Sex Change: Physically Impossible, Psychosocially Unhelpful, and Philosophically Misguided

They increase and reduce healthy breast tissue, remove body fat and alter healthy noses. What is the difference here? As long as it is an adult why do you care?
Because sex change isn't possible. Read the OP. Telling the patient it is so you can permanently mangle their urinary tract and render it susceptible to chronic disease, and render the patient permanently sterile, and render the patient sexually numb, for life, is manifest malpractice. Augmenting a breast isn't telling the patient that she will become a man or a kangaroo as a result. See the difference? It's medical deception and wanton mutilation for profit. These MDs belong in jail.
Why does it matter to you?

Because based on the adult (too ill to consent) model, they're doing this to kids. Or hadn't you heard?

They increase and reduce healthy breast tissue, remove body fat and alter healthy noses. What is the difference here? As long as it is an adult why do you care?
Because sex change isn't possible. Read the OP. Telling the patient it is so you can permanently mangle their urinary tract and render it susceptible to chronic disease, and render the patient permanently sterile, and render the patient sexually numb, for life, is manifest malpractice. Augmenting a breast isn't telling the patient that she will become a man or a kangaroo as a result. See the difference? It's medical deception and wanton mutilation for profit. These MDs belong in jail.
Why does it matter to you?

Because based on the adult (too ill to consent) model, they're doing this to kids. Or hadn't you heard?
I oppose it being done to underage kids, can you provide some examples of this?

Also there is no indication that they are to ill to consent, not by any sort of rational evaluation. You can not just walk in and demand sexual reassignment surgery. There are a considerable number of hurdles to overcome first including psychological evaluations.

It is tragic. I can’t imagine living a life in such denial of basic truths of life.

what is tragic is that people like you care about what other people do.

but I guess that's what self-righteous bigots do.

Why wouldn’t I care about what other people do? It’s called being human.

I’m shocked your outraged

So according to the left, a person can basically choose to be whateverthehell they decide, facts be damned.

lol, you leftists are so fucking retarded.

DELAWARE K-12 SCHOOLS: Students May Choose Their Race and Gender, and Keep It Secret From Parents - DANGEROUS

Newsflash, morons.

You CAN NOT choose your sex.

You CAN NOT change your sex.

You CAN NOT choose your race.

You CAN NOT change your race.

You CAN NOT choose your ethnicity.

You CAN NOT change your ethnicity.

And you stupid idiots claim to be the party of science?

bahahaha smdh

Logically since I’m a poor man who identifies as a rich man everyone should give me their money.

Why not let people live their own lives?

What happen to personal freedom? Oh'yess, that no longer matters when it is something you disagree with.

If it isn't guns, bibles or teaching our young men to kill = it is unacceptable to you.

Has anyone advocated denying them the freedom to mutilate themselves if they choose?

You guys really need to learn that just because we have a point of view on a topic doesn’t mean we have any intention to empower government to enforce that viewpoint.

That’s what you guys do

Try again little man.
Nice try with your deflections.
upload_2018-3-8_13-41-17.gif

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Science , once again. Now you want to quote and use science, and again only when it suits you.
images

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH science! But only when it helps their argument.
RIght wing phony hypocrites.

It is criminal that the left exploits these poor, tormented people. Their actions are unforgivable and history will look back on them with disgust.
Sickening. Absolutely sickening. Those hurting the most - suffering from a very real mental illness - are terribly exploited by the left.

Sex Change: Physically Impossible, Psychosocially Unhelpful, and Philosophically Misguided
So he's:

1) Not a pyshcologist
2) not a doctor
3) not a surgeon

So.... fuck him and his ignorant superstitions..?

Do you guys know what science is? Because it’s science that tells us our gender

Conservatives don’t have issues with science

You just don’t know what science is.

Consensus isn’t scisnce

^^ So what you just admitted is that doctors are amputating healthy organs of confused or frustrated people in order to cure rigid social stereotypes EXTERNAL to the patient.

What The Fuck?

Meanwhile these crash test dummies are busy adopting extreme images of stereotypes in the opposite gender. How tragically ironic. And, malpractice. These patients belong on the couch. Not the gurney.
A lot of them have gotten and continue to get years of therapy.

No doubt.

Removing ones genitalia and replacing them with fake ones, whether intentional or not, would likely mess someone up good

Try again little man.
Nice try with your deflections.
View attachment 181281

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Science , once again. Now you want to quote and use science, and again only when it suits you.
images

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH science! But only when it helps their argument.
RIght wing phony hypocrites.

So he's:

1) Not a pyshcologist
2) not a doctor
3) not a surgeon

So.... fuck him and his ignorant superstitions..?

Do you guys know what science is? Because it’s science that tells us our gender

Conservatives don’t have issues with science

You just don’t know what science is.

Consensus isn’t scisnce

You might have a point if I deflected anything.

