Sergeant at eye of storm says he won't apologize

The cop dosen't owe Gates an apology. The cop was doing his job, The cop should not have to suffer through what this one did to do his job. It seems clear now that Mr. Harvard was clearly using cries of racism to his advantage and he is helped out by your chosen guy. Jeez. I stll stay the only way to solve this back and forth bullshit is to assign black police officers to black citizens.. That should end the matter.

The cop dosen't owe Gates an apology. The cop was doing his job, The cop should not have to suffer through what this one did to do his job. It seems clear now that Mr. Harvard was clearly using cries of racism to his advantage and he is helped out by your chosen guy. Jeez. I stll stay the only way to solve this back and forth bullshit is to assign black police officers to black citizens.. That should end the matter.
I don't care if Gates called the cop a ******. The cop was in the wrong to arrest him.

The only way to solve this is to admit that whites hate blacks is what your solution sounds like, Willow. Good luck with that.

I don't care if Gates called the cop a ******. The cop was in the wrong to arrest him.

The only way to solve this is to admit that whites hate blacks is what your solution sounds like, Willow. Good luck with that.

No Ravi,, what my solution is puts a stop to everytime a black has a confrontation with police the white police are automatically stamped "wrong, white and racist." you automatically believe the Mr. Harvard.. He bears no responsibility whatsoever for his conduct. I think you have it ass backwards, what is becoming clear in America with each passing moment is that blacks hate Whites,, don't believe me? read this forum on race. Good luck with denying that. I will say one other thing.. take it or leave.. racial equality will never be established in America with the attitutes we see now. If you are not willing to respect authority from white people then hire black people. that is so simple. the first words outta profs mouth "why are you here?? it's because I'm a black man in America." Rev. bullfrogs chickens are coming home to roost his message of hate has taken hold. I think you think a black man can be excused for any behavior just because in the past his race was mistreated so now today we have to give them a free pass.. ie charlie bass don't want no white woman reporting nuttin a black gentleman does.. it is so funny

What's funny is that you think one black man acting like an asshole means that all blacks are assholes.

And no matter what he said the cop had no right to arrest him.

No Ravi,, what my solution is puts a stop to everytime a black has a confrontation with police the white police are automatically stamped "wrong, white and racist." you automatically believe the Mr. Harvard.. He bears no responsibility whatsoever for his conduct. I think you have it ass backwards, what is becoming clear in America with each passing moment is that blacks hate Whites,, don't believe me? read this forum on race. Good luck with denying that. I will say one other thing.. take it or leave.. racial equality will never be established in America with the attitutes we see now. If you are not willing to respect authority from white people then hire black people. that is so simple. the first words outta profs mouth "why are you here?? it's because I'm a black man in America." Rev. bullfrogs chickens are coming home to roost his message of hate has taken hold. I think you think a black man can be excused for any behavior just because in the past his race was mistreated so now today we have to give them a free pass.. ie charlie bass don't want no white woman reporting nuttin a black gentleman does.. it is so funny

I put myself in the shoes of mr gates, and i can't imagine a cop treating moi, white as snow, in the same manner....and If I were treated in the same manner, then I would personally be pissed.

If you will read the Police Report, it will become clear that the Prof. overreacted and made a boob of himself. IMHO the Sgt. has nothing to apologize about. Obama mirrored the Professor's knee jerk reaction by calling the police stupid. This is one incident where I am disappointed in the man that I voted for. I hope he does better in the future.

Just "telling it like it is" as Uncle Walter would say.

I put myself in the shoes of mr gates, and i can't imagine a cop treating moi, white as snow, in the same manner....and If I were treated in the same manner, then I would personally be pissed.

I think you have two different standards of behavior for the races.. ravi said it didn't matter if gates called the police officer a "******" what would she say if the police officer called gates the same thing? doyathink? I betcha she would want the white guy fired don't you?? no doubt about it,, a double standard is being applied based soley on race..

What's funny is that you think one black man acting like an asshole means that all blacks are assholes.

