Sex Education and the Public Schools

I personally feel that the description of "sexual intercourse" on pages 35-36 is going overboard.

I think it should focus on the simple science of the act...insertion of sperm by the male into the female so that the egg can be fertilized.

Calling it "making love" and discussing the "emotional aspects" of the act is, in my opinion, inappropriate for a science curriculum.

Since a Homosexual Child isn't going to be Concerned with anything in this book regarding Sex, doesn't it Exclude or Negate them?...

Regardless of the "Making Love" part.

:)

peace...

I agree about keeping it purely about the biology of sex and reproduction and in doing so, homosexual sex would not need to be included.

Agreed.

However, with the way it is written in the above scanned image, it discussed the emotional aspect of sex. This opens the door to describe the emotional aspect of all types of sex.

It should be changed to a discussion of REPRODUCTION..."reproduction is the insertion of the penis into the vagina, the release of semen which contain sperm, which fertilizes the egg, which results in an embryo, etc..."

If the book discussed "reproduction" and not "sex", then homosexuality would NEVER be included.
Not sure where you are going with this...the act is called sex after all.

I personally feel that the description of "sexual intercourse" on pages 35-36 is going overboard.

I think it should focus on the simple science of the act...insertion of sperm by the male into the female so that the egg can be fertilized.

Calling it "making love" and discussing the "emotional aspects" of the act is, in my opinion, inappropriate for a science curriculum.

Since a Homosexual Child isn't going to be Concerned with anything in this book regarding Sex, doesn't it Exclude or Negate them?...

peace...
On our planet gays can and do reproduce.

No. As long as it is taught as science, and as long as they are a human, then they should be required to learn the science of the human body.

Should boys be excluded from discussion of menstruation?

I agree about keeping it purely about the biology of sex and reproduction and in doing so, homosexual sex would not need to be included.

Agreed.

However, with the way it is written in the above scanned image, it discussed the emotional aspect of sex. This opens the door to describe the emotional aspect of all types of sex.

It should be changed to a discussion of REPRODUCTION..."reproduction is the insertion of the penis into the vagina, the release of semen which contain sperm, which fertilizes the egg, which results in an embryo, etc..."

If the book discussed "reproduction" and not "sex", then homosexuality would NEVER be included.
Not sure where you are going with this...the act is called sex after all.

There are a lot of acts called sex...vaginal sex, anal sex, oral sex, phone sex, cyber sex.

There is only one act called sexual reproduction.

peace...

So? The class is reproduction and sex and how one results in the other. Homosexual sex cannot reproduce anything because reproduction occurs between a man and a woman.

I don't think a 10 year old child can know if they are homosexual or not; I think a 10 year old child barely has a grasp on any of this.

peace...

No Homosexual Coupling has EVER or will EVER Produce Life...

It is Impossible.

Homosexual Sex does not Produce Life.

peace...

peace...

It is Impossible.

peace...
That's not what I said.

btw, you've said at least five times in the past two days you were no longer going to talk to me...what gives?

peace...

So? The class is reproduction and sex and how one results in the other. Homosexual sex cannot reproduce anything because reproduction occurs between a man and a woman.

I don't think a 10 year old child can know if they are homosexual or not; I think a 10 year old child barely has a grasp on any of this.

I'm not Advocating for it... I am continuing a Discussion that some people got out of a while back...

The Distraction was that this Text didn't Exist...

Now that this has been Debunked and I have Proven it does, and Ravi has yet to Concede it, I am continuing the Discussion.

Those who Advocate for Homosexuals say that "they knew when they were in Grade School" and some have even said that they weren't Served in SexEd...

None of it made Sense because it wasn't who they were.

Anyway...

peace...

It is Impossible.

peace...
That's not what I said.

btw, you've said at least five times in the past two days you were no longer going to talk to me...what gives?

I hold out Hope that you won't always be a Dishonest Douchebag in Mature Debate...

You continuously show me that it's Futile to Believe that's Possible...

We are done, but don't Think I won't tell you to Fuck Off from time to time...

Fuck off, Troll. ;)

peace...

I'm not Advocating for it... I am continuing a Discussion that some people got out of a while back...

Now that this has been Debunked and I have Proven it does, and Ravi has yet to Concede it, I am continuing the Discussion.

Those who Advocate for Homosexuals say that "they knew when they were in Grade School" and some have even said that they weren't Served in SexEd...

Anyway...

So...this thread isn't actually about discussing the curriculum, but rather just an attempt to prove yourself right that a text exists that others had doubted?

A little trolly if you axe me...

Anyway...

So...this thread isn't actually about discussing the curriculum, but rather just an attempt to prove yourself right that a text exists that others had doubted?

Ravi called me out... I Proved it.

And there is a Discussion to be had that was Removed with a Thread last year...

We are having it.

I have another (2) Pages for Discussion.

peace...

The reason this EVER became an Issue was because some on the Left think that "Gay Children" are Underserved in the Education System and need to be Included.

I'm sensing a strawman. :cool:

Could you link to where some liberals have made the argument you just summed-up in the quote, as it relates to homosexuality being discussed in fifth grade sex ed? It's definitely not a view I share as a libturd. Sexuality is philosophy; reproduction is biology. Important distinction. At that age sexuality is a foreign concept.

I'm with xotoxi and others here. At this grade level keep it to the strict biological facts of the act. The "making love" section over-stepped into the world of emotion and attraction, imo. That should be reserved for an elective in the high-school curriculum, with parental notification that sexuality will be discussed.

The reason this EVER became an Issue was because some on the Left think that "Gay Children" are Underserved in the Education System and need to be Included.

I'm sensing a strawman. :cool:

Could you link to where some liberals have made the argument you just summed-up in the quote, as it relates to homosexuality being discussed in fifth grade sex ed? It's definitely not a view I share as a libturd. Sexuality is philosophy; reproduction is biology. Important distinction. At that age sexuality is a foreign concept.

I'm with xotoxi and others here. At this grade level keep it to the strict biological facts of the act. The "making love" section over-stepped into the world of emotion and attraction, imo. That should be reserved for an elective in the high-school curriculum, with parental notification that sexuality will be discussed.

don't hold your breath waiting for the link. i agree that the pamphlet is poorly and inappropriately written. apparently the biggest school district in CO sucks.

shocker

I agree, they are teaching technical sexual intercourse. It is about how a sperm is delivered to an egg. That needs both a man and a women.

Schools have no business disusing or teaching sexuality. Discussions on Sexuality is where you can discuss all different forms of having sex.

When (if ever) should schools teach sexuality? Before many of the students have had intercourse - say 7th grade - or when it becomes common knowlege among the students that some of their peers are doing it? Or never.

Anyway...

Ravi called me out... I Proved it.

And there is a Discussion to be had that was Removed with a Thread last year...

We are having it.

I have another (2) Pages for Discussion.

peace...
You proved the book existed. Why it took you so long is a mystery. You haven't proved it is used in 5th grade, though with the dumbing down of the subject matter it seems likely.

What you did not prove is that it teaches intercourse...it does not, and only someone with a mind as warped as yours could believe that it does.

Also, your connection to homosexuality is ridiculous in the extreme and makes me wonder anew...:lol:

Forum List

Back