Serious Question For the Conservatives Here Who Voted For Donald

Something I never saw much of over the past year was discussion about Trump's blatant admissions of affairs with married women. I find this interesting, and it makes me wonder -- is adultery a conservative value?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here's Trump admitting to affairs in his book, The Art of the Comeback:

"If I told the real stories of my experiences with women, often seemingly very happily married and important women, this book would be a guaranteed best-seller."
He also said:

"I have too much respect for women in general, but if I did [write about my love life], the world would take serious notice. Beautiful, famous, successful, married — I've had them all, secretly, the world's biggest names..."
We also know that Donald began a sexual relationship with his second wife, Marla Maples, while he was still married to his first wife, Ivanka, in the months after she said he raped her.

We also know that Christian evangelists report being "very excited" about Trump's win.

Is this because adultery, affairs and sex outside of marriage are conservative values?

You should have learned this by now, the majority of those that consider themselves religious, are only religious when it is convenient to them. If another religious person is hiring? They are religious. If another religious person is a buyer and they are a seller? They are religious. If the person they favor running for President is a liar, adulterous, person who makes fun of handicap people and talks about sexual assault? They aren't religious as long as that person is a person within their political party.

You might be shocked but a lot of us conservatives aren't deeply religious.

Well it goes both ways... that's why I said "their political party" and not just Republicans. However the OP is asking why Conservatives are giving Trump a pass on being adulterous, when it is a basic Conservative value to be religious.
Your fake news tell you this?

Something I never saw much of over the past year was discussion about Trump's blatant admissions of affairs with married women. I find this interesting, and it makes me wonder -- is adultery a conservative value?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here's Trump admitting to affairs in his book, The Art of the Comeback:

"If I told the real stories of my experiences with women, often seemingly very happily married and important women, this book would be a guaranteed best-seller."
He also said:

"I have too much respect for women in general, but if I did [write about my love life], the world would take serious notice. Beautiful, famous, successful, married — I've had them all, secretly, the world's biggest names..."
We also know that Donald began a sexual relationship with his second wife, Marla Maples, while he was still married to his first wife, Ivanka, in the months after she said he raped her.

We also know that Christian evangelists report being "very excited" about Trump's win.

Is this because adultery, affairs and sex outside of marriage are conservative values?

You should have learned this by now, the majority of those that consider themselves religious, are only religious when it is convenient to them. If another religious person is hiring? They are religious. If another religious person is a buyer and they are a seller? They are religious. If the person they favor running for President is a liar, adulterous, person who makes fun of handicap people and talks about sexual assault? They aren't religious as long as that person is a person within their political party.

Well it goes both ways... that's why I said "their political party" and not just Republicans. However the OP is asking why Conservatives are giving Trump a pass on being adulterous, when it is a basic Conservative value to be religious.

I know a lot of conservatives who only step foot in a church for weddings. Me being one of them.

Again -- is adultery a conservative value?

Who's going to come out of their safe space and actually answer the question?

Adultery is not a conservative value.

But that doesn't mean that just because we vote for him, that we endorse or espouse the same values.

You are defining us by the actions and rhetoric of the one man we voted for.

How is that honest?

Last edited:

He also said:

Your fake news tell you this?

You can't be serious...

Lol! I love the people that start out saying they have a "serious questions" you know it is going to be a real stupid question. Thanks for the laughs.

Translation: Shit, he got me. I have no argument, so I'm just gonna pretend that I find the thread amusing....then scurry off to my safe space.

No you didn't dumb shit, I didn't vote for Trump. And it is a pretty funny thread. Thanks for the laugh.

He also said:

No it's not. A lot of us dont go to church we just know hypocrisy when we see it.
And I'm seeing it right now.

Have you quit beating your cat?

Trump admitted to trying to cheat and you think saying he cheats is some smear campaign started by who? Donald Trump?

Hes his own Deep throat! Lol..we have him on tape admitting it and it's everyone else's fault for hearing it huh? Lol

It's not.

But that doesn't mean that just because we vote for him, that we endorse or espouse the same values.

