Shame: GOP Advocates Putting Embassy Personnel At Risk Over Politics

How does not opening an embassy put anyone at risk?

This gets my vote for dumbfuck post of the day.. oh, wait, it's Dante.

This.....and I'm using this word lightly--"reasoning" is equivalent to this:

Martha: We should put a car seat in the van so our son Timmy can be safe when I take him to soccer practice.

Fred: Soccer? Oh no, bad idea. I don't get along with some of those people. They're commies. No car seat.

Martha: Fred, Timmy is going to play soccer. It's good for him to exercise and make new friends. He is really looking forward to it.

Fred: Well I don't want to play soccer. I control the bank account. I'm going to do everything I can to defund you from buying a car seat to use to take him there.

Martha: You really are going to put our son's life at risk by trying to stop us from having a car seat? You've got to be kidding me! What will happen if we get into an accident and he gets hurt because he I couldn't secure him properly?!?

Fred: How does not driving him to soccer put anyone at risk?

That was one of the more pathetic analogies I've ever heard...just saying...

i really am curious how anyone can spin this as a bad thing - rationally i mean. i know there is a lot of knee-jerk reactions to it, but i want a sound argument for continuing a decades old failed policy.

Failed policy for whom??? Have you really been damaged by the lack of Cuban cigars? Do you know anything about the Castro regime? Ask the Cuban's here what's bad about this. Ask them how throwing billions of dollars at the Cuban government is a good thing, rationally.........
Explain the benefits to America in Obama's latest move to embolden and financially shore up yet another one of our enemies.

Last edited:
i really am curious how anyone can spin this as a bad thing - rationally i mean. i know there is a lot of knee-jerk reactions to it, but i want a sound argument for continuing a decades old failed policy.

Failed policy for whom??? Have you really been damaged by the lack of Cuban cigars? Do you know anything about the Castro regime? Ask the Cuban's here what's bad about this. Ask them how throwing billions of dollars at the Cuban government a good thing, rationally.........
Explain the benefits to America in Obama's latest move to embolden and financially shore up yet another one of our enemies.
here's what i know about the castro regime - 53 years of embargo hasn't deposed them. might be time to try something new.

and we're throwing billions at the cuban government how exactly?
and how does new markets for american goods and services not help america?

[
here's what i know about the castro regime - 53 years of embargo hasn't deposed them. might be time to try something new.

Your god claims that economic sanctions are the end all and be all of foreign policy. It's amusing that you, is faithful drones, now come in here saying they don't work. If this is 'failed policy" as you Obamunists claim, then isn't the policy of your god in dealing with Russia and Iran a known failure? Is your god incompetent, or just a two faced little weasel who changes his story to fit the weather?

[

Your god claims that economic sanctions are the end all and be all of foreign policy. It's amusing that you, is faithful drones, now come in here saying they don't work. If this is 'failed policy" as you Obamunists claim, then isn't the policy of your god in dealing with Russia and Iran a known failure? Is your god incompetent, or just a two faced little weasel who changes his story to fit the weather?
must have missed that part of the bible. did god tell it to you directly?

grow up and engage in a real conversation.

Martha: We should put a car seat in the van so our son Timmy can be safe when I take him to soccer practice.

Fred: Soccer? Oh no, bad idea. I don't get along with some of those people. They're commies. No car seat.

Martha: Fred, Timmy is going to play soccer. It's good for him to exercise and make new friends. He is really looking forward to it.

Fred: Well I don't want to play soccer. I control the bank account. I'm going to do everything I can to defund you from buying a car seat to use to take him there.

Martha: You really are going to put our son's life at risk by trying to stop us from having a car seat? You've got to be kidding me! What will happen if we get into an accident and he gets hurt because he I couldn't secure him properly?!?

too dumb to read the mail so the postman is pathetic .. uh huh.

Lots of countries have had normal relations with Cuba for decades, but how's that worked out for the average citizen? Have they been reaping the benefits, or have the bennies been scarffed up by the Castro boys and their party cohorts?

Failed policy for whom??? Have you really been damaged by the lack of Cuban cigars? Do you know anything about the Castro regime? Ask the Cuban's here what's bad about this. Ask them how throwing billions of dollars at the Cuban government a good thing, rationally.........

