Don't say "MENTAL health"

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
Most of you already know this, but I thought that I would share this with those few people (like me) who did not know the following.

When we refer to someone having "mental health problems," that phrase seems to have a pejorative connotation.

Since no one wants to unnecessarily hurt another person's feelings, it is recommended that we say something like: "The Parser seems to be having some brain health issues recently. So let's all be as patient and understanding with him as possible."

Don't care. Mental health problems in the US need to be addressed. There's a difference between a benign brain tumor and being a homicidal psychotic.

There's also a difference between being a homicidal psychotic and a peaceful one.

"Brain health issues" Fuck that PC bullshit way of speaking. No beating around the bush!

I don't care if someone is offended by the truth and plain speaking. I am going to say whatever I want until they want to come and try to take my 1st amendment rights like they are trying to do with our 2nd amendment rights.

I have learned over the years this has nothing to do with "feelings". It is the left wing version of "thoughts and prayers". If you bury it under enough pc there is no problem.

I have learned over the years this has nothing to do with "feelings". It is the left wing version of "thoughts and prayers". If you bury it under enough pc there is no problem.
\

However, there is a problem, and it needs to be addressed in simple terms.

Am I the only one here thinking he's just pulling everybody's leg and laughing at the seriousness of the responses?

Most of you already know this, but I thought that I would share this with those few people (like me) who did not know the following.

When we refer to someone having "mental health problems," that phrase seems to have a pejorative connotation.

Since no one wants to unnecessarily hurt another person's feelings, it is recommended that we say something like: "The Parser seems to be having some brain health issues recently. So let's all be as patient and understanding with him as possible."

That is the dumbest thing I've heard today.

"Brain health" connotes a strictly physiological problem with the brain, eg. a tumor or circulation issue, etc. "Mental health" connotes a problem with the psychological and emotional functioning, which is exactly what we're talking about.

Psychological problems are always going to be viewed as negative. Trying to slap a verbal happy face onto it and consequently fucking up the language so that it's less precise and efficient in its function is ludicrous.

Forum List

Back