? Serious Conspiracy Theorist Question ?

From both tests, my left brain is dominant. I doubt that surprises many.

It means you're in the perfect field.

I'm kind of in the middle so I could be decent at both but prefer creativity.

It also means that I tend to be less organized and less rigid.
Yes, I am - content, too. But, those damn questions about messy desks mess with my score. ;)

Funny thing is, some don't realize that there is quite the necessity for some creativity in fields such as mine as well still while having a left dominance. So, I can live with 55-left/45-right.

As others have said, neither way is wrong, no matter how some may want it to be.

Your job demands that you have a structured plan and that you pay great attention to detail.

I'm kind of a free spirit with direction but not enough to do your job. I barely passed Chemistry 101.

I also have a vivid imagination and have creativity but not enough to get rich doing it. Kind of hard for me to write a book when I would rather be doing other things.

Immediately. :lol:

Funny thing is that it often took me quite a while to find the image in those goofy dot image thingies.
I missed the second part of your comment. Are you talking about those different colored numbers in a dot image? They use those for testing levels of color blindness (common in men), if I am thinking of the same thing you are.

Ah, found one.

eightcolorblind.jpg
No. That's a colorblindness test. I've taken several of those for FAA physicals.

I was talking about these ones:

wf_magic_eye_3d_small.jpg
Ohhhhh! The Magic Eye stuff! Love those things. As I have to view stereo views of macromolecules from time to time, I am used to focusing my eyes oddly to see them. (When fatigued, there are goggles to use).

If you focus your eyes the same way as you would to see the Magic Eye stuff, this will be in 3D (it's an HIV enzyme). Cool stuff.

It's just training the muscles in your eyes to focus a certain way.

HIV-Iprotease.jpg

(Just look in the center of the pic - between the two images - as if you are looking far away. The two images from the side will appear to move together to overlap to form a third, 3D image in the center. When you've got it, you'll have three total images in three separate boxes - the two original 2D images in your peripheral vision on either side of the new 3D image in the center box.)

Last edited:
[So far]

Avoidance syndrome - can we add that to the list of symptoms of conspiracy leaning people? Seems so as if you believe something is in the background controlling things then you must avoid all contrary information.

I may need to simplify my assumption, but the argument stands that many today see conspiracies where there is none. Watch Beck for even a few minutes some evening, and consider the large audience who accept this sort of thinking.

Why do people believe in conspiracy theories? : denialism blog

"This is again a mistake. It's the conflation of a criminal conspiracy with a conspiracy theory. They are different. There is no doubt people conspire to break the law. The difference between the Iran Contra conspiracy and say, no-plane 9/11 conspiracies lies in the fact that there is actual real verifiable evidence of the former."

[So far]

Avoidance syndrome - can we add that to the list of symptoms of conspiracy leaning people? Seems so as if you believe something is in the background controlling things then you must avoid all contrary information.

I may need to simplify my assumption, but the argument stands that many today see conspiracies where there is none. Watch Beck for even a few minutes some evening, and consider the large audience who accept this sort of thinking.

Why do people believe in conspiracy theories? : denialism blog

"This is again a mistake. It's the conflation of a criminal conspiracy with a conspiracy theory. They are different. There is no doubt people conspire to break the law. The difference between the Iran Contra conspiracy and say, no-plane 9/11 conspiracies lies in the fact that there is actual real verifiable evidence of the former."

really you have evidence that wtc 7 fell from building fires ? really ? and whats that...a popular mechanics article ? you are the one in denial with your theories buddy
so hows the hunt for bin laden going ?

Immediately. :lol:

Funny thing is that it often took me quite a while to find the image in those goofy dot image thingies.
I missed the second part of your comment. Are you talking about those different colored numbers in a dot image? They use those for testing levels of color blindness (common in men), if I am thinking of the same thing you are.

Ah, found one.

eightcolorblind.jpg
No. That's a colorblindness test. I've taken several of those for FAA physicals.

Like looking at a fucken brick wall.

Exciting stuff.[he says while looking for another glass of rum]

really you have evidence that wtc 7 fell from building fires ? really ? and whats that...a popular mechanics article ? you are the one in denial with your theories buddy
so hows the hunt for bin laden going ?

The thing is I have no theories, I know what happened that day. The fact you think it is a conspiracy is the part that interests me. 911 is the extreme and too easy, but that some big C is behind the normal course of events in life is quite common. WTC7 is debunked below, any other ideas? (7.8MB)

Latest Findings from NIST World Trade Center Investigation Released (April 5, 2005)

Why Did the World Trade Center Collapse? Science, Engineering, and Speculation

lots here.

