Sequester, schmequester: Party at the White House!

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
by Erika Johnsen
March 11, 2013

Last week, I wondered if perhaps the Obama administration would consider factor the optics of the decision to cancel White House tours for the public into their upcoming decisions about the executives’ leisure activities, and whether they’d tone them down a little due to the extra security and funds that they require.

Evidently not.

Not only do they have every intention of going forward with forward with their Martha’s Vineyard vacation this summer nor any plans for curbing Obama’s golf outings, the First Lady is getting ready to throw herself the most amazing 50th birthday bash, evah. I wonder how much extra all of these “everyman” leisure activities are going to incur in security costs? HuffPo reports:

An unnamed (and potentially questionable) source told the UK’s Daily Mail that the first lady has asked Beyonce and Adele to perform at her party.​
MoS Diary: Adele lands her biggest ever gig at Michelle Obama's 50th birthday party | Mail Online

Read more:
Sequester, schmequester: Party at the White House! « Hot Air

Meanwhile, guided tours of the people to the "People's House" have been stopped.

I heard the Adele rumors are false. IDK you know how that shit is
I wonder how many millions her party will cost? I wonder how many educations that could buy for military? LOL
political theater

Forum List

Back