Senate’s tea-party caucus will have a new member next year

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Being anti-establishment is so cool these days. :clap2:

Texas GOP chooses tea party-backed Cruz for Senate - Yahoo! News
Tea party-backed Ted Cruz has defeated Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate.

The former state solicitor general won the runoff Tuesday. He’d lost the May 29 primary by a large margin but forced the runoff because Dewhurst fell short of a majority. Cruz advances to the November election to succeed retiring Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Open thread: Texas; Update: AP calls it for Cruz « Hot Air

Via NRO-

"Says Dan Foster of NRO, “This is how you make the Senate more conservative, primary a guy in a safe seat with an excellent challenger. This is the anti-Delaware ’10.” I’ll bet Cruz is already being slotted for a speech at the convention."

I would not bet against that.

Tea party-backed Ted Cruz has defeated Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate.

The former state solicitor general won the runoff Tuesday. He’d lost the May 29 primary by a large margin but forced the runoff because Dewhurst fell short of a majority. Cruz advances to the November election to succeed retiring Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Via NRO-

"Says Dan Foster of NRO, “This is how you make the Senate more conservative, primary a guy in a safe seat with an excellent challenger. This is the anti-Delaware ’10.” I’ll bet Cruz is already being slotted for a speech at the convention."

Republicans turn out for their WORST, stay home when the best run. No doubt turnout will be massive for this tea freak.

Via NRO-

Republicans turn out for their WORST, stay home when the best run. No doubt turnout will be massive for this tea freak.

tea freak? When will people learn that the Tea Party represents regular people who are tired of paying for people who take. Did you fail to learn anything in 2010, and Wisconsin? Apparently.

Well wait a darn minute...I'm just sure I saw a few threads recently about how the TP was dead and buried, no longer relevant...a distant memory. Hmm...

im like michelle obama im finally proud of this country. lol way to go tea party.

How many people posting on this topic actually live in Texas and know anything about Cruz, Dewhurst and this race outside of what you read from partisan sources? I do live in Texas and I can tell you what turned the race for Cruz at least in my opinion was the over the top negative ads by Dewhurst. This is something both sides should pay attention to this time it seems the negative ads cost the candidate and I think it could be a sign of things to come in November.

Via NRO-

Freak? Really? So if I asked you to critique the Tea Party platform of constitutionality, limited government, low taxes, and free markets, your answer would be what? "You're a Mr poopy pants"?

How many people posting on this topic actually live in Texas and know anything about Cruz, Dewhurst and this race outside of what you read from partisan sources? I do live in Texas and I can tell you what turned the race for Cruz at least in my opinion was the over the top negative ads by Dewhurst. This is something both sides should pay attention to this time it seems the negative ads cost the candidate and I think it could be a sign of things to come in November.

Good point however a Senate seat is a little bigger of a deal than some rinky-dink House seat. There are clearly some national implications to not just taking back the Senate but taking it back in a way that matters.

Money and negative ads are the present, past and future.

We are still a center right Republic. It would be nice to have a center right Congress, Court and POTUS to go along with it.

I was going to vote Cruz anyway, but you are right... the neg ads were a bad thing in Dewhurst's case.
Especially the suicide one... wow.

I was going to vote Cruz anyway, but you are right... the neg ads were a bad thing in Dewhurst's case.
Especially the suicide one... wow.
That one was about as bad as you could get but I also think Dewhurst pushed that China thing way to much as well.

It is a great day. The more division in the GOP, the better it is for the voices of moderation. Hopefully, the GOP will be split in two by 2032.

Really, after Romney loses...what do you think the 2016 candidate will be? Stalin or someone not so moderate?

It is a great day. The more division in the GOP, the better it is for the voices of moderation. Hopefully, the GOP will be split in two by 2032.

Really, after Romney loses...what do you think the 2016 candidate will be? Stalin or someone not so moderate?

That is one of the dumbest things I have seen posted here in awhile.

ill take that bet, im sure there was something dumb not two hours ago, lol :tongue:

I thought it was the left screaming that all Republicans walk lock step with each other.

:lol:

The left cant even make up their minds.

Who represents the TEA party views, the leaders of the party in Congress? Governor Romney? What member of the party leadership speaks for the TEA party?

Who?

I thought it was the left screaming that all Republicans walk lock step with each other.

:lol:

The left cant even make up their minds.

There is the right wing then there is the hard right wing. The GOP is moving further away from the middle and thats good for moderates like myself.

Forum List

Back