Journal Of Debunking* 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

See
Peer-Reviewed Papers:
World Trade Center Building 7 and the Lies of the 9/11 “Truth Movement”
Mark Roberts

Ah, found one.

eightcolorblind.jpg

Like looking at a fucken brick wall.

Exciting stuff.[he says while looking for another glass of rum]
More rum, and your eye focus may be just right to see something other than the wall. ;)

Left Brain 48%
Right Brain 52%

Your Left Brain Percentages
35% Sequential (Your most dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages
48% Holistic (Your most dominant characteristic) ....

Xsited1, thanks for input, glad to see someone speak up. I found your scores interesting as you tend (by your posts) to be conservative but with a sense of humor. I wish more would take it and share honestly.

I tend the other direction: Left Brain 44% Right Brain 56%. And one thing that surprised me was my "Left Brain Percentages 60% Reality-based (Your most dominant characteristic). Weirdly I am very much a naturalist, a bright, so the 60% in the left hemisphere fit me like a glove.

I'm conservative on some issues, but profoundly liberal on others. As far as conspiracy theories go, it depends on the theory. If there is evidence to support the theory, I'll keep an open mind.

repost

I wonder sometimes if conspiratorial thinkers do not experience some form of anosognosia particularly since most believe a variety of conspiracies. If a person believes in the tooth fairy no amount of argument will change their mind, in the end it may be that conspiracy thinkers need to be conspiracy thinkers, it serves some deep psychological and mind requirement.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1RPkp7rdnw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0R0OCurkLM[/ame]

Last edited:
well our left brain/ right brain/conspiracy theory connection is about as baseless as the tooth fairy ..so what does that say ?

Was it? Why.

I notice in any tread that asks serious questions that relate to the self that the thread often dies. The 911 threads on USMB contain sufficient information to counter any conspiracy and yet they go on and on. Asking why, would seem to be the reasonable next question, but the conspiracy thinkers don't weigh the contradictory information they ignore it. Why?

So I'll give my hypothesis: Because that is how they think. They need life to have some controlling factor, a more pertinent meaning. I wonder then if any are atheists? I would imagine some or possibly many believe in an alien start of life on earth as well. One could come up with all sorts of natural selection reasons for this type of thinking given our long evolutionary past but I was thinking of the fact that if you believe in conspiracy then reasons exist that comfort you. If you believe or think instead that some crazies murdered all these people then your groundings are set astray and life loses its comfort. Randomness has a depressive quality. Life is all shades of gray but most don't want it to be that way.

Last edited:
well our left brain/ right brain/conspiracy theory connection is about as baseless as the tooth fairy ..so what does that say ?

Was it? Why.

I notice in any tread that asks serious questions that relate to the self that the thread often dies. The 911 threads on USMB contain sufficient information to counter any conspiracy and yet they go on and on. Asking why, would seem to be the reasonable next question, but the conspiracy thinkers don't weigh the contradictory information they ignore it. Why?

So I'll give my hypothesis: Because that is how they think. They need life to have some controlling factor, a more pertinent meaning. I wonder then if any are atheists? I would imagine some or possibly many believe in an alien start of life on earth as well. One could come up with all sorts of natural selection reasons for this type of thinking given our long evolutionary past but I was thinking of the fact that if you believe in conspiracy then reasons exist that comfort you. If you believe or think instead that some crazies murdered all these people then your groundings are set astray and life loses its comfort. Randomness has a depressive quality. Life is all shades of gray but most don't want it to be that way.

well for one the 9/11 commission report has been denounced by the senior council for the 9/11 commission and the majority of its members as a failure and a cover up ...and the lead investigator at NIST until 20007 has also called for a reinvestigation citing the governments lack of cooperation and attempts to deter fact finding and popular mechanics is a joke not worth responding to,,,so if the lead investigator at NIST calls for a new investigation and the 9/11 commission calls for a new investigation how can you claim you know what happened ? ..you are indeed the one in denial of the evidence and to regulate the grievous concerns of the 9/11 commission and the lead investigator of NIST..to belief in toothfairys ..is clear evidence of how little you actually know about the subject you are speaking and I have no question that you have not even read the nist report or the NIST report and are not even clear on what the whole official story that you defend is

Last edited:
...is clear evidence of how little you actually know about the subject you are speaking and I have no question that you have not even read the nist report or the NIST report and are not even clear on what the whole official story that you defend is

I've read enough of the conspiracy theorists to know they make no real argument. But you miss my point as you consider 911 conspiracy, and I want to know why, not how. Anyway that was the point of the thread, I'm old enough to have seen this sort of thinking too often. The debunkers below destroy the arguments but it continues, it even serves some odd need for both sides. I was more interested in the psychology of beliefs without proofs.

