Sharyl Attkisson, EX-CBS reporter talks about the "liberal media."

The biggest problem ith our media is they are too soft in holding Conservatives responsible for their actions. They have bought into conservative whining about how unfair the media is to them and bend over backwards to cover for them

lol, leave it up to RW to deflect and end with saying something partisan and or stupid.
The so called liberal media has been soft on the transgressions of the right in a fear of appearing partisan
The whining from the right has been effective
It's called 'working the refs'.

The anxiety over being called 'Liberal Media' causes softball, kid gloves handling of Republicans.

But it's a proven fact the number of negative stories towards Republicans far outnumber negative stories on democrats.... And Dems own the Senate and Presidency.... fuck republicans had more negative press when Dems ran all 3. How much more lopsided does it have to be till it's "real" news and not softball? I have no faith in republicans, but shit, I have less in Democrats... just look at what they have helped fuck up since 2006. 8 years of Democrats having the majority of power and the country is stagnant at best.

The biggest problem ith our media is they are too soft in holding Conservatives responsible for their actions. They have bought into conservative whining about how unfair the media is to them and bend over backwards to cover for them

lol, leave it up to RW to deflect and end with saying something partisan and or stupid.
The so called liberal media has been soft on the transgressions of the right in a fear of appearing partisan

Lol, you're actually going with that. I keep wondering what happened to the 24 hour news coverage of the Iraq war under Bush when Obama kept it going for 3 years after being elected despite promising to end it as being "the first thing he will do if elected President." Or the near parade like atmosphere they gave Obama when he ended the war in Iraq, all 3 times.... Or where the media went now that Obama blames Bush for ending the Iraq war and where that same media is now that Obama is back to killing people in Iraq.

I see your point how the media has given in to not wanting to seem too bias. Slowly though we see the media at least making a slight effort to talk about issues with Obama, Obamacare, more wars, a horrible economy and income inequality... But that might have something to do with their rating sinking like a rock when they keep saying "the economy is still recovering, slowly...." 6 years later and trillions spent soaking the rich bankers so they can loan the poor more money.

Again I don't know how much truth will be in her book, but it would seem you're a prime example of what she is talking about the media's prime target being. Mindless, a drone without an ability to think (or get a job) not given to them. She's talking about propaganda, heavily influenced by Obama's administration, and all you can do is talk about conservatives. That's some blind hate RW.

My wife hires people as part of her job and she wants to let you know when you have a skill set that is marketable to the public to give her a call and she will see if they have anything for you. Till then just keep living on welfare as it seems to be working for you. Just better hope our deficits don't mean cuts for people and programs with a no benefit for cost ratio.
You make a good point

What happened to our "liberal media" when it came time to ask serious questions about Bush's Iraq invasion?
Where was the threat?
What is the urgency?
WMDs? Are you kidding me?
Treat us as liberators? Do you understand the Sunis, Shiites and Kurds?

Our liberal media failed big time

Another deflection.

But I agree. However the answer is simple. Bush rushed to war after a huge attack on US soil. The Media was riding the wave of Liberal supported hate to get us into Iraq. You have to remember that the war effort had like 60% support. later as liberal support dwindled so quickly did the medias support.

Popular opinion in the United States on the invasion of Iraq - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"A Gallup poll made on behalf of CNN and USA Today concluded that 79% of Americans thought the Iraq War was justified, with or without conclusive evidence of illegal weapons. 19% thought weapons were needed to justify the war"

"In May 2007, the New York Times and CBS News released similar results of a poll in which 61% of participants believed the U.S. "should have stayed out" of Iraq."

While I did the owning here, you kinda set yourself up. What do you "advise" people on again? All you did was prove that the "liberal media" gave liberals what they wanted. Your claim that the "liberal media" failed is correct, they failed to provide information that was un-bias. Liberals wanted war so the media gave them reason for war. Fox did no better, but that's my whole point and it seems the point of her book, that the media is just propaganda at this point.

You are actually kinda close
Except is was the conservatives wrapping the war up in patriotism and the liberals too cowardly to call them on it

The anxiety over being called 'Liberal Media' causes softball, kid gloves handling of Republicans.

