Senator Marco Rubio Tells Students He Does Not Agree With The March For Our Lives

DZFDIFmW0AEhLw2.jpg
Kashuv.... a Russian name?

In Soviet Russia gun control you.

I don't have a problem with what Rubio said. The shooting that sparked the march was in Florida, and a Senator from Florida respectfully gave his opinion on gun control. It's not like he shit all over the kids.

Rubio made sure the students knew that some Americans view them as a threat to the Second Amendment.

On a day when hundreds of thousands of people marched in support of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting survivors, one senator took time to tell those students he does not support their cause.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said in a Saturday statement that there are “many other Americans who do not support a gun ban” because they view it as a threat to the Second Amendment.

While Rubio included in his statement a line about respecting the demonstrators’ right to peaceful protests, he quickly expressed his opposition.

“While I do not agree with all of the solutions they propose, I respect their views and recognize that many Americans support certain gun bans,” the senator said.

Those against gun bans “want to prevent mass shootings” too, Rubio continued, but they “view banning guns as an infringement on the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens that ultimately will not prevent these tragedies.”

More: Sen. Marco Rubio Tells Students He Does Not Agree With The March For Our Lives

Wow, I would say that Rubio's days as a Senator are numbered - especially in Florida. Parkland is in Rubio's district. Sadly, Rubio isn't up for reelection until 2022. What do you think?

I think he’s a whore.

Rubio made sure the students knew that some Americans view them as a threat to the Second Amendment.

On a day when hundreds of thousands of people marched in support of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting survivors, one senator took time to tell those students he does not support their cause.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said in a Saturday statement that there are “many other Americans who do not support a gun ban” because they view it as a threat to the Second Amendment.

While Rubio included in his statement a line about respecting the demonstrators’ right to peaceful protests, he quickly expressed his opposition.

“While I do not agree with all of the solutions they propose, I respect their views and recognize that many Americans support certain gun bans,” the senator said.

Those against gun bans “want to prevent mass shootings” too, Rubio continued, but they “view banning guns as an infringement on the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens that ultimately will not prevent these tragedies.”

More: Sen. Marco Rubio Tells Students He Does Not Agree With The March For Our Lives

Wow, I would say that Rubio's days as a Senator are numbered - especially in Florida. Parkland is in Rubio's district. Sadly, Rubio isn't up for reelection until 2022. What do you think?

I think the days of your propaganda and commie movement are numbered.

Riddle me this commie, if this was all about the survivors, why did they deny a platform for a kid that actually lost a family member in the shooting??????????? None of the Douglas five lost a family member.

There is no way this BS is non partisan and about Americans coming together. It's all about pushing your regressive agenda on everyone, even the ones that disagree.

It's oviously all astroturf. The media provided a platform for any of the kids that agree with the media agenda. The rest got the cold shoulder. Only idiots like Chief Shitting Bull are fooled.

I think he’s a whore.
Of course you do, snowflake.

I am very impressed by this politician. Certainly a vote worthy candidate.

Yeah, because the "March for Our Lives" rallies were simply mindless anti-gun rallies. Not a word about the shocking failure of the local police to follow up on the clear indications they had that Cruz was a threat. Not a word about the failure of Cruz's legal guardian. Not a word about the county program that paid the police not to arrest youth for a wide variety of crimes. Not a word about the FBI's baffling failure to follow up on the leads about Cruz. Not a word about the cowardly cop at the school who refused to go inside to engage Cruz. No, every rally was just a bunch of screaming against guns, guns, guns. Good thing Cruz didn't use a car to kill the 17 students, hey? Then they might have to do a little thinking before screaming.

Forum List

Back