Serena

sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
Serena goes all "ape" on a tiny line judge....... scary. Fined 10 grand, she probably spends more on dinner.:razz::lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZcDn8JWCLo]YouTube - Serena Williams Disqualified Foot Fault 2009 Us Open Vs Kim Clijsters (I Would Kill You?)[/ame]

Last edited:
No excuse for the behavior, and it gets worse, they are discussing banning her from all future grand slams. And nothing will happen to the idiot Judge.

Don't especially like her or her style, but then I don't watch Tennis so it does not matter. But banning her for one incident? Mc Enro never got banned as far as I recall.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
and Mc Enro had the nerve to talk about her about a year ago and the way she acts or it could of been her sister can't remember but the guy has no room to talk about how another tennis player acts.

She told the little asian women that........" if I could I would take this fucking ball and shove it down your fucking throat"....... not overly lady like. I don't believe that even McEnroe ever used that kind of language on the court. I couldn't see a foot fault either and I would think a review of the video would have gotten the call overturned........ until she went ballistic of course.

I don't think they can over turn a call by video in tennis, I could be wrong but I only think you can in football.
And I am pretty sure McEnroe said just as harsh words, I will try to find the video.

If Ron Artest didn't get banned from the NBA, why the hell is tennis banning Serena? sounds excessive to me.

According to this article, she is fined 500 dollars for breaking her racket in a previous out burst and 10,000 for the threat. They are investigating and there could be a suspension but nobody is talking about that now......... nothing about being banned.

She and Venus are playing in the doubles match tomorrow. One official that watched the video said that the word KILL was also said. Clearly the little asian woman was scared shitless as I would be if that hulk would have come at me with a racket leading the way.

Williams fined $10,000; new investigation opened - Yahoo! News

According to this article, she is fined 500 dollars for breaking her racket in a previous out burst and 10,000 for the threat. They are investigating and there could be a suspension but nobody is talking about that now......... nothing about being banned.

She and Venus are playing in the doubles match tomorrow. One official that watched the video said that the word KILL was also said. Clearly the little asian woman was scared shitless as I would be if that hulk would have come at me with a racket leading the way.

Williams fined $10,000; new investigation opened - Yahoo! News

you gotta think the tennis association will do all they can to let the williams sisters play each other before a suspension.

She has a history of getting nasty with officals and breaking her racket.

And she wasn't hosed, it was the correct call, she knows teh rules, her foot was on the line on her second serve and that was a legit call.

Clijsters was beating her and she couldn't take it is why the outburst came though.

She has a history of getting nasty with officals and breaking her racket.

And she wasn't hosed, it was the correct call, she knows teh rules, her foot was on the line on her second serve and that was a legit call.

Clijsters was beating her and she couldn't take it is why the outburst came though.

oh..i agree.

it was the quote around "ape" in the O/P I was commenting on.

Serena has always been a bad sport. She has never admitted that an opponent beat her. It is always a bad call, she was not feeling well, her back hurt....but beat the great Serena fair and square....NEVER

Just another excuse for her getting beaten

I agree, in a decade she has never said the other girl beat her.

She also will get nasty and hint that race plays a large part when she losses.

I don't think they can over turn a call by video in tennis, I could be wrong but I only think you can in football.
And I am pretty sure McEnroe said just as harsh words, I will try to find the video.

I'm pretty sure McEnroe said something like, "You've got to be kidding me!"

I heard about this incident with Serena, but I have yet to see the video. I heard the video shows she did not actually commit a foot fault. I do watch tennis on occasion so I understand enough to know a judge shouldn't be calling something like that on match point, unless it was a blatant fault...Terrible call!!! :doubt:

I don't excuse her particular choice of words, but I can certainly understand a competitor being angry in the heat of the moment like that. :cool: IMO, she should NOT be disqualified from future competitions over it.

Forum List

Back