Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

Important stuff!
It is important stuff. Colorado is seeing tens of millions in increased sales taxes, enabling them to keep other taxes lower while not diminishing services.
They will still not be able to cover the losses drug use incurs.

Alcohol is heavily taxed. It's been taxed for years and has never been able to pay for the losses drinking incurs. Never. Not even close. The taxes on alcohol doesn't even pay for the cost of driving related offenses.
Losses from alcohol dwarf any from marijuana.

You don't have the auto accidents, domestic abuse, property damage, deaths with marijuana use that you do with booze.
You will. The more widespread the use the more damage. One man shoots his wife, another eats the eyeballs out of another man's head, a group of potties laugh as they watch a man drown.

Just increase that. It's an approximation of what you will get.
Murder is as old as Cain and Able. Pot doesn't change the equation.

I think some counties in Alabama are still dry. I can't imagine living in a place where you can't buy a beer or have a glass wine with dinner.
God Bless America!

211tdvk.jpg

Important stuff!
It is important stuff. Colorado is seeing tens of millions in increased sales taxes, enabling them to keep other taxes lower while not diminishing services.

Alcohol is heavily taxed. It's been taxed for years and has never been able to pay for the losses drinking incurs. Never. Not even close. The taxes on alcohol doesn't even pay for the cost of driving related offenses.

You don't have the auto accidents, domestic abuse, property damage, deaths with marijuana use that you do with booze.
You will. The more widespread the use the more damage. One man shoots his wife, another eats the eyeballs out of another man's head, a group of potties laugh as they watch a man drown.

It does when it's unintentional and would never have happened if it were not for drug impairment.

If it were not for pot, would this kid have jumped four stories to impale himself?

Pot Death: Teen Leaps 4 Stories After Eating Marijuana Cookie

And you haven't even gotten to those both drunk and stoned.

It sucks that you can't buy a six pack on Sunday in Mississippi. That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you.

The least that the Federal govt should do is remove the Federal penalties for marijuana, and hemp.
That's the local population making a vote. If that same local population voted to legalize pot, would you be spouting "That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you"? I doubt it.
Legalizing pot wouldn't be a religion-based decision, like Sunday alcohol bans.
Dude, it's all based upon local ideology. Do you want to impose your ideology across the nation or not?
You're trying to change my argument from religion to ideology. I'm not arguing ideology. I don't want legal marijuana because it's what Liberals should want. I want it because there is no valid reason why it should be illegal. Especially when there are worse substances - like alcohol - that are legal.
Here's what I don't get. Why would you want to ADD to the misery that alcohol and nicotine bring to society?
I thought conservatives believed in choice? I choose to not smoke cigarettes, I choose to drink alcohol and smoke marijuana in moderation.

You people always claim you want government out of your lives and to stop telling you what you can and can't do - except when you don't.

Important stuff!

Sorry, but you conservatives love to make these predictions, and you're always wrong.

That's the local population making a vote. If that same local population voted to legalize pot, would you be spouting "That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you"? I doubt it.
Legalizing pot wouldn't be a religion-based decision, like Sunday alcohol bans.
Dude, it's all based upon local ideology. Do you want to impose your ideology across the nation or not?
You're trying to change my argument from religion to ideology. I'm not arguing ideology. I don't want legal marijuana because it's what Liberals should want. I want it because there is no valid reason why it should be illegal. Especially when there are worse substances - like alcohol - that are legal.
Here's what I don't get. Why would you want to ADD to the misery that alcohol and nicotine bring to society?
I thought conservatives believed in choice? I choose to not smoke cigarettes, I choose to drink alcohol and smoke marijuana in moderation.

You people always claim you want government out of your lives and to stop telling you what you can and can't do - except when you don't.
Not now, now it's time for them to rise up and crush the opposition, just as soon as they sober up and stop wanting the world to die miserably, since they are...

It does when it's unintentional and would never have happened if it were not for drug impairment.

If it were not for pot, would this kid have jumped four stories to impale himself?

Stop being stupid.

No one gets high on tobacco.
its very addictive and very hard to quit and slowly kills you if you are a more than avg smoker.....like you did not know that...
All true. But that isn't the objection. The complaints you have against tobacco you can have against sugar. Marijuana impairs one's ability to think clearly and make sound decisions. That's what's wrong with pot and the potties who use.
The complaints you have against tobacco you can have against sugar.
you can have it against fast food....red meat....prescription drugs....the list goes on doesnt it....

No one gets high on tobacco.
its very addictive and very hard to quit and slowly kills you if you are a more than avg smoker.....like you did not know that...
Pot damages the lung more than cigs!
thats debatable.....i smoked a lot in the 70's with a bong,so so in the 80's some in the 90's hardly at all since 2000....had a lung X-Ray 3 months ago because my doctor thought because of that smoking i should have one.....he was amazed at how good it was,he said i would never know you smoked...
I posted literature that says differently. BTW did you know that pot is sooooooo much stronger now than when you smoked it?
yes i know....did you know that you can vape it now and it takes out much of the shit because its heated and not combusted?....... also short puffs not the deep ones and you dont inhale the smoke.....its called science....

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!

Alcohol and tobacco are drugs, along with all sorts of things coming out of pharma companies.
Tobacco does not impair the ability to drive. Driving while impaired from pot is a growing concern because pot involved accidents are increasingly deadly.

Alcohol does.

People drink and drive and it's illegal over a certain limit, isn't it? Are you suggesting we ban alcohol?

Is is illegal to drive drunk or drive when you have been drinking. It's already banned. Ban pot the same way. From what I have read, stoned drivers are less likely to get into an accident than drunk drivers, but stoned drivers are more likely to be involved in a deadly accident than drunk drivers.

Well isn't that the point? Ban pot driving, rather than pot.

Pot is NOT addictive, but pot haters are juuuuust fine allowing " prescribed" meds to be taken like candy. Which is thousands of times more dangerous, and addictive. Those are the people who teach kids, do surgery, fix your teeth, work at a bank. Functional addicts until they hit bottom.
Pot is addictive for some people. Trust me, I'm a musician.
Some people can't handle drinking responsibly. Should they be banned from drinking?
Are you trying to deflect from the claim that potheads are non violent?

If rhe victim had a gun these potheads would not be beating anyone else up. Pot does not make someone peaceful. Potheads do not want to sit around and eat chips. They are violent killers.

You list ONE case of violence involving pot. Now go ahead and share about 5,000 more and you might have a point. And before you go listing ones about gang members committing crimes while high... use some common sense, because the gang members are not committing crimes because of pot, it's because they are fucking gang members.
Every time a pothead smokes in public they are committing an act of violence by injecting a mind-altering poison into others' bodies in their vicinity. Children and babies included. Creepy. It's becoming epidemic with the decriminalization of pot. The public sphere is being held hostage by ignorance.

Did you write "Reefer Madness"?

Doesn't your argument also apply to alcohol?

I meant fast food has a horrible effect on people but we don't ban it. Its chock full of preservatives and sugars and sodium. Its downright frightening. But banning it isnt the answer. Eating it perhaps once a month should be ok.
The speed at which a meal is served has no effect on it's nutritional content. So demonizing "fast food" is simply ridiculous.

Forum List

Back