Senator Vitter values his home state at no more than 20 billion - Landrieau undecided

Maybe BP could move a little faster if the White House would stop playing politics. Hmmm

The always fun, Obamateurism of the Day...
Hot Air Obamateurism of the Day

Via...
With DoJ threatening prosecution, Obama slams BP for ?lawyering up? | Washington Examiner

According to the pool report, BP and Coast Guard officials whose job it is to handle claims “are stationed with each parish president in Louisiana, and [Obama] wants the same arrangement for county governments in all the affected states.”

At that point, the pool report says Obama “lit into BP” because he wants to — Obama’s words — “make sure that BP is not lawyering up essentially.”

Just two days ago, Attorney General Eric Holder traveled to Louisiana to announce that the Justice Department has begun criminal and civil investigations into the oil spill. As a result of that investigation, BP and other companies could be charged with violating a variety of environmental laws, as well as other crimes. Holder pledged to prosecute any offenders “to the fullest extent of the law.” The prosecution could result in enormous penalties and losses for BP beyond what has already occurred because of the spill. And now the president himself goes after BP for “lawyering up.” The company certainly has huge obligations as a result of its actions in this matter. But surely the constitutional-law-professor-in-chief would concede their right to a legal defense.

Rule of law, not rule of men. Why? Well, lets just say, some folks can get hysterical in their emotional stress and lose the reason that nature graced the rest of mankind with.

BP should pay and will pay, and then some. Some of you lefties need to chill, your starting to crack up nearly as bad as President Obama. :razz:

Why are you against BP being prosecuted for its criminal violations? Should corporations just be allowed to violate the law any time they choose

Maybe BP could move a little faster if the White House would stop playing politics. Hmmm

Via...
With DoJ threatening prosecution, Obama slams BP for ?lawyering up? | Washington Examiner

According to the pool report, BP and Coast Guard officials whose job it is to handle claims “are stationed with each parish president in Louisiana, and [Obama] wants the same arrangement for county governments in all the affected states.”

At that point, the pool report says Obama “lit into BP” because he wants to — Obama’s words — “make sure that BP is not lawyering up essentially.”

Just two days ago, Attorney General Eric Holder traveled to Louisiana to announce that the Justice Department has begun criminal and civil investigations into the oil spill. As a result of that investigation, BP and other companies could be charged with violating a variety of environmental laws, as well as other crimes. Holder pledged to prosecute any offenders “to the fullest extent of the law.” The prosecution could result in enormous penalties and losses for BP beyond what has already occurred because of the spill. And now the president himself goes after BP for “lawyering up.” The company certainly has huge obligations as a result of its actions in this matter. But surely the constitutional-law-professor-in-chief would concede their right to a legal defense.

Rule of law, not rule of men. Why? Well, lets just say, some folks can get hysterical in their emotional stress and lose the reason that nature graced the rest of mankind with.

BP should pay and will pay, and then some. Some of you lefties need to chill, your starting to crack up nearly as bad as President Obama. :razz:

Why are you against BP being prosecuted for its criminal violations? Should corporations just be allowed to violate the law any time they choose

I merely suggest, that they be allowed lawyers and due process. Unlike our Constitutional Prof-in-Chief.

See without logic, we sound unreasonable.

For instance, I'm not simultaneously advocating that they be fined infinitydollars and be boycotted by all. Just how do you expect BP to pay their fair share if you run them out of business?

I would just as soon have BP and the government working to fix this mess together and then let the lawyers fight out the payments after. BP has a bigtime liability. Justice demands they pay every penny, but not one penny more.

You do know that your incessant crying isn't going to solve anything.

BP has already stated it will pay all legitimate claims.
And you believe them? LOL!

By the way I was in Cameron Parrish over the weekend with my grandkids seeing if we could help with the clean up efforts. Where were you?
Good for you! Thanks for seeing if you could help!

They haven't given a reason not to trust them.

People like you make people like me who are willing to drive five hours to clean up a beach that they don't even live around second guess the desire to help. You don't want to help your own fucking neighborhood without getting paid. You are a fucking insult to the good people of Louisiana.

Via...

I merely suggest, that they be allowed lawyers and due process. Unlike our Constitutional Prof-in-Chief.

When did Obama said BP would not be allowed to have lawyers?

For instance, I'm not simultaneously advocating that they be fined infinitydollars and be boycotted by all. Just how do you expect BP to pay their fair share if you run them out of business?

Why shouldn't I boycott them? You're not honestly suggesting its my responsibility to pay for their mess, are you?

I would just as soon have BP and the government working to fix this mess together and then let the lawyers fight out the payments after. BP has a bigtime liability. Justice demands they pay every penny, but not one penny more.

One penny more my ass. Ever heard of punitive damages? But like I said, it doesn't look like you're too interested in getting BP to actually pay for its misdeeds.

Last edited:
You do know that your incessant crying isn't going to solve anything.

BP has already stated it will pay all legitimate claims.
And you believe them? LOL!

By the way I was in Cameron Parrish over the weekend with my grandkids seeing if we could help with the clean up efforts. Where were you?
Good for you! Thanks for seeing if you could help!

They haven't given a reason not to trust them.

People like you make people like me who are willing to drive five hours to clean up a beach that they don't even live around second guess the desire to help. You don't want to help your own fucking neighborhood without getting paid. You are a fucking insult to the good people of Louisiana.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: You must be one of those people who can suck their own dicks.
You're also clearly a very modest, humble person. You would never brag about your supposed selfless acts, for instance.

