Senator Ron Paul says

Never heard of senator Ron Paul. Who’s that?
Who the fuck are you? Another ignorant partisan troll? Get bent.

I'm surprised Paul was so succinct and straightforward in his comment. That sort of honesty is rare in Washington DC these days. I wish I had a senator like him, instead of the pin headed clowns I'm stuck with.
Love Ron Paul. Rand is pretty good too.

Oh BTW, Ron a retired congressman and Rand is a senator.

Exploiting your name is not "corruption." Allowing your son to exploit your name is not "corruption."

Corruption is taking official action in order to obtain a personal benefit. "If you give me money, I will back this piece of legislation." That's corruption.

If you have an example of Joe Biden doing so, now would be a good time to share it. Nobody else is aware.

Actually , yes, it is. Biden as VP was in charge Ukraine policy. Thus his son getting a position on the Board, that just happened to pay ten times the amount a Board seat in a legit company would pay, most certainly IS corruption.

I call myself a "conservatarian." Most strains are liberal, verging on on anarchy -- open borders, legalizing prostitution, legalizing drugs. I support none of that.

Maybe that's what I am, too. The open borders thing is no good. I get Reason magazine, a libertarian publication; I like a lot of it, but some of their ideas are too wild and woolly for me.

No, the fantasy is thinking "treating each other with respect" is what libertarianism is....it isn't

Interesting point.....I think you may be right. Well, obviously Rand Paul wasn't being respectful! But I mean about being able to argue against stuff going on in the culture: I've read libertarians can freely object to things they wouldn't do, and think it's immoral to do X or Y, but they simply won't proscribe it to the whole society. Taking illegal drugs, for instance.

Which is why libertarian style government doesn't exist in no place on Earth....unless you want to count Somalia...

Somalia doesn't HAVE a government --- just warlords, I think.

So that's anarchy, which is not identical to libertarianism. Libertarians believe in government -- it just has to be restricted to defense from external threats and crime-fighting, and maybe federal highways. Highways are controversial.

Which is why libertarian style government doesn't exist in no place on Earth....unless you want to count Somalia...

Somalia doesn't HAVE a government --- just warlords, I think.

So that's anarchy, which is not identical to libertarianism. Libertarians believe in government -- it just has to be restricted to defense from external threats and crime-fighting, and maybe federal highways. Highways are controversial.
Why do you think government good? History clearly proves you wrong. Nothing has caused more death, destruction and suffering than government. Unfortunately too many people think lack of government, is just the worst.

'The bidens are corrupt as the day is long'...............how any astute person that follows politics would deny that has to be because of bias.

Yet there are some biased peopl that still will admit the truth...so many however especically in the democratic party will let their bias rule their perceptions to the point they have no regard for the truth.

Looks like Rand Paul

Forum List

Back