Sex Education and the Public Schools

The reason this EVER became an Issue was because some on the Left think that "Gay Children" are Underserved in the Education System and need to be Included.

I'm sensing a strawman. :cool:

Could you link to where some liberals have made the argument you just summed-up in the quote, as it relates to homosexuality being discussed in fifth grade sex ed? It's definitely not a view I share as a libturd. Sexuality is philosophy; reproduction is biology. Important distinction. At that age sexuality is a foreign concept.

I'm with xotoxi and others here. At this grade level keep it to the strict biological facts of the act. The "making love" section over-stepped into the world of emotion and attraction, imo. That should be reserved for an elective in the high-school curriculum, with parental notification that sexuality will be discussed.

don't hold your breath waiting for the link. i agree that the pamphlet is poorly and inappropriately written. apparently the biggest school district in CO sucks.

shocker

Shocker... I believe that is some kind of deviant sex act. So it's only logical and rational to wonder why some liberals want to teach ten-year olds how to perform "the shocker". Why do you hate the children?

I personally feel that the description of "sexual intercourse" on pages 35-36 is going overboard.

I think it should focus on the simple science of the act...insertion of sperm by the male into the female so that the egg can be fertilized.

Calling it "making love" and discussing the "emotional aspects" of the act is, in my opinion, inappropriate for a science curriculum.

I agree, they are teaching technical sexual intercourse. It is about how a sperm is delivered to an egg. That needs both a man and a women.

Schools have no business disusing or teaching sexuality. Discussions on Sexuality is where you can discuss all different forms of having sex.

When (if ever) should schools teach sexuality? Before many of the students have had intercourse - say 7th grade - or when it becomes common knowlege among the students that some of their peers are doing it? Or never.

Schools should NOT teach sexuality. Parents should be teaching their children about sex and sexuality. Period. Why should the "sex talk" and all forms of sexuality be a teachers responsibility?

I feel that the only sex education that should be taught in school is the basic how a baby is made, and how to prevent pregnancy and STD's. The rest is up to the parents.

09-29-2010-gnc-30-31s.jpg

Discuss...

:)

peace...

Could you link to where some liberals have made the argument you just summed-up in the quote, as it relates to homosexuality being discussed in fifth grade sex ed? It's definitely not a view I share as a libturd. Sexuality is philosophy; reproduction is biology. Important distinction. At that age sexuality is a foreign concept.

I'm with xotoxi and others here. At this grade level keep it to the strict biological facts of the act. The "making love" section over-stepped into the world of emotion and attraction, imo. That should be reserved for an elective in the high-school curriculum, with parental notification that sexuality will be discussed.

don't hold your breath waiting for the link. i agree that the pamphlet is poorly and inappropriately written. apparently the biggest school district in CO sucks.

shocker

Shocker... I believe that is some kind of deviant sex act. So it's only logical and rational to wonder why some liberals want to teach ten-year olds how to perform "the shocker". Why do you hate the children?

i'm a dad; that's my job. :thup:

The reason this EVER became an Issue was because some on the Left think that "Gay Children" are Underserved in the Education System and need to be Included.

Well, the primary Thread that this Discussion was Happening in was Deleted...

People like del here that are Volunteer Thread Manipulators, remove Threads... True Story! :thup:

Don't Know if he did it... It was a long time ago.

I can check the remaining with Reference to this Booklet though.

Otherwise it would have been with some of the same People here that were @ Hannity at the time and that is now Archived and I ain't searchin'...

peace...

Discuss...

peace...

Between 9 & 17... This is a Fact.

Assuming that Homosexuality is something someone is Born with, is not Possible that a 9 Year Old would be Feeling Feelings Sexually that are not Included in this Material, or any other Material for SexEd that I am aware of?...

Is this not Exclusionary and doesn't it Isolate these Homosexual Children?...

It's Interesting that almost EVERY single one of you who are Avoiding this Issue are the same ones who say that Homosexuality isn't a Choice, it's the way one is Born...

So why the Evasions on this?...

peace...

People like del here that are Volunteer Thread Manipulators, remove Threads... True Story! :thup:

Otherwise it would have been with some of the same People here that were @ Hannity at the time and that is now Archived and I ain't searchin'...

peace...

Okay. I've read through this thread, and it looks live everyone here is in some agreement that the book is out-of-line in approaching the emotional aspect of sex. I'm not sure what else there is to discuss.

shocker

^The Dismissal I was Expecting and from the other Fuckstain that I Expected it from...

You and Ravi are the same level of Dishonest Shits, did you Know that, del?...

peace...

peace...

Okay. I've read through this thread, and it looks live everyone here is in some agreement that the book is out-of-line in approaching the emotional aspect of sex. I'm not sure what else there is to discuss.

