Serena's "Momma Says Knock You Out" ad rings hollow.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I wonder if they've already pulled this ad. Serena turned the US Open into a shit show boo fest, taking the moment away from the true victor Naomi Osaka which was a true shame. It might be the poorest showing of a top champion in a final ever. Maybe they'll replace the ad with "Momma says Throw a Fit".

I don't follow tennis but I saw William's meltdown, no idea what was going on rules wise but I felt sorry for Osaka, it was her moment and Williams stole it from her.

You have to love the irony. Serena, the greatest women tennis player of all time, got an ass whipping from another woman and blames it on sexism. It is sad when someone so accomplished reveals how petty and self consumed they really are. Character is always revealed during the hard times.

That display is one of many showings of poor sportsmanship.
Basically the reason I don't watch any professional sports.
Nothing but whiny, overpaid, overgrown children.

That display is one of many showings of poor sportsmanship.
Basically the reason I don't watch any professional sports.
Nothing but whiny, overpaid, overgrown children.

Not at all like --- say --- this place.

Huh.

As for meltdowns, I never heard McEnroe or Agassi or any other tennis player, or ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE demand an apology from an official. I never heard any of them tell an official he WAS CHEATING (stealing her points). She went "over the line."

And speaking of BULLYING - everyone speaks of it these days - why is no one pointing out that she has OFTEN used bullying tactics against officials who make calls against her. "You will never officiate another match of mine!"

Really? What professional athlete gets to decide who the officials will be at their matches?

She is probably the best FEMALE tennis player ever to play, but has never really personified class or grace in her sport (or in her life either, for that matter).

The multiple articles floating about the media these days taking her side all seem to have been written by people who either didn't see her outbursts during the match or are blind to reality.

And of course, anyone critical of her MUST be a racist/misogynist, right?

upload_2018-9-11_17-22-20.png

The Twitter account belonging to Australian cartoonist Mark Knight has disappeared amid the backlash over an image depicting tennis star Serena Williams after her controversial US Open defeat.

Knight’s cartoon, which appeared in the Herald Sun, showed Williams as an overweight baby stomping on her tennis racket – a reference to the US player’s outburst at the umpire in her defeat to Naomi Osaka in the US Open final.

Knight faced a barrage of abuse over the image, reportedly including death threats, with many attacking the cartoon as “racist.”

Australian cartoonist Mark Knight’s Twitter account disappears amid Serena Williams 'racism' storm

Unbelievable! So, it's racist just to notice rude behavior of a black person.

Have zero idea what the bruhaha is about. I saw her complaining to the ref and destroying her racket. Haven't heard/read anything about her reaction since then.

Not her finest moment to be sure.

Forum List

Back