Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl >>> NOT GUILTY.

It figures the left is sticking up for a coward and traitor, I expected nothing less from cowards and traitors

I always thought that the left wing should support our military, now I am not sure.

After the left believing and parroting every unsubstantiated anti-military accusation all through the Iraq war, I thought it was pretty clear. How did you get through all that and suddenly this makes you question them?

OK, let me explain sarcasm. They are supporting the wrong side of the military.

OK, but I still don't get it

It figures the left is sticking up for a coward and traitor, I expected nothing less from cowards and traitors

I always thought that the left wing should support our military, now I am not sure.

After the left believing and parroting every unsubstantiated anti-military accusation all through the Iraq war, I thought it was pretty clear. How did you get through all that and suddenly this makes you question them?

OK, let me explain sarcasm. They are supporting the wrong side of the military.

OK, but I still don't get it

Who in the military do the left wing show support? Any soldier that protests war. John Kerry, deserters, those going AWOL...as for those who do serve with honor and distinction, not so much.

jon_berzerk

In all fairness to Joe, I did pin him down on this the other night, and got him to say that he thought the war against the Taliban was wrong. Since the Taliban sheltered Bin Laden, is still running around killing innocent people, and is fighting our troops, maybe he should change that defense to "Bergdahl was being forced to fight in an unjust war against terrorists".

BS and JoeB. Neither of you have any idea of a court-martial works. Also you are both making comments unsupported by the facts. JoeB, if the Army says you go, you go. BS, those soldiers were killed on other missions.
I know more about how court martials work than you obviously do. If you care to testify to the validity of the claims that the soldiers weren't killed looking for him ...I suggest you contact Bergdahl's lawyer to see if they will put you on the docket or at least sit for a video deposition..
You obviously know little and that wrong, and you don't know the procedure for discussion. YOU made the claims that the soldiers died because of Bergdahl, I said "uh uh", thus it's up to you provide substantiation for your affirmative asseretion; you won't be able to.

Bergdahl's replies to investigators questions are the only evidential facts that can convict him. The boy talked without a lawyer. JoeB is right on this, I think; a plea deal will emerge for ten years or less.

actually, what he should do is plead mental incapacity. Then bring up his discharge from the Coast Guard, all of his friends who will say, "yeah, the guy isn't all there", then bring up testimony that they made guys in Afghanistan regularly take Go-No Go pills to keep them alert.

Make it clear that the man who walked away from his post was mentally unstable to start with made worse by the situation and lack of leadership.

That's what he should do.

Fine by me...as long as the end result is him locked in a straitjacket, in a padded cell for the rest of his life, never to see the light of day again except in a body bag.

really think so probably not

the other day an aid to the Iranian Nuclear Negotiation team defects to Switzerland

and the first thing out is his mouth is that Kerry and the USA is working on behalf of Iran

--LOL
Nope, he didn't, but you did, which is libel.

You far right war hawks here are every bit as silly in your accusations as are the JoeBs.

Bergdahl's replies to investigators questions are the only evidential facts that can convict him. The boy talked without a lawyer. JoeB is right on this, I think; a plea deal will emerge for ten years or less.

actually, what he should do is plead mental incapacity. Then bring up his discharge from the Coast Guard, all of his friends who will say, "yeah, the guy isn't all there", then bring up testimony that they made guys in Afghanistan regularly take Go-No Go pills to keep them alert.

Make it clear that the man who walked away from his post was mentally unstable to start with made worse by the situation and lack of leadership.

Fine by me...as long as the end result is him locked in a straitjacket, in a padded cell for the rest of his life, never to see the light of day again except in a body bag.
It won't, even if he is convicted. He will be in General Population and out within 10 years.

A judge may permit that line of evidence in mitigation after a conviction, but would probably rule it inadmissible as evidence to the charges themselves as being not probative.

Naw, you go full on out. You go public. You make the Army put the whole reeking business out in the public. You let them KNOW they were enlisting felons and mentally ill people. You let them know some of those people murdered civilians in war zones. You let them KNOW that the Army was feeding people drugs.

This Bergdahl thing IS a scandal.

Judge needs to slap a gag order on all parties. Any of them breathe one single word about it, lock them up and/or dishonorably discharge them.

It won't, even if he is convicted. He will be in General Population and out within 10 years.

With any luck, he'll get shanked before he gets out.

With any luck, he'll get shanked before he gets out.
That is a possibility, but Leavenworth is probably the safest and cleanest federal lock up in the system, at every level of security status.

Wonder how much trouble it would be to spike his dinner with D-Con.

Anything less than him in front of a firing squad or swaying at the end of a noose is a travesty.

You can't do that in the court room: that's the judge's domain, and s/he won't permit it except, perhaps, in mitigation.

You could try a sympathy hope in the media.

again, guy, the way this case is won is in the Media. This is a kangaroo court by an organization trying to cover up an embarrassment. The only way you keep them from doing it is by blowing the lid on this whole rancid business.

I'm totally for supporting the military in doing it's job.

I'm not for supporting it because they are trying to crush a young man because they made a mistake in enlisting him to start with.

Forum List

Back