Seven malnourished children rescued from squalid Pennsylvania home

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
This is seriously sick. This occurred not all that far from me. How do things like this happen and no one notices for years?

Crystal Robertson took her youngest baby, Boudin, to see the Easter Bunny last month. She bought him a baby chick costume to wear. They took photos and posted the encounter on social media.

The 2-year-old Boudin
stars in his own TikTok account with more than 1,100 followers and nearly 90 videos with hashtags like #spoiled, #localcelebrity, #Mybabyboy, and #GoodBoy.

Among the clips are a January visit with residents of a Quakertown nursing home and a 2022 trip to the Spirit of Halloween store. There are videos of Boudin showing off his Halloween pajamas and bumble bee costume.

Robertson is seen cuddling with him, feeding him snacks of fresh salmon, chicken liver, and steak and showing off a tattoo of his pink footprint over his cursive name on her chest

Boudin is a 4-foot long Argentine Red Tegu lizard.

Meanwhile…in that same home…

Seven children were removed from a home in Pennsylvania and their parents were arrested after police said they discovered them malnourished and living in a home in deplorable condition.

The home was "in obvious disrepair and disarray," the report says. A bicycle lock was on the fridge, which Crystal Robinson said was because they had little food; she referred to the children as "garbage disposals with legs."

Investigators found unsanitary living conditions, including a bad odor, several bugs and two dozen rats in cages, as well as feces on the floor and on a blanket. Many parts of the home appeared not to have been cleaned in a long time, and the bathroom, the kitchen, the floors and the walls needed repair.

All but one of the children were found to be clinically malnourished, two tested positive for Covid-19, two had low kidney function, and three had fevers and were diagnosed with acute viral syndrome, according to the report.

Two of the children needed extensive dental treatment, two needed corrective eye care, and two needed to shave most of their hair off because of severe matting.

It was also discovered that the children had no formal education and that they struggled with reading, writing and spelling, according to the report.

In another article, they stated there were maggots in the children’s matted hair.

This is seriously sick. This occurred not all that far from me. How do things like this happen and no one notices for years?

Crystal Robertson took her youngest baby, Boudin, to see the Easter Bunny last month. She bought him a baby chick costume to wear. They took photos and posted the encounter on social media.

The 2-year-old Boudin
stars in his own TikTok account with more than 1,100 followers and nearly 90 videos with hashtags like #spoiled, #localcelebrity, #Mybabyboy, and #GoodBoy.

Among the clips are a January visit with residents of a Quakertown nursing home and a 2022 trip to the Spirit of Halloween store. There are videos of Boudin showing off his Halloween pajamas and bumble bee costume.

Robertson is seen cuddling with him, feeding him snacks of fresh salmon, chicken liver, and steak and showing off a tattoo of his pink footprint over his cursive name on her chest

Seven children were removed from a home in Pennsylvania and their parents were arrested after police said they discovered them malnourished and living in a home in deplorable condition.

The home was "in obvious disrepair and disarray," the report says. A bicycle lock was on the fridge, which Crystal Robinson said was because they had little food; she referred to the children as "garbage disposals with legs."

Investigators found unsanitary living conditions, including a bad odor, several bugs and two dozen rats in cages, as well as feces on the floor and on a blanket. Many parts of the home appeared not to have been cleaned in a long time, and the bathroom, the kitchen, the floors and the walls needed repair.

All but one of the children were found to be clinically malnourished, two tested positive for Covid-19, two had low kidney function, and three had fevers and were diagnosed with acute viral syndrome, according to the report.

Two of the children needed extensive dental treatment, two needed corrective eye care, and two needed to shave most of their hair off because of severe matting.

It was also discovered that the children had no formal education and that they struggled with reading, writing and spelling, according to the report.

In another article, they stated there were maggots in the children’s matted hair.

Some people are seriously fucked up.

These "parents" an excellent example.

The 2-year-old Boudin

Sad. My first thought was this would be a story of parents addled by drugs, but with no mention in the article, who knows?

“People are afraid in today’s society. People are afraid to get involved because of how volatile people respond to this thing,” Liddle said. “Everybody is a little more cautious and understandably so, but look at the conditions those (Robertson) kids were living in.

We know what is causing this, don't we?

Sad. My first thought was this would be a story of parents addled by drugs, but with no mention in the article, who knows?
It seems like more than drugs but I don't know ...

Nobody in a trailer park noticed neglect, that just dont figure??
That is what I wonder, but pictures of the home looks like there is a bit of land around it.

And the lizard! Treated like a child ....

I'm not so sure, given the recent state of education in America, that not having a so-called ''formal education'' would be anything to Dave about.

Have you seen what kids are learning in school these days? The books in the libraries? The books that ''teachers'' bring into the classroom environment of their own accord and introduce to the childrens?

They aren't ''reading, writing and spelling'' books. Nope. No way, Jośe. Huh uh.

Bad situation, the rest of the story, though. I can relate. Those kids will have an even tougher road ahead, becoming fragmented and shuffled into the system.

I noticed the report didn't say anything about violent abuse, though.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure, given the recent state of education in America, that not having a so-called ''formal education'' would be anything to Dave about.

Have you seen what kids are learning in school these days? The books in the libraries? The books that ''teachers'' bring into the classroom environment of their own accord and introduce to the childrens?

They aren't ''reading, writing and spelling'' books. Nope. No way, Jośe. Huh uh.

Bad situation, the rest of the story, though. I can relate. Those kids will have an even tougher road ahead, becoming fragmented and shuffled into the system.

I noticed the report didn't say anything about violent abuse, though.
I don’t know, it seems more like an extreme neglect but they must have had some way to keep them quiet and out of sight. From the ages of the kids she was popping them out every two years. I agree they will have a rough road ahead. Neglect and emotional and physical starvation leave permanent scars. Do you remember the case with the Turpin? They were similar, but no lizard child and the kids were also home schooled.

I don’t know, it seems more like an extreme neglect but they must have had some way to keep them quiet and out of sight. From the ages of the kids she was popping them out every two years. I agree they will have a rough road ahead. Neglect and emotional and physical starvation leave permanent scars. Do you remember the case with the Turpin? They were similar, but no lizard child and the kids were also home schooled.
Homeschooling can be beneficial, but can also hide what children go through in the home. No truant officer calls on them to ask why the kids aren't at school, so kids may never or rarely be seen, for school term lengths at a time.

Bail should have been much higher, and the “parents” should be in jail. This country has gone way too soft on crime, and this example is one of them.

While disturbing, this is not an unusual event.

~S~

Forum List

Back