Separation of church and state makes him want to throw up

Santorum's radical religious statements may help him win evangelical voters on Super Tuesday, and even the GOP nomination, but they would destroy him in the General Election - and you can bet that GOP leaders know that. Also, I can't imagine a devout Mormon like Romney selecting a radical Christian like Santorum for the VP slot. There are just too many differences between Mormonism and Christianity to allow such a ticket. Here are just a few of those differences:

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine and Mormon Doctrine|Mormonism Does Not Agree with the Bible | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Santorum's radical religious statements may help him win evangelical voters on Super Tuesday, and even the GOP nomination, but they would destroy him in the General Election - and you can bet that GOP leaders know that. Also, I can't imagine a devout Mormon like Romney selecting a radical Christian like Santorum for the VP slot. There are just too many differences between Mormonism and Christianity to allow such a ticket. Here are just a few of those differences:

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine and Mormon Doctrine|Mormonism Does Not Agree with the Bible | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

look it's obvious your end game is "Christians shut up" , but unfortunately for you, the COTUS doesn't allow you to do that. You're free to vote against him, you are NOT free to prevent him from running.

look it's obvious your end game is "Christians shut up" , but unfortunately for you, the COTUS doesn't allow you to do that. You're free to vote against him, you are NOT free to prevent him from running.

Gee, more religious persecution? How am I preventing him from running?

[That's correct, It's vague when it comes to many constitutional questions, it's why the supreme court defined it further to mean that there is a wall that the founders were too negligent to build.

The Supreme Court doesn't have that authority.

Sure they do, it's what they are there for

No, that's not what they're there for. They're there to determine whether or not a law passes the Constitution as written, not to "define it further" and inject their own bias as to what they want it to say.

Once again, you have no thoughts of your own.

Once again, you have no thoughts of your own.

Gee, and here I thought they were all my thoughts except for the link.

Not according to either Madison or Jefferson.
See U.S. v. Nixon, 418 U.S. 683.
What does that case have to do with Madison's and Jefferson's outrage over the Marbury v. Madison decision?...I mean besides nothing.

Madison and Jefferson DID disagree, but they were only 2 out of around 50 voices who had at least SOME input . Obviously they didn't all agree on everything. Which proves the point that the Court needs the power to decide.

Huh... impressed. Normally you just cut and paste from a link.

Of course, it totally ignored the question about if Santorum was president how his beliefs would be a threat to those of different faiths.

Santorum, and many other people, don't realize that if we don't have a separation of church and state then that church could be the Islamic church. Or the any other church. They know not what they ask.

Santorum, and many other people, don't realize that if we don't have a separation of church and state then that church could be the Islamic church. Or the any other church. They know not what they ask.

Do you really not understand the difference being allowing religion to be part of government and not having one single official religion? NO ONE is calling for the latter.

Do you really not understand the difference being allowing religion to be part of government and not having one single official religion? NO ONE is calling for the latter.

yes, i do. which is why i posted what i did.

Of course, it totally ignored the question about if Santorum was president how his beliefs would be a threat to those of different faiths.

If I "copy" and paste, I put it in a quote box. I'm not concerned with "how his beliefs would be a threat to those of different faiths" - I'm concerned with how any religious faith impacts our government and my personal life. According to our Constitution, no religious faith should be impacting our government and my personal life.

If I "copy" and paste, I put it in a quote box. I'm not concerned with "how his beliefs would be a threat to those of different faiths" - I'm concerned with how any religious faith impacts our government and my personal life. According to our Constitution, no religious faith should be impacting our government and my personal life.
Atheism is a religious faith. I do believe it should not be allowed to impact our government either.

How do you resolve this hypocrisy?

It's not the separation of church and state, it's the modern interpretation of the separation of church and state by the former KKK member, Hugo Black, appointed by FDR to the Supreme Court. Lefties always hated that the Bill of Rights was intended as a limitation of government power. The Founding Fathers would be rolling over in their graves if they found out what democrats have done to the Constitution so far.

WTF, Tonto?

You're that disgusted by any hint of religion that you can't fathom anyone with any sort of Christian values having them guide their decisions?

You are plain out eat the fuck up!

There is nothing said about a religious faith impacting the government or your personal life "according to the Constitution", ass-hat.

NO LAW regarding the ESTABLISHMENT of a religion or the FREE EXERCISE thereof.
That means you can't disqualify someone based on their religious preference.

You don't find it weird that you expect tolerance when it comes to homosexuality but refuse the same when it comes to religion?

:cuckoo:

Here is the full text of what Santorum said on Meet The Press today:

MR. GREGORY: Senator, I want to ask you a final area about your faith...

FMR. SEN. SANTORUM: Yeah.

MR. GREGORY: ...which you talk about week in and week out and is so important to you. And I want to play a very famous clip from JFK, President Kennedy's--where he's--a speech in 1960 where he talked about his views of religion influencing him. And this is a portion of what he said.

(Videotape, September 13, 1960)

SEN. JOHN F. KENNEDY (D-MA): I believe in a president whose views on religion are his own private affair, neither imposed upon him by the nation nor imposed by the nation upon him as a condition to holding that office. I do not speak for my church on public matters and the church does not speak for me.

(End videotape)

MR. GREGORY: Senator, you called that in the past a, quote, "horrible speech" in part because you felt that he was too rigid about the separation of church and state. There's a concern within the party, and certainly to a lot of other voters, where your faith ends and your presidency would begin.

FMR. SEN. SANTORUM: Yeah. The original line that you didn't play that got--that President Kennedy said is, "I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute." That is not the founders' vision, that is not the America that, that made the greatest country in the history of the world. The idea that people of faith should not be permitted in the public square to, to, to influence public policy is antithetical to the First Amendment which says the free exercise of religion--James Madison called people of faith, and by the way, no faith, and different faith, the ability to come in the public square with diverse opinions motivated by a variety of different ideas and passions the perfect remedy. Why? Because everybody's allowed in. And the idea that people of faith have to keep it a private affair, my goodness, what does that mean, that the only place that--the only thing you're allowed to bring to the public square is secular ideas or, or not, or things that are not motivated by faith? Look at all of the great movements in this country that led to great just--you know, to, to righting wrongs that exist in this country, the slavery movement, the, the, the civil rights movement, all led by people of faith bringing their faith into the public square that all men are created equal...

MR. GREGORY: Fair enough. OK, but....

FMR. SEN. SANTORUM: ...and they have God-given rights. So this idea that we need to segregate faith is, is, is a dangerous idea. And, and we're seeing the Obama administration not only segregating faith but imposing the states' values now on churches, which is even a bigger affront to the First Amendment.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46518366/ns/meet_the_press-transcripts/

Transcript: JFK's Speech on His Religion : NPR

Last edited:

Atheism is a religious faith. I do believe it should not be allowed to impact our government either.

How do you resolve this hypocrisy?

How is Atheism a religion? Is secularism a religion?

Forum List

Back