But it's a proven fact the number of negative stories towards Republicans far outnumber negative stories on democrats.... And Dems own the Senate and Presidency.... fuck republicans had more negative press when Dems ran all 3. How much more lopsided does it have to be till it's "real" news and not softball? I have no faith in republicans, but shit, I have less in Democrats... just look at what they have helped fuck up since 2006.
It's not a 'proven fact' - it's false.

Democrats control the Senate and Executive, but the Republican House controls all spending.

Spending issues are what is holding our economy and our country back, while other countries like China are making advances, then patenting those advances.

I love that you can click on the quotes.... This pretty much sums up your honesty.

I'm full of shit.... based on my correct description of Dems claiming McCain had the best shot back in 2007 because you feel McCain was "better" back in 2000? Wtf is wrong with you?

That's all you took out of that quote, basically, you lied... lol.

The media is so wrapped up about warding off conservatives claims of bias that they ignore challenging them on obstructionism, government shutdowns, brinkmanship and blatant hypocrisy

Siagon, I'm sorry to attack. but i started a thread about a book talking about the inner workings of a major network and how simplistically it's run. Boss at top says no to stories that hurt Obama or Dems and yes to stories that hurt Republicans, right down to how they label people on their own network as "conservative' or "right wing" to make them look bias to the viewer. You're reaction is what, that she is lying? I mean it sounds as bad as fox news to me.... Do you have and info on the inner workings down at CBS?

No, I have no personal experience of CBS, so of couse you could be right. I am sure there is some truth in what she says, anyway.

Even so - I just don't see media spin as anywhere near as big an issue in the US as people think. It seems to me that in 9 cases out 10 when people complain about 'liberal bias', what they mean is that the news did not tell them what they had wanted to hear.

But it's a proven fact the number of negative stories towards Republicans far outnumber negative stories on democrats.... And Dems own the Senate and Presidency.... fuck republicans had more negative press when Dems ran all 3. How much more lopsided does it have to be till it's "real" news and not softball? I have no faith in republicans, but shit, I have less in Democrats... just look at what they have helped fuck up since 2006.

Democrats control the Senate and Executive, but the Republican House controls all spending.

Spending issues are what is holding our economy and our country back, while other countries like China are making advances, then patenting those advances.

It is a proven fact.... they actually did a study and proved it. Go look it up, I'm not going to go out and find it for you because you won't read or accept it anyways... No to mention it was all over these boards when it came out.

prolly 100 times the line "the truth has a liberal bias" was used to defend when now seems to be nothing more than liberal; manipulation of information. Just like your most hated Fox news does.

I love that you can click on the quotes.... This pretty much sums up your honesty.

I'm full of shit.... based on my correct description of Dems claiming McCain had the best shot back in 2007 because you feel McCain was "better" back in 2000? Wtf is wrong with you?

Sorry - but I quoted the only honest thing you said in that post.

Fuck it. This crap is so easy to find it's shocking how little effort it takes.

CNN has been the subject of allegations of liberal bias. In a joint study conducted by the Joan Shorenstein Center on Press, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University and the Project for Excellence in Journalism, the authors found disparate treatment by the three major cable networks of Republican and Democratic candidates during the earliest five months of presidential primaries in 2007: "The CNN programming studied tended to cast a negative light on Republican candidates – by a margin of three-to-one. Four-in-ten stories (41%) were clearly negative while just 14% were positive and 46% were neutral. The network provided negative coverage of all three main candidates with McCain faring the worst (63% negative) and Romney faring a little better than the others only because a majority of his coverage was neutral. With the exception of Obama, Democrats tended not to fare well either. Nearly half of the Illinois Senator’s stories were positive (46%), vs. just 8% that were negative, but both Clinton and Edwards ended up with more negative than positive coverage overall. While Democrats on average tended to have more positive coverage, the trend was skewed by particularly positive coverage of Obama."[1] Many observers have said CNN promotes liberal political positions and biased reporting

CNN controversies - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It is a proven fact.... they actually did a study and proved it. Go look it up, I'm not going to go out and find it for you because you won't read or accept it anyways... No to mention it was all over these boards when it came out.

prolly 100 times the line "the truth has a liberal bias" was used to defend when now seems to be nothing more than liberal; manipulation of information. Just like your most hated Fox news does.
More dishonesty from you.

What you are referring to is the study about the personal politics of reporters.

My sigline is re-affirmed.