NIST WTC 7 Investigation Finds Building Fires Caused Collapse, 08/21/08

NIST and the World Trade Center

Journal Of Debunking  9/11 Conspiracy Theories

A goal of the right since the Reagan years has been to discredit the media so no one would take them seriously when they reveal govt corruption.

...is clear evidence of how little you actually know about the subject you are speaking and I have no question that you have not even read the nist report or the NIST report and are not even clear on what the whole official story that you defend is

I've read enough of the conspiracy theorists to know they make no real argument. But you miss my point as you consider 911 conspiracy, and I want to know why, not how. Anyway that was the point of the thread, I'm old enough to have seen this sort of thinking too often. The debunkers below destroy the arguments but it continues, it even serves some odd need for both sides. I was more interested in the psychology of beliefs without proofs.

NIST WTC 7 Investigation Finds Building Fires Caused Collapse, 08/21/08

NIST and the World Trade Center

James Quintiere, Ph.D., former Chief of the Fire Science Division of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), has called for an independent review of NIST’s investigation into the collapses of the World Trade Center Towers on 9/11.

Dr. Quintiere, one of the world’s leading fire science researchers and safety engineers, also encouraged his audience of fellow researchers and engineers to scientifically re-examine the WTC collapses. “I hope to convince you to perhaps become 'Conspiracy Theorists', but in a proper way,”
OpEdNews - Article: Former Chief of NIST's Fire Science Division Calls for Independent Review of World Trade Center Investigation

The 9/11 Commission Rejects own Report as Based on Government Lies

Gordon Duff Salem-News.com

How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

(CINCINNATI, Ohio) - In John Farmers book:The Ground Truth: The Story Behind Americas Defense on 9/11, the author builds the inescapably convincing case that the official version... is almost entirely untrue...

The 9/11 Commission now tells us that the official version of 9/11 was based on false testimony and documents and is almost entirely untrue. The details of this massive cover-up are carefully outlined in a book by John Farmer, who was the Senior Counsel for the 9/11 Commission.

Farmer, Dean of Rutger Universities' School of Law and former Attorney General of New Jersey, was responsible for drafting the original flawed 9/11 report.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/content/911-commission-rejects-own-report-based-government-lies-2

9/11 survivors call for renewed probe as 8th anniversary approaches

The eighth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks is a month away and some survivors of those lost believe it's a good time to renew an investigation into the events of that disastrous day. New York City disagrees.

"We know we never have learned the truth, it's as simple as that,'' says Lorie Van Auken of East Brunswick, one of the most ardent supporters of the creation of the 9/11 commission in 2002. It was headed by former New Jersey governor Thomas H. Kean.

"Members and staff of the 9/11 commission have said many of the questions raised by the attacks have never been answered.''

http://blog.nj.com/njv_bob_braun/2009/08/911_survivors_call_for_renewed.html

well perhaps you should look at the psychology of your denial instead

Last edited:
why do you all think or is it feel this way? 911 is the extreme,

When I read these views each day, I wonder sometimes if it is not our minds that cause these differences. So why, what makes you believe in the more conspiratorial - any theories - and are you left or right brained? Comments?

There is solid reason to be concerned.

WHY has the US government refused to approve the budget for the official investigation into the intelligence failures which led to the attacks on September 11th?

The Insider - Bush blocks 9/11 official investigation
This is the latest in "a long line of efforts" by the Bush administration to undermine the official investigation into the attacks on September 11th. Senior officials on the 9/11 Commission are openly suspicious that this extremely important investigation is being blocked intentionally by the White House. [1]

The US government effectively created Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda terrorist network when they supported his organisation in the Afghan resistance during the Cold War.

White House Hindering 9/11 Probe
In this regard, the independent commission investigating 9/11 has smoked out the Bush administration as nothing has since George W. came into office pledging to return integrity to the White House. From the beginning of the commission's work, the White House has thrown in its way one roadblock after another regarding funding, duration and its access to people and documents.

There are many disturbing things said lately by foreign leaders about the U.S. 9/11.

Japan is recently had political leaders in their Parliment demanding an investigation into the "real suspects" for 9/11 and the deaths of the Japanese Nationals that died for the crimes of 9/11.

The U.S. is starting to look very bad in the eyes of many foreign leaders on this.

WHY has the US government refused to approve the budget for the official investigation into the intelligence failures which led to the attacks on September 11th?

Because it would make a lot of people look bad - and consider that this nation cannot even get healthcare passed and you start to understand why so many are becoming independents today.

