? Serious Conspiracy Theorist Question ?

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
How is it that the same thing can mean different things. How is it that I filter information and see positive things and others negative or vice versa. We were recently at a dinner party and one person gave the usual interpretation of anything they found offensive as a purposeful but hidden plan of government. There was no other explanation for any negative event in the spokesman's mind. Many agreed, other kept quiet.

Why is that? In polite company you often have to grid your teeth and mind, nod, and scream later when far away from people. This leads me to a few questions:

Whether it is 911 conspiracy or the Glenn Beck sort or the Sarah Palin kind or the usual USMB type, why do you all think or is it feel this way? 911 is the extreme, the media is out to get me is the minor, the government has plans to change the nation is another and very common.

When I read these views each day, I wonder sometimes if it is not our minds that cause these differences. So why, what makes you believe in the more conspiratorial - any theories - and are you left or right brained? Comments?

Right Brain vs Left Brain Creativity Test at The Art Institute of Vancouver

Hemispheric Dominance Test determine if your left or right brain hemisphere is dominant
Left Right  Hemisphere Brain Processing

PS I tend to the ....

How is it that the same thing can mean different things. How is it that I filter information and see positive things and others negative or vice versa. We were recently at a dinner party and one person gave the usual interpretation of anything they found offensive as a purposeful but hidden plan of government. There was no other explanation for any negative event in the spokesman's mind. Many agreed, other kept quiet.

Why is that? In polite company you often have to grid your teeth and mind, nod, and scream later when far away from people. This leads me to a few questions:

Whether it is 911 conspiracy or the Glenn Beck sort or the Sarah Palin kind or the usual USMB type, why do you all think or is it feel this way? 911 is the extreme, the media is out to get me is the minor, the government has plans to change the nation is another and very common.

When I read these views each day, I wonder sometimes if it is not our minds that cause these differences. So why, what makes you believe in the more conspiratorial - any theories - and are you left or right brained? Comments?

Hemispheric Dominance Test determine if your left or right brain hemisphere is dominant
Left Right* Hemisphere Brain Processing

PS I tend to the ....

The reason you feel that way is because the current administration needs you to feel that nothing that is put out there is real.

Too many lies to be able to find the truth.

Can't tell you for sure how to think, but I would like you to use some common-sense.

it is a fact that major mass media is controlled by a small liked minded group of individuals intimately connected with corporate elite and government and these forces have an unwarranted influence ..that they are corrupt and create and exploit world events as political tools as well as using the illusion of left and right to distract ..divide and conquer...thats just the way it is

Conspiracy theories are appealing because it removes individual responsibility for something one does not enjoy. Examples;
"I'm poor, but it cannot be helped because the Bankers control all the money."
"We outfought our enemies but were betrayed at Versailles by the Jews."
etc.

Because history is filled with conspiracies; the Continental Congress conspired to revolt against England, al Quaeda conspired to destroy the WTC, there were several conspiracies to assassinate Hitler, etc. the conspiracy believer can always find grist for his mill.

Are their conspiracies right now?
Almost certainly. The world has 6 billion people, so inevitably someone must be plotting with their co-conspirators to perpetrate something we would consider an outrage.

How does one test if a particular theory is correct?
This is the tough question. Anything in the remote past (the sinking of the Maine) is difficult to analyze and the reasonable person should let such issues drop. If it is the recent past and you can obtain good data, then you can try to sift the data for evidence. Do a good job and you can find the Da Vinci code; by which I mean a good basis for a popular book. Do a bad job and you get bad results.
Begin with partial data and nothing can be done to avoid conspiratorial conclusions.
Unless of course my entire post is part of a vast conspiracy to conceal the truth, that in fact we have time travel and I was sent back to join this forum in order disrupt this thread from revealing said truth. Of course I have to wait until I catch up with my own time before I can report in on my success.

Interesting test. What were you saying about conspiracy theories???? :eusa_angel:

Left Brain 48%
Right Brain 52%

Your Left Brain Percentages

35% Sequential (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Symbolic
34% Logical
32% Linear
20% Verbal
20% Reality-based (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages

48% Holistic (Your most dominant characteristic)
46% Concrete
29% Intuitive
29% Fantasy-oriented
28% Random
19% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

WOW! Two replies and both exhibit the exact quality I am looking for an explanation of? I don't want to give my thoughts yet but are you two Right or Left brained?

I'm 50% left and 51% right.

What does that tell you other then I'm level-headed.
That you can't add :doubt:

No, I'm just relating the official score.

But what it tells me is you're an asshole.

Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain Right Brain
50% 51%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

PS I tend to the ....
[Emphasis added] When one makes hasty generalizations, they lose me. I find it difficult to follow nonsense, though - one of the reasons I disagree with so much that this administration is doing and so many of the blind supporters of it.

How is it that the same thing can mean different things. How is it that I filter information and see positive things and others negative or vice versa. <SNIP>

PS I tend to the ....
I don't read them at all. I can easily find people in my orbit who believe these things and I try to convince them that to hold conspiratorial ideas is a weakness they need to overcome. The simplest explanation is more likely to be the correct one; Occams Razor applied. I try to appeal to their pride through their logical sense.

Once a long time ago a barber friend (I was a teenager, he middle 30s) began to see messages in the daily cartoon section. He began to apply overlays to the text and got conspiratorial messages. His business was going away, leaving him too much time for contemplation, and he was looking for the cause of his situation. It was a form of madness. He got over it and took a job as a school janitor. I suppose that change helped put him in touch with reality.

(some one once said) Without a sense of proportion there can be no sound judgement.

(CLICK THUMBNAIL TO ENLARGE)

Attachments

• $mis-understood.JPG
    $mis-understood.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 76
  • $mis-understood-2.JPG
    $mis-understood-2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
WOW! Two replies and both exhibit the exact quality I am looking for an explanation of? I don't want to give my thoughts yet but are you two Right or Left brained?

your whole premise is flawed ..the truth is truth facts are facts right brain /left brain does not change that ...regardless of the thought process the very same conclusion can be reached and there are people involved in the search for truth about 9/11 that would be both left and right brain inclined ..some will contribute with factual investigations and research.. some as artist or musician.. some driven by details and statistics.. some by an innate feeling they are being lied to..that something isn't right..

Last edited:
Midcant excels at flawed premises.

Little wonder when those presumptions end up giving him the results he's looking for at the outset. :lol:

I guess he's trying to prove that intelligent people (liberals) are left-brained.

One could contend that someone who is left-brained tends to be very analytical but doesn't have enough imagination to see past their spread sheets.

I've actually heard some of these elitist snobs say that if you don't think like them you're not intelligent. However I just call that closed-minded.....kind of like a left-leaning Archie Bunker. Political bigots so to speak.

From both tests, my left brain is dominant. I doubt that surprises many.

It means you're in the perfect field.

I'm kind of in the middle so I could be decent at both but prefer creativity.

It also means that I tend to be less organized and less rigid.
Yes, I am - content, too. But, those damn questions about messy desks mess with my score. ;)

Funny thing is, some don't realize that there is quite the necessity for some creativity in fields such as mine as well still while having a left dominance. So, I can live with 55-left/45-right.

As others have said, neither way is wrong, no matter how some may want it to be.

Forum List

Back