Sorry you were burdened by spending time with your grandkids.

Last edited:
rationality is your friend. try some today

I know rationality well. You clearly know rationality well also. I doubt very much whether WhinyBoyTuna would recognize rationality if it introduced itself, with a business card.

Stupidity is your friend. You've known him all your life.

task tsk task tsk

why don't you go out and pick up an oil blob or two.. look for a bird that needs help. then you'll feel useful and less like screaming at authority.

First explain to me why I should be cleaning up the mess of a private business free of charge.

Because you care..... but, apparently, you don't. You are a typical progressive - you want to sit and bitch and have someone else do shit for you.

task tsk task tsk

why don't you go out and pick up an oil blob or two.. look for a bird that needs help. then you'll feel useful and less like screaming at authority.

First explain to me why I should be cleaning up the mess of a private business free of charge.

Because you care..... but, apparently, you don't. You are a typical progressive - you want to sit and bitch and have someone else do shit for you.

Do shit for me? You are mistaken. This isn't my mess. This is BP's mess. If I were to work for them free of charge, that would be me doing shit for BP. Do you understand that, or is the cock of the corporation so deep in your throat you actually think citizens have an obligation to provide free labor to the mega-corps?

Besides, didn't you say BP was going to pay to fix it all?

Last edited:

Do shit for me? You are mistaken. This isn't my mess. This is BP's mess. If I were to work for them free of charge, that would be me doing shit for BP. Do you understand that, or is the cock of the corporation so deep in your throat you actually think citizens have an obligation to provide free labor to the mega-corps?

nobody said free. you gonna let BP hire the illegals aren't ya? like you did post Katrina. you evidently don't give a shit about your State.

Via...

describe the crimes!

Why shouldn't I boycott them? You're not honestly suggesting its my responsibility to pay for their mess, are you?

One penny more my ass. Ever heard of punitive damages? But like I said, it doesn't look like you're too interested in getting BP to actually pay for its misdeeds.

Sorry, my fault.I thought you were reading my post.

It's your money, do what you like with it. Yikes, my fault again, I still assumed you COULD read. BP should pay every penny they own as determined by the rule of law, yeah punitive as well should the courts make that determination.

Your avatar demands of others, boycott BP (supersexyawsome free speech) and your OP and further postings indicate you think BP's liability is unlimited. (supersexyawsome more free speech, power to ya) Here on Earth, that opens up the question with a contradiction. How? Do you desire BP to go backrupt or do you desire they pay for the clean-up, plus other liabilities (plus punitive) that will be ongoing for maybe decades? In short, you are the reason for the crying baby democrat seal pic floating around the entertoobs.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/image/funny/funny_780.jpg

(hint, you have to click on link to "read" and understand)

nobody said free. you gonna let BP hire the illegals aren't ya? like you did post Katrina. you evidently don't give a shit about your State.

I just wanna make sure I get all this straight-

BP's hiring practices - MY responsibility
BP's mess - MY responsibility

BP's profits - do I get those, or is that just for shareholders?

Apparently I'm the one who made all the corporations break the law after Katrina, too! What an amazing concept of "personal responsibility" you have - I'm not only responsible for my own actions, I'm responsible for all the negative actions of corporations!

Via...

describe the crimes!

We can start with U.S. Code Title 16 Section 703.

By what day is BP required to fire its attorneys?

It is your state - it is your mess. If it was MY state - damned fucken straight I'd be down there cleaning up. I care more about my state and it's environment than whining.

No, actually it was the CEO of BP who said it. I just quoted him. Therein lies your stupidity.... you ASS U me that I agree because I quote him. Fucking idiot.

It is your state - it is your mess. If it was MY state - damned fucken straight I'd be down there cleaning up. I care more about my state and it's environment than whining.

I'm sorry, but isn't Louisiana part of the United States. Aren't you a citizen of the United States? Explain to me how its my mess and not yours, and why you love your state so much, but not your country.

No, actually it was the CEO of BP who said it. I just quoted him. Therein lies your stupidity.... you ASS U me that I agree because I quote him. Fucking idiot.

So BP isn't going to pay for everything now, is that what you're saying? Make up your mind!

By what day is BP required to fire its attorneys?

Yikes, clearly you don't need me to read for you, you need me to think for you. :eusa_whistle:

At that point, the pool report says Obama “lit into BP” because he wants to — Obama’s words — “make sure that BP is not lawyering up essentially

Fired? He does not even want them hired! LOL

Holder pledged to prosecute any offenders “to the fullest extent of the law.” The prosecution could result in enormous penalties and losses for BP beyond what has already occurred because of the spill. And now the president himself goes after BP for “lawyering up.”

Now, take a deep breath as this next bit is really going to blow your mind. (I'll wait) Take a trip in the "wayback machine" and by that I mean your OP and my first response. (I'll wait again)

I don't think that Obama really believes BP can't have their lawyers. (nor does the washingtonEx nor does Hot Air where I found the links) This is what used to be called a "gaffe" and what used to be big "news". My post said that your failure to use reason and logic made you look nearly as foolish and the moron-in-chief. A warning ignored sadly. (for you anyway, I'm tired of waiting for you to catch up now)

Forum List

Back