Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

No one gets high on tobacco.
its very addictive and very hard to quit and slowly kills you if you are a more than avg smoker.....like you did not know that...
Pot damages the lung more than cigs!
thats debatable.....i smoked a lot in the 70's with a bong,so so in the 80's some in the 90's hardly at all since 2000....had a lung X-Ray 3 months ago because my doctor thought because of that smoking i should have one.....he was amazed at how good it was,he said i would never know you smoked...
I posted literature that says differently. BTW did you know that pot is sooooooo much stronger now than when you smoked it?
yes i know....did you know that you can vape it now and it takes out much of the shit because its heated and not combusted?....... also short puffs not the deep ones and you dont inhale the smoke.....its called science....
No Harry D, I don't know! I don't do it!

its very addictive and very hard to quit and slowly kills you if you are a more than avg smoker.....like you did not know that...
Pot damages the lung more than cigs!
thats debatable.....i smoked a lot in the 70's with a bong,so so in the 80's some in the 90's hardly at all since 2000....had a lung X-Ray 3 months ago because my doctor thought because of that smoking i should have one.....he was amazed at how good it was,he said i would never know you smoked...
I posted literature that says differently. BTW did you know that pot is sooooooo much stronger now than when you smoked it?
yes i know....did you know that you can vape it now and it takes out much of the shit because its heated and not combusted?....... also short puffs not the deep ones and you dont inhale the smoke.....its called science....
No Harry D, I don't know! I don't do it!
i know you dont....just thought i would give you some info....

Might as well, the entire country either wants to be high on pot, or prescription drugs.
Goddamn losers.
Actually the most commonly consumed addictive drug in America is caffeine.
I normally drink 2 to 4 cups of coffee a day and have for many years. However, I can easily skip coffee with no symptoms at all. I have done it many times.

Some people have addictive personalities that predisposed them to developing addictions. I have seen young people that have serious problems when they don't have access to gaming. My son-in-law spent most of his life going from one addiction to another, alcohol, tobacco, gambling, drugs coffee, overeating, etc. As soon as he kicked one he would develop another addiction. I know there are many drugs that are physically addictive with terrible consequences but some people can be mentally addicted to just about anything and symptoms can be as bad as physical addiction.

Pot is addictive for some people. Trust me, I'm a musician.
Some people can't handle drinking responsibly. Should they be banned from drinking?
Are you trying to deflect from the claim that potheads are non violent?

If rhe victim had a gun these potheads would not be beating anyone else up. Pot does not make someone peaceful. Potheads do not want to sit around and eat chips. They are violent killers.

You list ONE case of violence involving pot. Now go ahead and share about 5,000 more and you might have a point. And before you go listing ones about gang members committing crimes while high... use some common sense, because the gang members are not committing crimes because of pot, it's because they are fucking gang members.
Every time a pothead smokes in public they are committing an act of violence by injecting a mind-altering poison into others' bodies in their vicinity. Children and babies included. Creepy. It's becoming epidemic with the decriminalization of pot. The public sphere is being held hostage by ignorance.

Did you write "Reefer Madness"?
Whenever someone goes down the Reefer Madness road they demonstrate naivete and backwards ignorance.
You need to catch up by about 50 years.
Most of the harmful effects of pot were not yet known back in the 1960's when we beta testers were using the phallacy of Reefer Madness as an excuse to dismiss pot critics of that time. Still very much like you backwards pot advocates of today.

you mean dr tipsy,the one who speaks from experience?...
You've smoked pot for 50 years. That's how you know it's not addictive.

Do you know how absurd that sounds?

Did you not read my post? Did I smoke pot everyday? Nope, even in the military probably a couple times a week. Then weekends then didn't for quite a few years. In past year have had 3 joints and two pieces of chocolate medicinal.

What give you the right to tell me what I can and cannot do?
What gives you the right to inject THC into other people's systems, which is exactly what happens if you smoke that shit in public?
you would have to have a group of people smoking to get that or you would have to be standing downwind right next to the person smoking,and i doubt that happens to you because you are too dam paranoid.......
Who are you to determine what is harmful to others?
Boomer: It's True, I Had Second-Hand High During 'MNF' Broadcast
My car was filled with pot smoke a couple of weeks back. From the car of potheads in front of me at an intersection. What if I had children or a baby in a car seat in my car? You're OK with that?
You are hallucinating.

I've wondered how where it is legal people pass drug tests in employment.

I know at my husband's firm you flunk you're gone

Some employers have relaxed if marijuana found, but nothing else.

Depends on the job. Anyone testing positive for marijuana will be prohibited from driving a commercial vehicle until they go through a drug treatment program.

Yes agreed it does depend on the job. Office workers and some assisted living facilities test but not for marijuana where i'm from.
I have heard that PC game developers will start testing.

If you come up negative for pot, they don't hire you!

Is the problem with marijuana addiction or misplaced moral standards? Everything is dangerous if not used correctly and/or in moderation. There is such a thing as dying from drinking too much water. There are those who can't stop drinking water due to some sort of mental glitch, and can die if not closely monitored around the drinking fountain. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I take a lot of medicine, mostly for pain control. The meds are beginning to cause pain, and if a healthy person took the meds that I take by accident, they'd likely die. As another example, cancer drugs are lethal to everyone. Looked at with this perspective, addiction to marijuana doesn't sound too dangerous to me. If a couple of hash brownies a day mellowed me out, and took the pain down to a bearable level - I would ask for it. This has become a serious thought process for me. Legalizing it and gaining tax revenue will give marijuana the proper veneer of social acceptance. Not that I care about social acceptance; it's just easier not to be hassled for using it.

I have never heard of anyone stoned on water. There is a condition called water intoxication caused by drinking huge,amounts of water and not urinating. That's not a usual response.