The issue isn’t that conservatives pick and choose what science to agree with. The issue is you don’t know what science is

What if a trans-gendered person does not decide to alter their body, but simply to live, dress, and act as a member of the other sex? Should this person be forced or bullied or assaulted into acting as a member of his/her birth sex?

Somehow, I can't imagine a biological male, dressed in female clothing, being left alone without bother in a public restroom. Usually, female people do not bully like this (in college I used to go to a predominantly "gay" dance club in D.C., and we "real girls" didn't do anything to the "girls for the evening" who joined us in the loo, and who usually looked better than we did). But I strongly suspect that the people upset that some transgender folks choose to alter their bodies would bully and assault these same folks if they didn't.

Didn't you just get done saying this was personal and only involved the trans person? And now all of a sudden it's MY problem and I'm supposed to take up the slack for HIS decision? I think not.

What I said was that matters of sexual identity, surgery, anything to do with the body, such be left up to the individual, and that there is a strong likelihood that forcing transgendered people to use restrooms according to their birth gender would lead to bullying and assault due to the amount of insane bullies and hoodlums who seem to think that they are somehow entitled to be "enforcers" of some social code.

I read what you said just fine. Please don't flatter yourself that the only reason I don't immediately applaud your brilliance is because you're just too deep and nuanced for me to fully grasp your meaning.

I have no problem with leaving decisions about surgical changes MOSTLY up to the individual, and I say "mostly" because I do think there are times when a person's judgement is impaired and when it would be irresponsible and inhumane for those around them to simply shrug and say, "Whatever, man." When a person is trying to commit suicide, for instance, or if a person is suffering from Body Integrity Identity Disorder.

Back to the topic of "individual decisions", my problem is that you don't want to take that out to the logical and inevitable conclusion: if the decision is "left up to the individual", then why aren't the consequences? Why am I, and every other woman, expected to rearrange MY perceptions and expectations and comfort zone to deal with the fallout of a decision in which we have no part? I realize that you're going to be shocked and outraged and screech about how callous and cruel I am, but I'm okay with that. If it's his/her decision, then the consequences of that decision should ALSO belong to him/her. Why is it so unthinkable in this day and age for people to have to say to themselves, "I really want to do THIS, but THESE are the likely consequences, and do I want it enough to deal with them?" Why is that less sensible than that millions of women be forced - because you leftists so love misusing that word, let me just throw it in here in an entirely appropriate usage - to accept being less safe in order to facilitate the play-pretend of a statistically non-existent group of men?

And do NOT even start in with the intentionally-obtuse blather about "Transgenders are just peeing. They're not dangerous." I am doing you the courtesy of assuming you can understand the concern (given that you've only heard it enunciated approximately 100,000 in the last year), so please do me the courtesy of dropping the pretense of bewilderment and addressing the question head-on. You and I both know that the transgenders themselves are not the threat; no matter how a woman might feel about the issue in the abstract, in practice most have no desire to be the "penis police" and will ignore any apparently-female person who is just quietly going about her business.

There has always been a real danger of predators in any public place where women are vulnerable in any way. One need only look at the statistics on various sex crimes to know this, and under any other circumstances, feminists scream about this from the rooftops. They have no trouble easily grasping the concept that pedophiles try to get jobs in day cares and live in houses close to schools, that rapists, fondlers, and peepers want to work in women's gyms and attend college parties full of drunken coeds, and that flashers hang out in parks and near playgrounds. But suggest that predators MIGHT see the opportunity to get close to their chosen prey through the big, honkin' loophole of "I identify as female, and no one can or will challenge me", and suddenly they come over all bewildered like I'm speaking Hmong or something. It's a big fucking fail for alleged "Champions of Women".

All of us are being asked to think that other people's problems are now OUR problems and that we should take up the slack for them. Look at all the people who claim that they have some sort of "belief" and, for that reason, everyone else must stop what they are doing and take up the slack for THEIR decisions, when they are under no threat of physical aggression and their "beliefs" involve other people as well as themselves.

Why don't you float me an example of "people being asked to take up the slack" for other people's beliefs? Vagueness accomplishes less than nothing, since I don't even remotely operate from the same worldview you do, and I'm highly unlikely, therefore, to automatically leap to the same bigotries and hatreds you are, or in any other way intuit what the hell your analogy is supposed to be.

I want a liberal to tell me why, if gender is only a social construct, does it take hormone injections to change it?

I want them to tell ME why, if gender is only a social construct, we're having "International Women's Day". How and why are we celebrating something that doesn't really exist?

Yeah except one little problem Lysteria. Drs are professionally prohibited from amputating healthy organs & lying to their manifestly mentally ill patients while they do.

Do you realize that mentally delusional adults don't have legal power to consent? Don't worry, lawyers will be explaining that to your cult's "doctors" in the near future.

I doubt this will make you feel better in any conceivable way, but "sex reassignment" doctors don't actually amputate the penis.

