Shadow banning.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Is it mildly possible that certain members content is invisible to the general public without them knowing it ?

Just asking .

I realize that some of my rabbit holes are enticing ...... but just remember, and every 25 rabbit holes there's a snake pit.

Is it mildly possible that certain members content is invisible to the general public without them knowing it ?

Just asking .

I realize that some of my rabbit holes are enticing ...... but just remember, in every 25 rabbit holes there's a snake pit.

And it's not like I made up the term Shadow Banning because Google does it on a routine basis. And they get away with it because we have a politicized justice system.

Just asking .

I realize that some of my rabbit holes are enticing ...... but just remember, in every 25 rabbit holes there's a snake pit.

And it's not like I made up the term Shadow Banning because Google does it on a routine basis. And they get away with it because we have a politicized justice system.
I thought your thread is about those mod(s) who, without heads up, block someone from posting in a thread.

It's possible. I am controversial enough in the eyes of some to expect this, as I've experienced on twitter.

In the end, I have to take the site at it's word. It's a very large forum, so what can one do but place faith in it?

Too many forums have either disappeared or been essentially inactive due to censorship. USMB hopefully maintains their integrity. I always believe that the more sources of free speech and quote unquote, American Values that exist, the better it is for the future.

Many avoid traditional social media to head back to the old school forum model, this is the site they will often find and join. Shadowbanning helps who exactly?

Just asking .

Good question.

I was on Twitter the other day...and I'm sure they practice shadow banning.

Alot of times I will be looking at my profile and several of my followers would disappear.
The other day I was watching a video of some Karen screaming in a Burger King and I made a comment.....and as soon as I clicked *tweet* my account was banned permanently. It had to have been an algorithm......because nobody can file a complaint in a micro-second.

Just asking .

I realize that some of my rabbit holes are enticing ...... but just remember, and every 25 rabbit holes there's a snake pit.
No, we don't do that. The only thing close to what you are describing is when we delete posts when warning or cleaning up threads. "Deleted" posts/threads are never actually deleted though. They are just removed from public view.

Forum List

Back