Marijuana causes cognitive impairment and impedes judgment as well as causing heart attacks.

I have never heard of anyone stoned on water. There is a condition called water intoxication caused by drinking huge,amounts of water and not urinating. That's not a usual response.

Marijuana causes cognitive impairment and impedes judgment as well as causing heart attacks.
The water intoxication is how you have defined it - I couldn't remember the details, other than I knew someone who would drink water until he had real dangerous problems. His care giver told me he could die. I have heart problems, and have some scarring, but my cardio man won't call it a heart attack - but I'm at risk and have been for years. Cognitive impairment - is an issue with my meds already. Once your health is compromised, it can't be made right again. 'Tis a quandary. It would be great not to deal with so much pain.

Maybe you need to read the entire post before you blow your own horn. I didn't mention dying from marijuana - it was water intoxication. I am interested in the pain relief effects of marijuana - not reading posts from a sarcastic troll like you.

Yet nobody has ever died from Marijuana overdose.

Seriously why do people as dumb as you have to be allowed to post on internet forums?

Cannabinoid Poisoning: Background, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology

Acute cannabis toxicity results in difficulty with coordination, decreased muscle strength, decreased hand steadiness, postural hypotension, lethargy, decreased concentration, slowed reaction time, slurred speech, and conjunctival injection. Large doses of THC may produce confusion, amnesia, delusions, hallucinations, anxiety, and agitation, but most episodes remit rapidly. Long-term users may experience paranoia, panic disorder, fear, or dysphoria.

You can say the same about Twinkies

So, do you also support banning Twinkies?

Does anyone get stoned on Twinkies?
Is there such a thing as "medicinal Twinkies"?
Does anyone make a claim of health benefits from Twinkies?

Actually Hostess needs to be sued for putting that crap out.

It is important stuff. Colorado is seeing tens of millions in increased sales taxes, enabling them to keep other taxes lower while not diminishing services.
They will still not be able to cover the losses drug use incurs.

Alcohol is heavily taxed. It's been taxed for years and has never been able to pay for the losses drinking incurs. Never. Not even close. The taxes on alcohol doesn't even pay for the cost of driving related offenses.
Losses from alcohol dwarf any from marijuana.

You don't have the auto accidents, domestic abuse, property damage, deaths with marijuana use that you do with booze.
You will. The more widespread the use the more damage. One man shoots his wife, another eats the eyeballs out of another man's head, a group of potties laugh as they watch a man drown.

Just increase that. It's an approximation of what you will get.
Murder is as old as Cain and Able. Pot doesn't change the equation.
It does when it's unintentional and would never have happened if it were not for drug impairment.

If it were not for pot, would this kid have jumped four stories to impale himself?

Pot Death: Teen Leaps 4 Stories After Eating Marijuana Cookie

And you haven't even gotten to those both drunk and stoned.

Teen Alcohol Use - Teen Suicide

Teen Alcohol Use

Alcohol is the drug most commonly used among teens. While most teens say they disapprove of heavy drinking, teen alcohol abuse still occurs. And alcohol is one of the risk factors associated with teen suicide. Keep reading for more on teen alcohol use, abuse, and dependency.

And, despite assertions by teens to the contrary, 80 percent of high school seniors have used alcohol at some point. However, most teens underestimate the problems that drinking alcohol can pose, and many of them do not even realize that it can contribute to depressive symptoms that can eventually result in teen suicide.

Risk factors involved in teen alcohol abuse

While teen alcohol abuse is not terribly rampant, it can contribute to teen depression and suicide. Here are some of the risk factors that can trigger alcohol abuse:

• Mental and emotional problems. Because emotional and mental disorders can be so stressful, many teenagers seek alcohol as a means of self-medication. When they drink alcohol, their problems seem to shrink. The initial euphoria that comes with the first stages of intoxication can be a welcome release from mental and emotional problems.
  • Family history. Teenagers who have a family history of alcohol abuse are at risk of teen alcohol abuse. This is because addictions are partially genetic, and also because a teenager living in a home where alcohol is abused is exposed to alcohol on a regular basis, and often has the means to easily obtain it.
  • Family situation. A stressful situation at home can lead to escapism through alcohol and, as a result, a developed dependency upon it.
  • Violence. Teenagers who experience sexual, physical, mental or emotional violence, or who witness it regularly, can be more prone to teen alcohol abuse. Alcohol becomes a way to deal with the problems and to forget reality for a time.
Teen alcohol abuse and teen suicide

Many teenagers, especially those who are subject to teen depression, feel as though they only feel “normal” when taking alcohol. Additionally, the changes that the body experiences while on alcohol are of a limited duration. When the “buzz” wears off, teenagers might feel even more depressed than they did before. These feelings can lead to suicidal thoughts, and even teen suicide attempts. Teens who recognize they have a dependency can begin to feel helpless, as though they will never escape their alcohol abuse. These feelings of hopelessness and increased depression can also lead to teen suicide. Teen alcohol abuse is one of the risk factors of teen suicide, and it is important to recognize the problems that an alcohol addiction can cause.

Getting help for teen alcohol abuse

It is important to get help for teen alcohol abuse before it develops into a problem that can lead to destructive behaviors, including problems with holding a job, schoolwork, drug addiction, prolonged depression, and even teen suicide. There are many alcohol treatment problems geared toward helping teens overcome the addiction. Therapy is often a good idea in order to help teens work through depression and suicidal thoughts and feelings. This is especially important as withdrawal symptoms associated with teen alcohol abuse can be quite severe and discouraging. Support and care by family and friends is essential to the treatment process.

Teen Alcohol Use Main Source Material: “Teens and Alcohol,” Resource Center. National Youth Violence Prevention. [Online.]

Related Article: Teen Drug Abuse >>

Forum List

Back