Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl >>> NOT GUILTY.

Bergdahl's replies to investigators questions are the only evidential facts that can convict him. The boy talked without a lawyer. JoeB is right on this, I think; a plea deal will emerge for ten years or less.

Bergdahl's replies to investigators questions are the only evidential facts that can convict him. The boy talked without a lawyer. JoeB is right on this, I think; a plea deal will emerge for ten years or less.

Yeah ... Bergdahl certainly couldn't tell the truth without a lawyer present.

I didn't claim six guys died looking for him ... I know what he has been charged with and what the other people in his unit and command have claimed.
Plus the Army isn't trying to peddle bullshit ... They are trying Bergdahl ... For desertion and misbehavior before the enemy.

Whether or not you like it ... Is in no way testimony, or even considered in the case.

The Army is clearly peddling bullshit.

If Bergdahl deserted, why didn't they list him as a deserter or even AWOL at the time?

Why did they continue to promote him while in captivity, even a promotion to E-5 he didn't really merit.

Why did they have members of his platoon sign non-disclosure agreements not to talk to the press about his disappearence?

Could it be because they didn't want a discussion at the time of why they enlisted a mentally unbalanced person and threw him into a war zone?

actually, what he should do is plead mental incapacity. Then bring up his discharge from the Coast Guard, all of his friends who will say, "yeah, the guy isn't all there", then bring up testimony that they made guys in Afghanistan regularly take Go-No Go pills to keep them alert.

Make it clear that the man who walked away from his post was mentally unstable to start with made worse by the situation and lack of leadership.

That's what he should do.

If Bergdahl deserted, why didn't they list him as a deserter or even AWOL at the time?

Why did they continue to promote him while in captivity, even a promotion to E-5 he didn't really merit.

Why did they have members of his platoon sign non-disclosure agreements not to talk to the press about his disappearence?

Could it be because they didn't want a discussion at the time of why they enlisted a mentally unbalanced person and threw him into a war zone?

I have no problem with your assertion Bergdahl I mentally unbalanced ... Probably why he deserted his post and got his fellow soldiers killed.
As to why the military did what they did ... They will cover that in the trial ... Bergdahl has a lawyer.

Looks like you are the one peddling bullshit ... Nothing new there.

I have no problem with your assertion Bergdahl I mentally unbalanced ... Probably why he deserted his post and got his fellow soldiers killed.
As to why the military did what they did ... They will cover that in the trial ... Bergdahl has a lawyer.

But don't you kind of see the obscenity of recruiting a mentally ill man, in fact, breaking your own rules to enlist him, then putting him in a war zone, lying about the circumstances of his disappearance, and then prosecuting him because someone made a deal to get him back?

Or are you just one of these right wing nutters who wants to crucify the guy because you hate Obama insanely?

Tell us true.

But don't you kind of see the obscenity of recruiting a mentally ill man, in fact, breaking your own rules to enlist him, then putting him in a war zone, lying about the circumstances of his disappearance, and then prosecuting him because someone made a deal to get him back?

Or are you just one of these right wing nutters who wants to crucify the guy because you hate Obama insanely?

Tell us true.

Of course I can see where a mentally challenged and unstable person can be admitted into the military ... They let you serve for a little while.
And ... I have yet to say anything about hating President Obama ... You are the one who demonstrates all the irrational hatred.

Joe

I read what you've been writing for some time now, and you're wrong. When you sign up, it's for any war. They don't let you pick the ones you want.

Or at least that's the case in the army I enlisted in......

Last edited:

Yeah ... Bergdahl certainly couldn't tell the truth without a lawyer present..

We have fifth amendment rights for a reason, BS. Your moral considerations about that are irrelevant.

Of course I can see where a mentally challenged and unstable person can be admitted into the military ... They let you serve for a little while.
And ... I have yet to say anything about hating President Obama ... You are the one who demonstrates all the irrational hatred.

yeah, I'll admit, after my parents died, I wasn't in good shape and the Army wasn't any fucking help. But I got through it.

But, no, we shouldn't prosecute people who are mentally ill who never should have been enlisted to start with.

Sadly, that is exactly what the Army did in 2009 when middle class kids stopped signing up.

actually, what he should do is plead mental incapacity. Then bring up his discharge from the Coast Guard, all of his friends who will say, "yeah, the guy isn't all there", then bring up testimony that they made guys in Afghanistan regularly take Go-No Go pills to keep them alert. Make it clear that the man who walked away from his post was mentally unstable to start with made worse by the situation and lack of leadership. That's what he should do.

A judge may permit that line of evidence in mitigation after a conviction, but would probably rule it inadmissible as evidence to the charges themselves as being not probative.

Joe

I read what you wrote, and you're wrong. When you sign up, it's for any war. They don't let you pick the ones you want.

Or at least that's the case in the army I enlisted in......

I was commenting on all the NeoCons and Arm-chair warriors who are happy to send poor kids off to fight wars for Oil and not sign up themselves, but we know you have poor reading comprehension skills.

Stop the nonsense about getting fellow soldiers killed. They died later on different missions.

A judge may permit that line of evidence in mitigation after a conviction, but would probably rule it inadmissible as evidence to the charges themselves as being not probative.

Naw, you go full on out. You go public. You make the Army put the whole reeking business out in the public. You let them KNOW they were enlisting felons and mentally ill people. You let them know some of those people murdered civilians in war zones. You let them KNOW that the Army was feeding people drugs.

This Bergdahl thing IS a scandal.

Yeah ... Bergdahl certainly couldn't tell the truth without a lawyer present..

We have fifth amendment rights for a reason, BS. Your moral considerations about that are irrelevant.

Of course we have rights and so does Bergdahl ... All I posted is that I am sure Bergdahl was incapable of telling the truth without his lawyer present.
You are the one that made a moral consideration towards that ... Not me ... I agreed with you.

Naw, you go full on out. You go public. You make the Army put the whole reeking business out in the public. You let them KNOW they were enlisting felons and mentally ill people. You let them know some of those people murdered civilians in war zones. You let them KNOW that the Army was feeding people drugs. This Bergdahl thing IS a scandal.
You can't do that in the court room: that's the judge's domain, and s/he won't permit it except, perhaps, in mitigation.

You could try a sympathy hope in the media.

Joe

You still sign the papers when you join and you do it knowing you have to fight in any war the President sends you to, regardless of the reasons.

If anyone can't accept that, don't join. After all, it's not mandatory, you know.

Forum List

Back