The Book is 62 Pages long... I have just Posted 2 more Pages... Feel free to Comment.

As for what's out-of-line, this Booklet was Printed in 1988... For 22 years apparently 100,000's of Thousands of Parents and Educators in Jeffco have been Asleep at the Wheel, eh?...

peace...

shocker

^The Dismissal I was Expecting and from the other Fuckstain that I Expected it from...

peace...

being called dishonest by a fuckwit like you just doesn't have the sting you probably expect it to. i'm sorry you live in an area with shitty schools.
i'd move, if i were you.

actually, if i were you, i'd eat my 1911.

shocker

peace...

being called dishonest by a fuckwit like you just doesn't have the sting you probably expect it to. i'm sorry you live in an area with shitty schools.
i'd move, if i were you.

actually, if i were you, i'd eat my 1911.

Ah... Ignorance Followed by Dreams of someone else Offing themselve...

You should get Counseling before you go through with it, Champ! :thup:

Go Troll elsewhere, Volunteer Thread Mover.

peace...

I'm not talking about ANY book...but you have to wonder about the books on sex ed put out by countries like Uganda, a predominantly Christian country that has made homosexuality itself illegal with the help of American far right christian nuts.

If only that other Thread wasn't Deleted...

What do you Think Bodecea's Take would be on this, of course without the Trolling and Shitting on this Thread that has Happened by del and ravi...

It's Obvious what Bodecea was Pondering Months ago...

And it's Obvious that she's one of the one's who would Support Homosexual SexEd for the little Gay Children.

Matter of Fact, she does.

Love to see her come in her a Lie about it so she doesn't Stray from del and ravi's Narrative.

peace...

Discuss...

peace...

Assuming that Homosexuality is something someone is Born with, is not Possible that a 9 Year Old would be Feeling Feelings Sexually that are not Included in this Material, or any other Material for SexEd that I am aware of?...

It's Interesting that almost EVERY single one of you who are Avoiding this Issue are the same ones who say that Homosexuality isn't a Choice, it's the way one is Born...

peace...

Alright ill bite

Sure it is. It will start the internal conflict of "am i normal" "why am i not like everyone else" So NONE of it, no sexuality should be taught in school. PERIOD.

The Book is 62 Pages long... I have just Posted 2 more Pages... Feel free to Comment.
Those two pages represent the same issue I and others have already addressed.

As for what's out-of-line, this Booklet was Printed in 1988... For 22 years apparently 100,000's of Thousands of Parents and Educators in Jeffco have been Asleep at the Wheel, eh?...
Yes.

Discuss...

peace...

peace...

Alright ill bite

Sure it is. It will start the internal conflict of "am i normal" "why am i not like everyone else" So NONE of it, no sexuality should be taught in school. PERIOD.

OK, then that's where you stand...

SexEd is Taught though, so the next Question is Equality.

peace...

Those two pages represent the same issue I and others have already addressed.

Yes.

And it's not just Jefferson County in Colorado...

It's between 5th and 6th all over the Country.

I only have Access to Jeffco's, so I can only say with Certainty that it is.

peace...

peace...

Alright ill bite

OK, then that's where you stand...

SexEd is Taught though, so the next Question is Equality.

peace...

Then the simple answer is your out of luck.

If you are going to teach equality and sex ed then why not teach the proper way to give blow jobs, have anal sex and how to go down on a woman.

Glendale-River Hills School District Human Growth and Development

Program Goals
The purpose of the Human Growth and Development program is to help students obtain knowledge and develop attitudes and values that will result in behavior that contributes to the well being of the individual, the family, and society. Program goals include the following:

1.) Students will have a basic knowledge of human development.

2.) Students will understand the process for making informed responsible decisions.

3.) Students will have a positive attitude toward human sexual development.

4.) Students will clarify their own value structures as a basis for decision-making.

5.) Students will develop skills in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.

ELEMENTARY FOCUS
In the elementary grades, the curriculum is designed to provide a sense of the importance of family life and the love and concern that give meaning and significance to the facts of sex and reproduction. The program covers parental and sibling relationships, friendships and the importance of feelings of self-worth in each student as well as the relationships among children. As children grow and mature, the teaching of responsibility along with the facts of reproduction becomes important to the well being of the individual and his/her relationships within the family and society. Facts of reproduction in animals and human beings, beginning with the simplest concepts and continuing through more detailed material, are explained. Each year the depth of the concepts is increased beyond the previous year's. Human reproduction is taught within the context of the family. If questions arise which are not part of the regular program, parents and guardians are contacted and the situation may be handled either by the parent or, if the parent desires, by school personnel.

---

Hey del, do you want to shit all over EVERY School District one-by-one, or would you just like to Concede you Ignorance and Blindness Driven by an Irrational Hatred of... Me? :thup:

peace...

Forum List

Back