Sorry - but I quoted the only honest thing you said in that post.

I agree, when in context it makes perfect sense. You simply remove the context and you have something shockingly similar to what you get out of the liberal media that we're talking about... opinions rather than news and information.

Thanks for helping clear that up by being an example of partisan hackery. You can keep going if you like.

CNN has been the subject of allegations of liberal bias. In a joint study conducted by the Joan Shorenstein Center on Press, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University and the Project for Excellence in Journalism, the authors found disparate treatment by the three major cable networks of Republican and Democratic candidates during the earliest five months of presidential primaries in 2007: "The CNN programming studied tended to cast a negative light on Republican candidates – by a margin of three-to-one. Four-in-ten stories (41%) were clearly negative while just 14% were positive and 46% were neutral. The network provided negative coverage of all three main candidates with McCain faring the worst (63% negative) and Romney faring a little better than the others only because a majority of his coverage was neutral. With the exception of Obama, Democrats tended not to fare well either. Nearly half of the Illinois Senator’s stories were positive (46%), vs. just 8% that were negative, but both Clinton and Edwards ended up with more negative than positive coverage overall. While Democrats on average tended to have more positive coverage, the trend was skewed by particularly positive coverage of Obama."[1] Many observers have said CNN promotes liberal political positions and biased reporting

I'm sure that you can point to the overwhelming number of negative stories about Westboro Baptist Church, also.

Good job!

I'm sure that you can point to the overwhelming number of negative stories about Westboro Baptist Church, also.

Good job!

I proved I didn't lie as you claimed i did, and you now admit that I didn't lie. Thank you.

Glad we agree that it's a proven fact that the media does far more negative stories on conservatives than liberals and more positive stories on liberals than conservatives. Unless you would like to change your position again to create an argument for the sake of arguing.

Good job!

I proved I didn't lie as you claimed i did, and you now admit that I didn't lie. Thank you.

Glad we agree that it's a proven fact that the media does far more negative stories on conservatives than liberals and more positive stories on liberals than conservatives. Unless you would like to change your position again to create an argument for the sake of arguing.
That is because conservatives DESERVE more criticism. Ht would you demand equal reporting when it is Conservatives shutting down our government, refusing to compromise, obstructing basic government and stifling our economy
The media is at fault for not criticizing Conservatives enough

They also do more negative stories on Westboro Baptist Church than they do on Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church.

Why do you think that is?

Conservatives are always saying that there are more Blacks in prison than Whites because Blacks commit more crime than Whites. Does reporting that reveal racism and bias in the media? Are reporters just racist against Blacks?

Hmm, Liberals defend the mainstream media while Conservatives criticize it. I wonder why?

More dishonesty from you.

What you are referring to is the study about the personal politics of reporters.

My sigline is re-affirmed.

So we could rely on you for unbiased journalism? LOL

They also do more negative stories on Westboro Baptist Church than they do on Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church.

Why do you think that is?

Conservatives are always saying that there are more Blacks in prison than Whites because Blacks commit more crime than Whites. Does reporting that reveal racism and bias in the media? Are reporters just racist against Blacks?

I'm Glad we agree that it's a proven fact that the media does far more negative stories on conservatives than liberals and more positive stories on liberals than conservatives.

I don't know why they do more negative stories about one church than another. I'm not religious so I honestly just can't give a fuck. Wait, are you trying to claim that even when Dems hold the Senate, House and Presidency that Republicans are still doing far far far far more bad things than Democrats??? Holy shit you're getting desperate lol. Yes I got your joke about the church crap the first time you told it, I just didn't think you were serious... Ok yes I knew you were serious but at least you admitted you agree that it's a proven fact that the media does far more negative stories on conservatives than liberals and more positive stories on liberals than conservatives.

Hmm, Liberals defend the mainstream media while Conservatives criticize it. I wonder why?
Who's defending it?

If I correct someone by saying that the Yankees are a baseball team, not a football team, am I defending the Yankees?

Try to use your brain sometime.

Who's defending it?

If I correct someone by saying that the Yankees are a baseball team, not a football team, am I defending the Yankees?

Try to use your brain sometime.

In the end I'm Glad we agree that it's a proven fact that the media does far more negative stories on conservatives than liberals and more positive stories on liberals than conservatives.

Forum List

Back