Sequestration: Blame goes to GOP

Procrustes Stretched

Welshing is such a Liability
Dec 1, 2008

"Obama has said he wants Congress to end tax loopholes enjoyed mainly by the wealthy to buy lawmakers enough time to pass a budget but Republicans are insisting on deeper spending cuts to reduce the $16 trillion national debt."

What is wrong with closing loopholes for the wealthy? Fair or not, it only makes it look like (or for some people it validates the argument), the GOP is shilling for the wealthy elites.

If the GOP wants cuts to programs let them name the cuts? Obama wanted taxes raise and he named the taxes he wanted raised. Why won't the GOP just be honest and open with the American people, and name the cuts they would hold America hostage for?

The latest game makes it look like they really want to force sequestration, while denying it is what they want to do. This way they get cuts without naming which ones they wanted. They are hedging bets -- betting against the American people, and betting that both parties and the President will share blame with the GOP.

This isn't governing, it's electioneering.:eusa_hand:

Dante
:cool:
dD

Last edited:
So...you are affixing blame for an event that has not happened?

Do you have issues with simple concepts? Blame for the results of actions can usually be affixed. You get drunk and smoke pot and forget you have a test on the next day. I can say the night before your actions will be to blame for what is inevitably going to be the result

You want them to just give in and let obama reign Hell? Fuck no (even though they have..?)
The sequestration is a bunch of BS. He made that to get bi-partisan votes for his BS Bills. And now it is blowing up in his face! I love it! If the fuckin prick thought about the whole US, we wouldn't have this problem. Maybe... lol

"Obama has said he wants Congress to end tax loopholes enjoyed mainly by the wealthy to buy lawmakers enough time to pass a budget but Republicans are insisting on deeper spending cuts to reduce the $16 trillion national debt."

What is wrong with closing loopholes for the wealthy? Fair or not, it only makes it look like (or for some people it validates the argument), the GOP is shilling for the wealthy elites.

If the GOP wants cuts to programs let them name the cuts? Obama wanted taxes raise and he named the taxes he wanted raised. Why won't the GOP just be honest and open with the American people, and name the cuts they would hold America hostage for?

The latest game makes it look like they really want to force sequestration, while denying it is what they want to do. This way they get cuts without naming which ones they wanted. They are hedging bets -- betting against the American people, and betting that both parties and the President will share blame with the GOP.

Dante
dD

The PowerPoint That Proves It’s Not Obama’s Sequester After All

by John Avlon Feb 20, 2013 4:45 AM EST
Republicans have taken to calling the deep cuts that could reverse our hard-won economic recovery ‘Obama’s Sequester.’ But a July 2011 PowerPoint obtained by John Avlon shows the opposite may be true.

Democrats want Congress to come back and stop ‘sequester’

Pentagon issues furlough notice as ‘sequester’ budget cuts loom

You want them to just give in and let obama reign Hell? Fuck no (even though they have..?)
The sequestration is a bunch of BS. He made that to get bi-partisan votes for his BS Bills. And now it is blowing up in his face! I love it! If the fuckin prick thought about the whole US, we wouldn't have this problem. Maybe... lol

The blame must get passed to the GOP ASAP... Because very soon Obama is going to throw all of those public Union workers, and their cushy jobs under the Bus. Hope you all got exactly what you wanted. :D

Why is it the first thing a liberal thinks of when faced with mandatory spending cuts is that instead they need to soak the rich for more revenue? How many times do you think you can go to that well before the economy is negatively impacted? How many new businesses will not be opened, or existing businesses not expanded? How many will move part or all of their companies offshore, or close al together cuz the ROI isn't good enough? How many rich guys will say screw this, I'm investing my money elsewhere? Gotta say, this ain't thw way to get a sluggish economy growing.

Obama: I Will Veto Attempts To Get Rid Of Automatic Spending Cuts - Forbes

President Barack Obama gave a press conference after the Supercommittee officially admitted it failed to reach an agreement to cut $1.2 trillion in budget spending over the next 10 years. Obama told reporters he would veto any attempt to get rid of the automatic cuts which are set to kick in as a part of the sequester proposition, which will be triggered unless Congress reaches over the next year.

“I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts,” said Obama from the White House’s briefing room, adding “the only way to get rid of those cuts is to get Congress to come together and work on a deal.”

Now I guess the Democrats will start asking Harry Reid about the House passed Budgets that have been passed and sat in Senate without a vote for the past year....

Oh wait a minute.. Democrats question Reid as to why he refused to bring House Passed bills to vote... The moon will turn blue while a pig and a cow fly over it first.

JAY CARNEY: What I will concede is that we were looking and the Republicans were looking for a trigger around which to build a mechanism to get us out of default possibility and the sequester was one of the idea put forward, yes by the president's team. (Special Report, February 12, 2013)
Jay Carney Admits Sequester Was The President's Idea | RealClearPolitics

Shit. I wonder why Obama doesn't just fire Carney.

Heck. I wonder why he didn't just correct him.

Lifted from a post of mine in a different thread.

Congress passed sequestration before the president signed it, and the whole self-defeating exercise was carried out in response to Tea Party Republicans’ insistence that we play chicken with the debt ceiling, which ultimately cost America its AAA credit rating.

But here’s the thing. I happened to come across an old email that throws cold water on House Republicans’ attempts to call this “Obama’s Sequester.”

