Serena

She has a history of getting nasty with officals and breaking her racket.

And she wasn't hosed, it was the correct call, she knows teh rules, her foot was on the line on her second serve and that was a legit call.

Clijsters was beating her and she couldn't take it is why the outburst came though.

oh..i agree.

it was the quote around "ape" in the O/P I was commenting on.

Obvious troll was obvious so I let it go.

I don't think they can over turn a call by video in tennis, I could be wrong but I only think you can in football.
And I am pretty sure McEnroe said just as harsh words, I will try to find the video.
I think not. McEnroe didn't use the f-bomb in his tirades. I'll be surprised if you find that he did....we'd have heard about it already.

Besides, what he did does not excuse what she did...even if he did it. Serena is trailer trash in a tennis suit.

I don't think they can over turn a call by video in tennis, I could be wrong but I only think you can in football.
And I am pretty sure McEnroe said just as harsh words, I will try to find the video.

I'm pretty sure McEnroe said something like, "You've got to be kidding me!"

I heard about this incident with Serena, but I have yet to see the video. I heard the video shows she did not actually commit a foot fault. I do watch tennis on occasion so I understand enough to know a judge shouldn't be calling something like that on match point, unless it was a blatant fault...Terrible call!!! :doubt:

I don't excuse her particular choice of words, but I can certainly understand a competitor being angry in the heat of the moment like that. :cool: IMO, she should NOT be disqualified from future competitions over it.
he actually said, " are you serious" and that was only one occasion. He also threatned a guy that he would never work again, that he would umpire another one of his matches. He also used foul language on many occasions. Google mcenroe tantrums youtube.
and like Serena he was right many times, they were bad calls.

I think not. McEnroe didn't use the f-bomb in his tirades. I'll be surprised if you find that he did....we'd have heard about it already.

Besides, what he did does not excuse what she did...even if he did it. Serena is trailer trash in a tennis suit.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJi_oc7t10&feature=related]YouTube - John Mcenroe goes ballistic at the umpire[/ame]

it is about a minute into it, he says that is bullshit and that is the fucking fault line.

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJi_oc7t10&feature=related]YouTube - John Mcenroe goes ballistic at the umpire[/ame]

it is about a minute into it, he says that is bullshit and that is the fucking fault line.

I don't know anyone that didn't think McEnroe was a dick at the time. He used those outbursts to rattle his opposition, to throw them off their rhythm, to give himself a breather......... and he was a dick.
There's a big difference between a skinny clown yelling at a judge sitting 5 feet above him and a 5'9" brick wall menacing an under 5 foot woman sitting court side. She approached her brandishing her racquet like a weapon yelling how she would stuff a fucking ball down her fucking throat, that is verbal assault that isn't called for....... this kind of behavior may have taken over team sports but has no place in Tennis or any other civilized sport.

I am not saying she isn't wrong for what she did and shouldn't be fined but she shouldn't be banned from future events. maybe a suspension this year but that is it.

Unless McEnroe threatened or implied acts of physical violence, there is no comparison to Serena's recent on court actions. To the best of my knowledge, the man simply yelled, a lot.

I am not saying she isn't wrong for what she did and shouldn't be fined but she shouldn't be banned from future events. maybe a suspension this year but that is it.

She isn't getting banned and I doubt she will be suspended. She was allowed to continue at The U. S. Open in Doubles competition with Venus and they won it.

I agree, in a decade she has never said the other girl beat her.

She also will get nasty and hint that race plays a large part when she losses.
Really, what has she said in that regard?
Fun is fun Ravi, but your constant calls for minutia bullshit has limits.

The entire time she has been a pro she has accused the other players of being racist.

Are you really this clueless to the world, that you need some link to find out what the rest of us have known for a decade?

I agree, in a decade she has never said the other girl beat her.

She also will get nasty and hint that race plays a large part when she losses.

The entire time she has been a pro she has accused the other players of being racist.

Are you really this clueless to the world, that you need some link to find out what the rest of us have known for a decade?
:cuckoo: I don't follow tennis so I thought I ask. Don't get your panties in a twist.

:cuckoo: I don't follow tennis so I thought I ask. Don't get your panties in a twist.
Don't play the innocent with me, I know you too well.

Perhaps you can answer the question, manifoist. I did read where her father called someone a white turkey...maybe that's why Serena is considered racist?

Serena should learn to control herself better or she runs the risk of giving negros a bad name.

Serena is a good negro. Met her briefly in Honolulu. She had dropped her camera and on the shuttle to the airport asked me to fix it..I failed..she was dissappointed but didn't tell me to shove the camera down my throat.:lol:

Forum List

Back