And no matter what he said the cop had no right to arrest him.

that's a stretch! but you have to admit,, this is becoming a frequent occurence innit? Black + white police officer == officer is a racist pig picking on black people in America.. very frequent, hence my solution. white people/police are an obvious irritation to blacks.. why not remove that source of irritation?

That's the point: I do not have to prove anything to anyone. There is no requirement that you have to do anything other than give your name (and address I think). It's not incumbent upon any of us to continuously provide proof to every cop who asks, who we are. If he doesn't believe you, and he must have a reasonable cause not to, he can detain you for a reasonable amount of time and do his best to prove you are someone other than who you say you are. But he sure as hell doesn't get to arrest you or keep you indefintely. If I say I am Bozo Fartman then that's who I am unless you can prove otherwise.

You think? hahaah not so sure are you? The fact is you have to produce ID anytime an officer request it or risk going to jail. But since you don't mind going to jail then what is your problem?

What would prevent someone from giving the authorites a false name? And what if that false name that was given, had an outstanding warrant.

You have got to be the dumbest person I've seen in this group by far. Do yourself a favor and it may save you future embarrassment. Call you local police station and ask them what would happen if you refused to provide an ID when asked. And then ask them why they would even bother with such a request. I'll be back tomorrow to read your response.

You are only required to give your name to a police officer and that's only set in stone in 21 states. Nowhere in the US is there any law requiring that you even carry ID, much less show it. And yes, it would be a lot of fun for me if I was arrested for failure to have an ID. You do realize that drivers license and picture IDs are fairly new things for people to carry around? How did we ever manage to know who anyone was in 1888?

You always HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. Maybe you've heard of that.

You obviously failed in reading comprehension. I never said you were required to carry ID, I said you were required to produce it when asked by an officer of the law or face the penalty. Fairly new? Define "fairly new".
The miranda rights are usually introduced when yo're being arrested. If an officer pulls you over and you exercise your right to remain silent, then you will most certainly be going to jail. You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride. I would surmise that idiots like you would be uncooperative and end up wasting the cops time by being a little billigerent bitch.

Yes, Willow, if the cop called someone a ****** the cop should be fired. Ditto if the cop called someone a **** or a cracker or a prick. It's got nothing to do with a double standard. Cops are in a position of authority and trust and are NOT allowed to abuse that authority or trust.

Sometimes I think you've been dropped on your head once to often and you've become retarded. But then I remember what a hypocrite you are.

Yes, Willow, if the cop called someone a ****** the cop should be fired. Ditto if the cop called someone a **** or a cracker or a prick. It's got nothing to do with a double standard. Cops are in a position of authority and trust and are NOT allowed to abuse that authority or trust.

Sometimes I think you've been dropped on your head once to often and you've become retarded. But then I remember what a hypocrite you are.everyone knows you don't have two brain cells therefore you don't think,, you just spout talking points.

and to be consistant and un racist a harvard professor,, a shaper of young minds should likewise be fired for calling a white guy a ******! or are you a double standard type of girlie??

Bottom line, the Police Sgt. was doing is doing his job. If he decided that Gates reaction was causing a domestic disturbance, he had every right to arrest him. I am most disappointed in Obama's "stupidity" statement. He lost some fans with that one and, unfortunately, he just solidified many anti-Obama people. Bad move Barry...

gotta love it...so now exercising ones civil liberities is wasting a cops time.....o sorry for that...again its all about the consititution tills its not.

i will exercise my civil rights every time i get a chance to. when i am engaged with the police...i treat them like they are professionals and i sure the hell expect them to act that way.

i do not for one minute, understand why obama had to comment on this...even if ask..he should have let it be handled at the local level.

Bottom line, the Police Sgt. was doing is doing his job. If he decided that Gates reaction was causing a domestic disturbance, he had every right to arrest him. I am most disappointed in Obama's "stupidity" statement. He lost some fans with that one and, unfortunately, he just solidified many anti-Obama people. Bad move Barry...

worse even than that, he just put another fissure in the division this country suffers from. and a cop has been branded a racist.. it sucks.