How is that honest?

So you admit it. Your values only matter when it's convenient. Gotcha.

He also said:

No it's not. A lot of us dont go to church we just know hypocrisy when we see it.
AndI'm seeing it right now.

And what's that hypocrisy?

He also said:

Liberals claiming moral superiority.

This thread proves something very critical. Once again for Conservatives, it is only convenient to say they are religious when it is positive... and all of a sudden when it is a negative to admit that Conservatism has strong religious values, all the "non-religious" conservatives come out of the closet.

A better question is why the alleged "caring" liberals have such an uneducated knee jerk opinion of what conservative Americans believe. For decades Americans have been coached by liberal politicians and the liberal media and even threatened by at least one democrat A.G. to be tolerant of the Muslem religion under penalty of law but Christians seem to be the freaking enemy of democrat administrations. The problem for the radical left is that they have been taught to underestimate the intellectual ability of evangelical Christians. Conservatives understand the political culture better than the low information democrat base that mostly relies on "fake" blog sites for opinion. The fact is that conservatives and evangelical Christians realized that Hillary was not an option and establishment republicans needed a kick in the ass. So far it seems that Conservatives have made the right decision.

Liberals claiming moral superiority.

I'm not a liberal, and this thread isn't about moral superiority. It's about the hypocrisy of saying you have morals and then ignoring it for political reasons.

Forgiveness is a Christian value. Especially since he's behaving himself at the moment...

Y'all didn't give a shit about Slick Willie's shenanigans while he was President, hell, most of my friends on the left and in the media have always pushed the narrative that we were creating a national incident over a blowjob.

Y'all didn't care that he lied about it.

Y'all didn't care about Obama's lies, nor did you care about Mrs Clinton's lies and malfeasance.

So no, I ain't fixin to get worked up over something my guy bragged about doing 20 - 40 years ago.

Serious answer.

Lol! I love the people that start out saying they have a "serious questions" you know it is going to be a real stupid question. Thanks for the laughs.

Translation: Shit, he got me. I have no argument, so I'm just gonna pretend that I find the thread amusing....then scurry off to my safe space.
The reality is that I believe that having an affair with a married person, or unmarried person if you are married to someone else is wrong, it is not acceptable as far as the Bible goes if one wishes to adhere to the Bible 100%. Anyone that claims they are even close to being compliant with all the rules in the Bible is a damn liar, which is also a sin.
The thing about this is that although I dont condone this, and I personally would never insult and hurt my wife by having sex with someone else, Its not my place to Judge or punish someone else for their Biblical transgressions. That job belongs to God, And as hard as it might be to believe, I am not God. or perfect by any means.
If the sex is consentual, then that is between the parties involved, I tend not to take this into consideration when I choose the candidate that I am going to vote for. For all I care, as long as Trump gets the wall at least started, he can line up as many women to bang on top of that wall as he wishes. Same with the Bill Clinton BS with the impeachment over Monica. I didnt care that he got a blow job from her, but I did care that he flat out lied about it under oath.
The affairs are not in line with Christian values, but then if you think about it, no candidate, and no voter lives their lives to perfection in Gods eyes.
Now my big question this, why is it that the left, or many of those on the left, are constantly trying to find Biblical reasons for Conservatives not to vote for a specific candidate?

It's not.

How is that honest?

So you admit it. Your values only matter when it's convenient. Gotcha.

That's in fact not what I said. I said adultery IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE VALUE.

Question: Is adultery a conservative value?

My answer: It's not.

Last edited:

He also said:

Enforcing morals on one person, namely Donald Trump, but refusing to enforce those morals on someone like Bill Clinton, who was caught having an extramarital affair with Monica Lewinsky.

That hypocrisy.

Absolutely. So it may be that the real conservative "value" is to only adopt morals whenever it suits them. What may serve them on Sunday, may not serve them on Monday night, when they're in bed with their neighbors wife.

Obviously it takes a mental midget like yourself to imply all conservatives act the same way. Are you speaking from personal experience?

Forum List

Back