She must have liked it

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — A Wisconsin woman said she answered an apartment ad she saw on Craigslist and wound up being held captive as a sex slave in Brooklyn for more than a week.
John Hopkins, 45, has been arrested on rape charges. The alleged victim said Hopkins held her in his East Williamsburg apartment on Humboldt Street for eight days.
The Brooklyn district attorney said Hopkins told the woman on the telephone she could live with him for free if she cooked and cleaned. However, when she arrived at his home on Feb. 4, Hopkins allegedly told her she was his slave.
The woman told police that she was handcuffed to a radiator and raped repeatedly. She said she was allowed out at least once, but handcuffed again when she returned.

Brooklyn District Attorney: Wisconsin Woman Held As Sex Slave In John Hopkins' East Williamsburg Apartment On Humboldt StreetCBS New York

I have read about many cases where after a person is kidnapped for a while, the person will break down and listen to whatever the kidnapper says, if you are good at brainwashing the victim you can take your victims out in public and they will not say or do anything. Like the girl in Utah who was kidnapped at age 8, she stayed in the families backyard for decades and had 2 children with the man, she had many chances to escape but did not. Alot of people develop Stockholm Sydrome and begin to like their attackers and hostage takers, after a while the desire to escape just goes away.

That wasn't Utah, it happened in CA.

Police: California Girl Kidnapped 18 Years Ago Kept as Sex Slave in Couple's Backyard - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

You are correct my bad.

"One of the best ways to tell if you are being abused is to trust your gut feeling.

This is a difficult task, if your abuser has managed to make you doubt your own sanity, but it is vital to your survival and healing.

Abusers brainwash their intimate partners using methods similar to those of prison guards who recognize that physical control is never easily accomplished without the cooperation of the prisoner.

The most effective way to gain that cooperation is through subversive manipulation of the mind and feelings of the victim, who then becomes a psychological, as well as a physical, prisoner. These methods form the core of abuse."

Abusive Brainwashing Techniques | Tools of Abusive Wives | Battered Men

Im sorry no.
The whole episode didnt last but a week and a day and she was let out once at some point, I cannot fathom anyone that week minded .

You would be surprised, it doesn't that as long you think to shatter someones soul and being. Besides if she liked being there he wouldn't need the cuffs anymore and no charges would have been pressed. No one knows how strong her self esteem was, so maybe it didn't take that long to break her. Who knows what the hell he did to her in that house.

Self esteem is earned and cannot be easily broken. It isnt passed out like candy unless you are a victim of public school.

Maybe she was, who knows? if she really had an opportunity to escape and chose to go back to the house the captor obviously broke her.

Yeah Im thinking this person has some serious underlying mental issues to have even answered the ad in the first place,.

Yeah Im thinking this person has some serious underlying mental issues to have even answered the ad in the first place,.

It just shows she was desparate if she was willing to stay in a place rent free and do household chores, that is basically like a slave. When I lived in Virginia on a radio show they were talking about women who stay in apartments in exchange for sex, this young woman called in she was 22 and in school and she said she stays in an apartment rent free all utilities paid for all she has to do is give the guy who actually pays the rent on the apartment a blowjob when he comes by, which isn't often since this guy is some kind of high roller. She said she doesn't feel like its a bad thing because house wives have sex with their husbands for free when they don't work, she really believed that. I have a feeling there are alot of women paying their rent with sexual favors.

Can anyone here tell me please if there is a way to block some ones posts? I don't think I want to see Mr.Fitnah's posts in the future.This statement really sent a chill down my spine.What an awful thing to say about what this lady went through.

The Brooklyn district attorney said Hopkins told the woman on the telephone she could live with him for free if she cooked and cleaned.

Sounds like a wife to me.

Maybe I'll put and ad out on Craigslist for a sammich-maker.

If that really happened then the women must inform the police and she should must given justice by arresting the people who has done this sin..

Well it looks like Fitnah may be right. It seems she did like it. For a while.

"We’re dealing with two individuals with varying degrees of mental instabilities," Judge Patricia DiMango said in the case of accused sicko "master" John Hopkins and his alleged victim, a 27-year-old Wisconsin woman.

"In these types of situations, with the facts presented by both sides, both the consensual and criminal can co-exist," the judge said.

"At some point, it can change to a situation where no means no. There comes a time when they’re not playful fun any more and they become dangerous — criminally dangerous."

Hopkin’s lawyer, Andrew Stoll said the pair knew each other for two years and had a consensual relationship. He said the relationship only blew up after Hopkins kicked her out of his apartment for heavy drinking.

"It stretches credibility beyond the breaking point to say that from the get-go, she was being held against her will," Stoll said. "I cannot imagine there will be a conviction here."
Read more: Judge in Craigslist 'sex-slave master' John Hopkins' case says consensual S&M can be criminal - NYPOST.com

Well it looks like Fitnah may be right. It seems she did like it. For a while.

"We’re dealing with two individuals with varying degrees of mental instabilities," Judge Patricia DiMango said in the case of accused sicko "master" John Hopkins and his alleged victim, a 27-year-old Wisconsin woman.

"In these types of situations, with the facts presented by both sides, both the consensual and criminal can co-exist," the judge said.

"At some point, it can change to a situation where no means no. There comes a time when they’re not playful fun any more and they become dangerous — criminally dangerous."

Hopkin’s lawyer, Andrew Stoll said the pair knew each other for two years and had a consensual relationship. He said the relationship only blew up after Hopkins kicked her out of his apartment for heavy drinking.

"It stretches credibility beyond the breaking point to say that from the get-go, she was being held against her will," Stoll said. "I cannot imagine there will be a conviction here."
Read more: Judge in Craigslist 'sex-slave master' John Hopkins' case says consensual S&M can be criminal - NYPOST.com

Which is why it's always a good idea to wait until one has ALL the facts before forming an opinion.

all a woman has to do is say no...one time.. for consensual sex to become rape....

mr fitnah.....did you convert to islam? or just in sexual matters

I just thought it odd that someone would return after being handcuffed Everyone I know would have gone straight to the police.
Not returned for another round of crazy.

honey the definition of crazy

doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

but you did wrong with the 'she must have liked it' title.....women have heard this over and over...when a woman is raped or abused.....she must have liked it...cause she stayed.....blah blah fucking sadistical blah.....sure i will give the woman a lot of responsibility for what happened...but i give the man his share to...sounds like at best he exploited the woman to the max...does it not?

As much as she wanted and then a little bit more.
These are not sane healthy people by any stretch bones.

Exploitation and domestic violence is not the same as kidnapping and human slavery. He's still in jail. And it would not surprise me if this "mentally unstable" female finds herself in another dangerous relationship. Dangerous games can have ugly consequences. She's an adult.

Exploitation and domestic violence is not the same as kidnapping and human slavery. He's still in jail. And it would not surprise me if this "mentally unstable" female finds herself in another dangerous relationship. Dangerous games can have ugly consequences. She's an adult.

i love this attitude...she's an adult...implying it was alright to exploit her

Forum List

Back