If that is all you know about the Castro regime, then you shouldn't form an opinion.
Buzz words like, failed policy, regurgitated from Obama's mouth to yours is a strange, effective phenomenon to watch. Do you know Obama has meetings to determine what buzz words will work best on you? Transparency, fundamental change, war on women, affordable healthcare, occupy, outdated constitution, failed policy..... all aimed right at your mouth like arming a mindless drone. How many times did you say "failed Cuban policy" last year? How many times have you said it after Obama placed it in your mouth?

How does redistributing our wealth to breathe life back into a terrorist regime help us again? Start now running a tally on how much of our money starts heading to Cuba. And note that they have nothing to offer us in return but tobacco and some antique cars. This is a one way deal, our money -> Castro's pockets. You are pretending that Castro has agreed to a chicken in every pot or a lap top in every lap once the money starts to flow. Don't hold your breath on Castro wanting the best for his people. This is another Obama bailout, paid for by you and I, to benefit the communist Castro regime. If it wasn't, we would have waited a few years until the Castro's died, and change really was a possibility.

New markets for what? We don't make anything anymore. You have us confused with China.
It was Cuba's policy of wanting to aid Russia in setting up missiles aimed at us, that failed, not ours. Not trusting them ever since has served us well. Our policy of mistrust of Castro hasn't failed us in 53 years.
Of course 53 years later, I'm sure Russia has changed it's mind about wanting to be able to strike the US from 90 miles away......

Last edited:

If that is all you know about the Castro regime, then you shouldn't form an opinion.
Buzz words like, failed policy, regurgitated from Obama's mouth to yours is a strange, effective phenomenon to watch. Do you know Obama has meetings to determine what buzz words will work best on you? Transparency, fundamental change, war on women, affordable healthcare, occupy, outdated constitution, failed policy..... all aimed right at your mouth like arming a mindless drone. How many times did you say "failed Cuban policy" last year? How many times have you said it after Obama placed it in your mouth?

How does redistributing our wealth to breathe life back into a terrorist regime help us again? Start now running a tally on how much of our money starts heading to Cuba. And note that they have nothing to offer us in return but tobacco and some antique cars. This is a one way deal, our money -> Castro's pockets. You are pretending that Castro has agreed to a chicken in every pot or a lap top in every lap once the money starts to flow. Don't hold your breath on Castro wanting the best for his people.

New markets for what? We don't make anything anymore. You have us confused with China.
It was Cuba's policy of wanting to aid Russia in setting up missiles aimed at us, that failed, not ours. Not trusting them ever since has served us well. Our policy of mistrust hasn't failed us in 53 years.
Of course 53 years later, I'm sure Russia has changed it's mind about wanting to be able to strike the US from 90 miles away......
for 53 years we had a policy that has not provided the desired result.
if that doesn't qualify as failed, what would you call it?

How does redistributing our wealth to breathe life back into a terrorist regime help us again? Start now running a tally on how much of our money starts heading to Cuba. And note that they have nothing to offer us in return but tobacco and some antique cars. This is a one way deal, our money -> Castro's pockets. You are pretending that Castro has agreed to a chicken in every pot or a lap top in every lap once the money starts to flow. Don't hold your breath on Castro wanting the best for his people.

It was Cuba's policy of wanting to aid Russia in setting up missiles aimed at us, that failed, not ours. Not trusting them ever since has served us well. Our policy of mistrust hasn't failed us in 53 years.
You might also be talking about Johnson's "Great Society". Now that was a complete flop.

Seriously, how many times have you fretted over our "failed policy" regarding Cuba last year? How many times have you said it since Obama placed the little gem on your tongue?
Not trusting the communist Castro regime has not failed. You have been told it has failed us, because Obama wants "change". He has to redistribute as much of our wealth as he can in the next two years. This is a Castro bailout, to benefit the Cuban gov., with our money. Before this none of our money was being spent to benefit Castro. Watch for that to "change".
If real change was our new policy, Obama would have waited till the old communist regime had died, and a democracy might have a chance for the citizens of Cuba.

Seriously, how many times have you fretted over our "failed policy" regarding Cuba last year? How many times have you said it since Obama placed the little gem on your tongue?
Not trusting the communist Castro regime has not failed. You have been told it has failed us, because Obama wants "change". He has to redistribute as much of our wealth as he can in the next to years. This is a Castro bailout, to benefit the Cuban gov., with our money. Before this none of our money was being spent to benefit Castro. Watch for that to "change".
If real change was our new policy, Obama would have waited till th old regime had died, and a democracy might have a chance for the citizens of Cuba.
actually, i've been wanting normalized relations with cuba for a long time. i don't see how anyone is benefiting from the embargo, and i can see many ways that the lives of cubans and american business may benefit from normal relations and an end to the embargo.