Crowley seemed to simply let his own emotions get in his own way of being level headed...I have not accused him of being racist, and if I implied such in my comments, I apologize....

Both people let their emotions and/or past experiences or perceptions, to get in the way of level headedness, imo.

There are underlying feelings, mostly unsaid, and emotions on both sides that seemed to make this go, the way it went.

Crowley seemed to simply let his own emotions get in his own way of being level headed...I have not accused him of being racist, and if I implied such in my comments, I apologize....

Both people let their emotions and/or past experiences or perceptions, to get in the way of level headedness, imo.

There are underlying feelings, mostly unsaid, and emotions on both sides that seemed to make this go, the way it went.

What evidence is there that suggest Crowley let his emotons get the better of him?

What evidence is there that suggest Crowley let his emotons get the better of him?

by luring gates outside of his home...if it is true that he refused to give gates his id/badge info inside the home and insisted that gates ''come outside'' to get it....

inside the home, no matter the yelling or vitrol verbally spilled, no law was broken in massachusetts...because no one in the public was threatened etc, there was no disturbance of the peace, or disorderly conduct, according to the law....

only among the public can these accusations or charges take place...

it is possible that gates irked crowley so much, that 'crowley wanted to arrest him', so he lured him outside, in to the public....by refusing to give gates his badge information inside his home even though at this point crowley KNEW he was the legal habitant,...hoping for a disturbance of the peace or disorderly charge opportunity? I dunno? anything is possible...

less than a 100lb 15 year old has been killed by cops, that already had him cornered, using a stun gun...not all cops can keep their level headedness all the time....it seems to me, and if this turns out to be the case in this scenario, it would not surprise me.

BUT MOST of them CAN....I'm not saying they can't...

by luring gates outside of his home...if it is true that he refused to give gates his id/badge info inside the home and insisted that gates ''come outside'' to get it....

inside the home, no matter the yelling or vitrol verbally spilled, no law was broken in massachusetts...because no one in the public was threatened etc, there was no disturbance of the peace, or disorderly conduct, according to the law....

it is possible that gates irked crowley so much, that 'crowley wanted to arrest him', so he lured him outside, in to the public....by refusing to give gates his badge information inside his home even though at this point crowley KNEW he was the legal habitant,...hoping for a disturbance of the peace or disorderly charge opportunity? I dunno? anything is possible...

less than a 100lb 15 year old has been killed by cops, that already had him cornered, using a stun gun...not all cops can keep their level headedness all the time....it seems to me, and if this turns out to be the case in this scenario, it would not surprise me.

Classic liberal tactic. Point to another incident to justify this one. Fact is one doesn't have a damn thing to do with the other.

Another fact is that Crowley used his descretion in determining whether or not Gates violated the law. To play Monday morning quarterback is is as useless as it is ridiculous.

Fact: Crowley's name and badge number are pinned to his shirt. all one would have to do is read it. Fact: All Gates needed to do was provide ID at the officers request, the officer would thank him for his patience apologize for the inconvenience and be on his way. But noooooo Gates had to be a dickhead. Think about it. would you want the police to investigate your home if there was a report of a break in? And to be certain the the person found inside the home actually belonged there? You liberal nutcases never cease to amaze me. I thank God my children are smarter than that.

On a side note. Answer me this, who was the first of the two to make it about race?

What evidence is there that suggest Crowley let his emotions get the better of him?

FINALLY we disagree on something! :tongue:

The report says there were many witnesses to these events and the implication that he was was lured outside in order to justify arrest is unfounded. I've already said all I'm going to say on this topic in the other thread. I am more angry that the president and the Massachusetts governor are using this incident to further inflame emotions for personal and political purposes, because just like the rest of us, they were not there and thus not privy to all the facts. It's one thing for all of us to spout off our opinions based on our collective experience, but I had hoped our leaders could behave more responsibly than that.

http://www.odmp.org/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back