It would also cost money; ask yourself why we are not investigating the first world trade center attack? Wasn't that too a failure of intelligence, as was the Beirut bombing and other assorted terrorist attacks. If an attack is successful the goal then should be prevention.

Has anyone here every met a paranoid schizophrenic? I've met a few and they too see conspiracies everywhere, their C are usually about them though. Found this stuff last evening, the final piece outlines an approach to reality.

Paranoia, 9/11, and the roots of conspiracy theories | Psychology Today

Why are conspiracy theories so popular? - Campus Watch

Who Rules America: Conspiracy Theories

Why bother addressing conspiracy theories?

This constitutes a test of realities. Excellent. Watch ad too if you have time.

David Deutsch: A new way to explain explanation | Video on TED.com

Last edited:
I post official documents of the government investigations of 9/11 of scientist and physicist and you post the propaganda and opinion of a quasi scientific psychologist ..lol...so lets just take the first few paragraphs and examine its premise and validity

A friend of mine recently convinced me to watch "Loose Change", a documentary about the alleged conspiracy and cover-up of the 9/11 terrorist attacks by the U.S. government. I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories, and I knew little of the specific theories surrounding 9/11, but I watched the film with the

so in the first sentence he introduces the loose change straw man...then he uses the Word fan...as in fanatic..and instead of calling it an investigation ..in is referred to as conspiracy theory..and shows by his muster an open mind line his prejudice and bias

I found the film to be very engaging, and though I didn't buy the film's conspiracy and cover-up hypotheses, it did make me question whether something important was being kept secret. Seeing the conspiracy theories laid out so confidently and so sensationalistically also helped me to understand why one-third to one-half of Americans believe that our government either was somehow involved in the attacks or covered up information about them

so he watched a film..didn't buy it but does not refute any of the evidence..then admits to wondering if secrets are kept..but then labels the film sensational and uses that as opposed to the evidence presented as his presumed reason for a third of people polled sharing the opinion ..with no Idea if any of these people were influenced by this film or even heard of it...

This is not to say that conspiracies never happen, or that I'm immune from engaging in my own conspiracy-like thinking sometimes. It just means that one of my own biases is to doubt these sorts of theories.

Rather than speculating about the existence of specific conspiracies, I find a far more intriguing topic to be the psychology behind conspiracy thinking. Fortunately, an excellent book called Empire of Conspiracy by Tim Melley explores this issue.

and now he admits the existence of conspiracies...makes a wild assumption that only he or those that share his opinion are the only ones that approach this subject with scepticism when they investigate
then ..discounts the pursuit all together in favour of his own personal opinions and bias based on almost pure editorial opinion..and then tries to promote a book

Melley seeks to explain why conspiracy theories and paranoia have become so pervasive in American culture in recent decades. He discusses some of the paranoia behind our obsessions with political assassinations, gender and race relations, stalkers, mind control, bureaucracies, and the power of corporations and governments.

then immediately evokes the word paranoia and obsession toward those that seek answers and investigate such critical events as political assassination..bureaucracies the power of government and corporations and mind control(propaganda0..and then lumps it in with...gender race..and..stalking ???

.Melley proposes that conspiracy thinking arises from a combination of two factors, when someone: 1) holds strong individualist values and 2) lacks a sense of control. The first attribute refers to people who care deeply about an individual's right to make their own choices and direct their own lives without interference or obligations to a larger system (like the government). But combine this with a sense of powerlessness in one's own life, and you get what Melley calls agency panic, "intense anxiety about an apparent loss of autonomy" to outside forces or regulators.

now he has lumped all of those that question 9/11 into a type ..that lacks control..feels powerless
suffers anxiety..without any regard for the people of vast accomplishment and esteemed distinguished service in the military and in government research that believe the 9/11 was a false flag operation
Patriots Question 9/11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report

at best its a real crappy book report by a uninformed egotist at worst its part of propaganda and disinformation program

Last edited:
The conspiratorial mind still fascinates me. I have been reading a great deal on the mind/brain and obviously some propensity exists in the mind of the conspiracy theorists (CT) and followers. I am still curious if CT test right or left brained? I tend to the right on all tests but not strongly so. I'm still with Ben Franklin on this issue. Take the tests, see if the three are similar, only takes a few minutes. Can't hurt.

Panel, right top. Personality Tests

This is a book for CT.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Conspiracies-Secret-Societies-Brad-Steiger/dp/1578591740/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b]Amazon.com: Conspiracies and Secret Societies (9781578591749): Brad Steiger, Sherry Steiger: Books[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back