I want a liberal to tell me why, if gender is only a social construct, does it take hormone injections to change it?
I'm not sure whether I am a "liberal," since there is no universally-accepted definition of this term, but biological sex and gender are two different things. Biological sex refers to physical organs. Gender refers to expectations of how a person "should" act and dress, or shouldn't. This is made up and somehow becomes absolutely rigid, even though human behavior is not anywhere near this rigid.
Not all transgendered people elect to undergo reassignment surgery, but if it is something they want, since their self-identity is not in alignment with their biological sex, what's it to anyone else? How would any stranger even know?

What's interesting is that those "social construct gender expectations", which leftist-feminists so abhor when applied to biological females, are exactly the same identifiers by which we are told that biological males "know" that they are "really women".

I want them to tell ME why, if gender is only a social construct, we're having "International Women's Day". How and why are we celebrating something that doesn't really exist?

Reality never agrees with liberals, ever.

^^ So what you just admitted is that doctors are amputating healthy organs of confused or frustrated people in order to cure rigid social stereotypes EXTERNAL to the patient.

What The Fuck?

Meanwhile these crash test dummies are busy adopting extreme images of stereotypes in the opposite gender. How tragically ironic. And, malpractice. These patients belong on the couch. Not the gurney.
A lot of them have gotten and continue to get years of therapy.

And as I've already said, how useful is therapy that isn't aimed at reconciliation with reality? If I believe I'm really Elizabeth II, Queen of England, and I get therapy that focuses on the most effective way for me to walk up to the gates of Buckingham Palace and demand to be let in, is that therapy productive, or is it a waste of my time and money?

What if a trans-gendered person does not decide to alter their body, but simply to live, dress, and act as a member of the other sex? Should this person be forced or bullied or assaulted into acting as a member of his/her birth sex?

Somehow, I can't imagine a biological male, dressed in female clothing, being left alone without bother in a public restroom. Usually, female people do not bully like this (in college I used to go to a predominantly "gay" dance club in D.C., and we "real girls" didn't do anything to the "girls for the evening" who joined us in the loo, and who usually looked better than we did). But I strongly suspect that the people upset that some transgender folks choose to alter their bodies would bully and assault these same folks if they didn't.

No one bothers the Drag Queens in N.O. in the Ladies Rooms. Rue Paul is safer with us than in the Men's room IMO. It was never an issue before. Now, I'm supposed to shut up about Bubba with the Duck Dynasty beard in the Girl's showers at the campground or I'm the asshole.

^^ No doubt they need it.
So is this about the law or medicine? I think the law has proven itself to be a different thing from what is right.

Conservatives continue to have the delusion that the law should, at some point, follow morality.

I am a conservative, and I find it indeed very difficult to kick the ass called the law in the direction of morality. Why is it that kicking the law's ass is so easy for everybody except for me / conservatives? I think the law should allow that you cut off as many pieces of yourself as you want, as long as you don't ask for money for it upfront.

No one bothers the Drag Queens in N.O. in the Ladies Rooms. Rue Paul is safer with us than in the Men's room IMO. It was never an issue before. Now, I'm supposed to shut up about Bubba with the Duck Dynasty beard in the Girl's showers at the campground or I'm the asshole.

Well, in complete fairness, you're most likely encountering drag queens in full regalia in whatever venue they're performing in. (Although . . . New Orleans, maybe not.) One can argue that people who go to those places EXPECT to encounter drag queens. One does not generally go shopping at Target expecting full makeup, hairspray, and a sequined evening gown using a urinal. (Although . . . again, New Orleans, so . . .)

Well, in complete fairness, you're most likely encountering drag queens in full regalia in whatever venue they're performing in. (Although . . . New Orleans, maybe not.) One can argue that people who go to those places EXPECT to encounter drag queens. One does not generally go shopping at Target expecting full makeup, hairspray, and a sequined evening gown using a urinal. (Although . . . again, New Orleans, so . . .)

Yes, New Orleans is unique. However, a cross-dresser (male in female attire) in Mississippi or Alabama used the Ladies' Room ten years ago. He might get looked at weird, but nobody was calling security or beating them up. It was a non-issue. Now, it is an issue because it has become all or nothing.

I can tell the person beside me isn't female. We all can. Always could. I can tell the amount of effort he goes to in order to be female. Even in a "rustic" environment (campground), I can tell by eyebrows and length/texture of body hair, if one usually goes through the ordeal but has not for a few days. Men-to-women go with the women. Women-to-men usually go with the women, too. There are too many aggressive jerks in the Men's Room. It has worked fine. Anyone perving on the women and children would get called out and hauled off by cops. The whole thing is a manufactured problem that has created fear on both sides where there was none.

I believe sex and gender mean the same thing. It is just two different words for the same meaning. There are two distinctly separate sexes. There are a rare few births of babies where the sex is hard to determine. The way liberal manipulation of words and speech operates is meant to confuse most people and to empower their "revolution" to change society as they seem to want it to change.

Forum List

Back