It’s a PowerPoint presentation that Boehner’s office developed with the Republican Policy Committee and sent out to the Capitol Hill GOP on July 31, 2011. Intended to explain the outline of the proposed debt deal, the presentation is titled: “Two Step Approach to Hold President Obama Accountable.”

It’s essentially an internal sales document from the old dealmaker Boehner to his unruly and often unreasonable Tea Party cohort. But it’s clear as day in the presentation that “sequestration” was considered a cudgel to guarantee a reduction in federal spending—the conservatives’ necessary condition for not having America default on its obligations.

The presentation lays out the deal in clear terms, describing the spending backstop as “automatic across-the-board cuts (‘sequestration’). Same mechanism used in 1997 Balanced Budget Agreement.”
The PowerPoint That Proves It?s Not Obama?s Sequester After All - The Daily Beast

The old ways of the GOP playing fast and loose with important matters are over. Time for the GOP to grow up and also for the GOP to be held to account for Congressional actions under their leadership

Dante
dD

Funny how you liberals are never offended when a democratic supporting company pays ZERO taxes, like GE, or Facebook.....

I love how you think the wealthy are supported by republicans, it's so cute that you are that naive....

But hey if you think you're not paying enough, pay more, noone said you couldnt help out.

The daily Beast is your response to my post? LOL
I would take some amateurs blog site to that BS any day
It is obamas. Deal with it
Granted, you have got to blame someone.. Since you couldn't possibly blame Boooosh, blame the GOP, right? Right

Keep telling yourself that, LOL with the spin, however, your Messiah's speeches speak for themselves. Must have been a minor campaign rhetoric slip of the tongue, or Bush's fault, right? HAHAHAHA

Why is it the first thing a liberal thinks of when faced with mandatory spending cuts is that instead they need to soak the rich for more revenue? How many times do you think you can go to that well before the economy is negatively impacted? How many new businesses will not be opened, or existing businesses not expanded? How many will move part or all of their companies offshore, or close al together cuz the ROI isn't good enough? How many rich guys will say screw this, I'm investing my money elsewhere? Gotta say, this ain't thw way to get a sluggish economy growing.

Stop shilling for the wealthy elites. These are loopholes that only the wealthy get.

What is up with the alarmist bs? Most wealthy elites do not create jobs. This isn't about the economy for the GOP, it's about Obama and the Democrats kicking GOP butt last election. Sequestration is GOP electioneering:evil:

Obama: I Will Veto Attempts To Get Rid Of Automatic Spending Cuts - Forbes

President Barack Obama gave a press conference after the Supercommittee officially admitted it failed to reach an agreement to cut $1.2 trillion in budget spending over the next 10 years. Obama told reporters he would veto any attempt to get rid of the automatic cuts which are set to kick in as a part of the sequester proposition, which will be triggered unless Congress reaches over the next year.

“I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts,” said Obama from the White House’s briefing room, adding “the only way to get rid of those cuts is to get Congress to come together and work on a deal.”

Now I guess the Democrats will start asking Harry Reid about the House passed Budgets that have been passed and sat in Senate without a vote for the past year....

Oh wait a minute.. Democrats question Reid as to why he refused to bring House Passed bills to vote... The moon will turn blue while a pig and a cow fly over it first.

Jump to: navigation, search

Ignoratio elenchi, also known as irrelevant conclusion,[1] is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid, but fails nonetheless to address the issue in question

sequestration: Blame goes to gop

"obama has said he wants congress to end tax loopholes enjoyed mainly by the wealthy to buy lawmakers enough time to pass a budget but republicans are insisting on deeper spending cuts to reduce the $16 trillion national debt."

what is wrong with closing loopholes for the wealthy? Fair or not, it only makes it look like (or for some people it validates the argument), the gop is shilling for the wealthy elites.

If the gop wants cuts to programs let them name the cuts? Obama wanted taxes raise and he named the taxes he wanted raised. Why won't the gop just be honest and open with the american people, and name the cuts they would hold america hostage for?

The latest game makes it look like they really want to force sequestration, while denying it is what they want to do. This way they get cuts without naming which ones they wanted. They are hedging bets -- betting against the american people, and betting that both parties and the president will share blame with the gop.

dante
dd

Truth :thup:

$untitled.JPG

If the Sequestration is so bad, why did that fuck sign it? If it was the GOP who made it, why is everyone lying except your BS link? Even his employees are lying? :eek:

JAY CARNEY: What I will concede is that we were looking and the Republicans were looking for a trigger around which to build a mechanism to get us out of default possibility and the sequester was one of the idea put forward, yes by the president's team. (Special Report, February 12, 2013)
Jay Carney Admits Sequester Was The President's Idea | RealClearPolitics

Shit. I wonder why Obama doesn't just fire Carney.

Heck. I wonder why he didn't just correct him.

Lifted from a post of mine in a different thread.
What you leave out from that other thread was that sequester was a CON$ervative IDEA for enforcing spending caps that CON$ have wanted for YEARS and Obama only offered it to the CON$ as a bone to try to move the process forward.

“what conservatives like me have been fighting for, for years are statutory caps on spending, literally legal caps in law that says government agencies cannot spend over a set amount of money and if they breach that amount across the board sequester comes in to cut that spending. You can’t turn it out without a supermajority. We got that into law."
- Paul Ryan, August 2011

Forum List

Back