Not to mention, it makes absolutely no sense.. I'm convinced that one's a habitual drug abuser... there really isn't another explanation.

Oh make no mistake, American businesses, the highest taxed in the world, that employ Americans, will certainly benefit by moving to a country with a lower tax rate. That effects us poorly, and Cuba greatly. American businesses will spend money there, not here. That effects us poorly, but benefits them. Cuba is going to need money to get back up and running. Obama will print some of ours to help them. Terrorists relocating to Cuba can fly into this country at will now. They no longer have to sneak across the border. Cuba needs oil. We'll give them ours. Russia likes the idea of their friends becoming more powerful at our expense instead of his or Venezuela's. And Putin sure likes their Location, Location, Location.

Now tell me what you think is good about this for America, or the oppressed in Cuba and why don't the Cubans here agree with you? What do they know, that Obama doesn't want you to concern yourself with. He wants you to keep saying, "We failed. We apologize. Time for change."
Cuba has offered nothing by the way, in the easing of the oppression they have forced on their people. Our money will be going to shore up the gov. and military of the present regime to become even more dictatorial.

Last edited:
Oh make no mistake, American businesses, the highest taxed in the world, that employ Americans, will certainly benefit by moving to a country with a lower tax rate. That effects us poorly, and Cuba greatly. American businesses will spend money there, not here. That effects us poorly, but benefits them. Cuba is going to need money to get back up and running. Obama will print some of ours to help them. Terrorists relocating to Cuba can fly into this country at will now. They no longer have to sneak across the border. Cuba needs oil. We'll give them ours. Russia likes the idea of their friends becoming more powerful at our expense instead of his or Venezuela's. And Putin sure likes their Location, Location, Location.

Now tell me what you think is good about this for America, or the oppressed in Cuba and why don't the Cubans here agree with you? What do they know, that Obama doesn't want you to concern yourself with. He wants you to keep saying, we failed, time for change. Cuba has offered nothing by the way, in the easing of the oppression they have forced on their people. Our money will be going to shore up the gov. and military of the present regime to become even more dictatorial.

highest tax rate in the world?

what world are you from ?

The United States Has the Third Highest Corporate Tax Rate among 163 Nations
The top marginal corporate tax rate among the 163 countries surveyed was the United Arab Emirates,[2] which has a top rate of 55 percent (see Table 1).[3] This is followed by the African nation of Chad (40 percent). The United States, with a combined top marginal tax rate of 39.1 percent (consisting of the federal tax rate of 35 percent plus the average tax rate among the states), has the third highest corporate income tax rate in the world. In contrast, the average across all 163 countries and tax jurisdictions is 22.6, or 30.6 percent weighted by gross domestic product.[4]

does that make the rest of your opinion credible ?

Forgive me, one of the highest....... Better? Does that make the rest of my opinion any less credible? Use Burger King as the litmus test. They'll save millions on taxes and we'll lose 19 billion in the next ten years over their move to Canada.

And shouldn't someone other than Obama, Beyonce and her husband make this decision?

Everything in Cuba is nationalized. How do you imagine that there will be any business or investment in Cuba? No American will move to Cuba for the business opportunity. There aren't any.

While obumble wants to normalize relationships Cuba has made no concessions at all. Raul Castro never said that investment would be open or that Cuba would permit private ownership of property.

If this is such a good thing why does the op think embassy personal are going to be at risk? Take another chunk out of your paycheck to send to Cuba for protection we didn't need yesterday, but is now a Rep/Dem issue and a redistributor's dream?

I don't know how you put up with this man's bullshit. Or do you just numbly bow?

“I will maintain the embargo. It provides us with the leverage to present the regime with a clear choice: if you take significant steps toward democracy, beginning with the freeing of all political prisoners, we will take steps to begin normalizing relations.

That’s the way to bring about real change in Cuba – through strong, smart and principled diplomacy.” ~ Obama's position then.....

All I can think of when he opens his mouth is, was he lying then or is he lying now?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back