Service Workers at America’s Biggest Companies, like Dunkin’ Donuts, Burger King, & Dollar General, Still Don’t Make $15 an Hour, CEO Pay skyrocketing

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Thousands of workers in food service, hospitality and retail are still making below $15 an hour, including the majority of workers at big-box stores and discount retailers.

Thousands of workers in food service, hospitality and retail are still making below $15 an hour, including the majority of workers at big-box stores and discount retailers.

they can always better themselves and look for higher paying jobs,,

Being a CEO is a lot more complex and demanding job than flipping burgers at BK or stocking shelves at DG.

And thus, it commands a lot higher salary.

1650466925287.png

I'm sure the shift managers at a lot of those type of establishments who are only drawing a dollar or two more than the help don't feel that way.

*****SMILE*****

:)

When you pay 15 an hour you will lose the entire business or gurantee you will lose multiple jobs.
The companies can nOT afford to pay out this money and the taxes are going to kill US businesses.

AGAIN , WE ARE LOSING OUR NATION THE VERY FABRIC OF MOM AND POP STORES GONE— for big corporations like all those pretty names you know who take over your fkn life but your too gawd dam stupid to see the forest through the trees.

got any proof of that??

1650467328544.png

Want to talk to some of my nephews and nieces who work shift manager jobs?

Then they get told that by the store owner/franchise owner that they have to hire the owners children but if the children don't want to do a job they don't have to and of course the store/franchise owner doesn't feel obligated to be there at any time to do inventory or help out either.

Then the store/franchise owner gets all pissed off when their shift manager tells them...

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 633502

Want to talk to some of my nephews and nieces who work shift manager jobs?

Then they get told that by the store owner/franchise owner that they have to hire the owners children but if the children don't want to do a job they don't have to and of course the store/franchise owner doesn't feel obligated to be there at any time to do inventory or help out either.

Then the store/franchise owner gets all pissed off when their shift manager tells them...

*****SMILE*****

so you have no proof,,
its OK I knew you didnt,,

That's because they work at Dunkin donuts, dollar general and McDonald's.

Yes they are jobs. But they are jobs a 16 year old can work at with 0 experience, knowledge, insight, education or even ambition. They are unskilled jobs even a highschool student can do.

Want to make more money? Then pay your dues working a job and showing ambition, learn more, do more and even if the job doesn't promote you then you can carry those skills over to a new job that will pay more.

Getting money at a job is like climbing a ladder for 90% of the population. No one is going to carry you up the ladder, you have to climb it yourself.

I started a hotel making 13 bucks an hour 10 years ago as a maintenance man. My boss taught me motors, pump, refrigeration, electricity, how to manage contractors, pool chemistry and more. Now I am a building engineer making 3x as much money with another company because they liked my resume and more importantly I knew what I was saying to them and they like me enough they are sending me to a amonia refrigeratoration school 6 states away and paying the 12000 dollar fee for the school.

Unskilled labor does not deserve skilled labor wages. Want more money? Then fucking earn it. Until then if you want to earn 20 bucks an hour dropping french fries at McDonalds then you're shit out of luck.

Well, there is always The Army. The pay isn't anything to write home about in the beginning and yes, the Generals make a lot more. But, the training is interesting, sometimes you get to travel and sometimes you get to blow crap up.
1650468142007.png

When you pay 15 an hour you will lose the entire business or gurantee you will lose multiple jobs.
The companies can nOT afford to pay out this money and the taxes are going to kill US businesses.

I am 100% against an artificial minimum wage at any level besides maybe at the city/town level.

That said, the idea that these companies cannot pay 15 an hour is a joke. If the local mom and pop ice cream shop can pay above 15 an hour and thrive then so can these larger companies.

Well, there is always The Army. The pay isn't anything to write home about in the beginning and yes, the Generals make a lot more. But, the training is interesting, sometimes you get to travel and sometimes you get to blow crap up.
View attachment 633509

plus free housing, free food, free medical and dental

Forum List

Back