Senate passes unanimous resolution avowing a free press

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'In a uniform decision Thursday, the U.S. Senate voted to "reaffirm the vital and indispensable role the free press serves."

Why it matters: The resolution comes on the heels of a nationwide push by hundreds of local and national newspapers to publish editorials standing up for the press in response to President Trump's claims the press is an "enemy of the people."'

Good for the Senate.

'In a uniform decision Thursday, the U.S. Senate voted to "reaffirm the vital and indispensable role the free press serves."

Why it matters: The resolution comes on the heels of a nationwide push by hundreds of local and national newspapers to publish editorials standing up for the press in response to President Trump's claims the press is an "enemy of the people."'

Good for the Senate.

Virtue signaling, nothing more.

Good for the Senate.
aka "The Grandstanding Resolution"

Good for the Senate.

Does that include Alex Jones and Infowars? Does it include those that have had their youtube channels deleted from the web? Facebook deletions of citizen journalists that do the job that the lamestream "Operation Mockingbird" media refuses to do because six conglomerates own 90 percent of what is printed and aired????

Attachments

• 10556470_864967480213455_5100730829840727896_n.png
    10556470_864967480213455_5100730829840727896_n.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 35

Good for the Senate.

Does that include Alex Jones and Infowars? Does it include those that have had their youtube channels deleted from the web? Facebook deletions of citizen journalists that do the job that the lamestream "Operation Mockingbird" media refuses to do because six conglomerates own 90 percent of what is printed and aired????

Bill of Rights for the Internet! :clap2:

NOTHING LESS

Good for the Senate.

Alex Jones isn’t a reporter and is not an member of the press. He is an actor, an entertainer and a provocateur.

Good for the Senate.

Nice to see they can agree on at least part of the 1st Amendment, given some of the commiecrats up there I wouldn't have bet on even that.

Good for the Senate.

Alex Jones isn’t a reporter and is not an member of the press. He is an actor, an entertainer and a provocateur.

Oddly enough, Infowars has been "straight on point" about numerous news events that the lamestream media either refused to cover until much later or not at all. I find it hilarious that the leftard clown posse trumpeted the work of Alex Jones and Infowars when they were exposing Bush II and the evil neocon agenda.......my oh my, how times have changed.

So shut your piehole, "lady" and in your case, I use the word "lady" VERY loosely.

Good for the Senate.

Oddly enough, Infowars has been "straight on point" about numerous news events that the lamestream media either refused to cover until much later or not at all. I find it hilarious that the leftard clown posse trumpeted the work of Alex Jones and Infowars when they were exposing Bush II and the evil neocon agenda.......my oh my, how times have changed.

So shut your piehole, "lady" and in your case, I use the word "lady" VERY loosely.

Jones may have started well but he went right off the rails with his conspiracy bullshit and I truly hope the Sandy Hook families bankrupt the asshole. What he did to them is unconscionable.

Thanks for my laugh of the day. An tin foil hat wearing idiot who has never met a conspiracy theory he didn’t think was plausible, thinks he can tell me what to do. Good luck with that.

Edited to ad: I just googled Jones law suit to see how that was progressing and I discovered that the just FCC shut down Jones’ pirate radio station, which has been operating illegally since 2013, and fined him $15,000.

FCC Shuts Down Liberty Radio, Alex Jones' Pirate Flagship Radio Station

This is me smiling.

Last edited:

Good for the Senate.

Pure garbage....

Good for the Senate.

Jones may have started well but he went right off the rails with his conspiracy bullshit and I truly hope the Sandy Hook families bankrupt the asshole. What he did to them is unconscionable.

Thanks for my laugh of the day. An tin foil hat wearing idiot who has never met a conspiracy theory he didn’t think was plausible, thinks he can tell me what to do. Good luck with that.

Edited to ad: I just googled Jones law suit to see how that was progressing and I discovered that the just FCC shut down Jones’ pirate radio station, which has been operating illegally since 2013, and fined him $15,000.

This is me smiling.

Sandy Hook was a hoax, a DHS capstone drill and I would GLADLY testify in a lawsuit and ask for discovery of the NUMEROUS documents that have been heavily redacted or not released at all under the FOIA. Alex Jones straddled the fence on Sandy Hoax and because he had people on like Wolfgang Halbig, a former Florida state trooper and school safety security advisor that was being threatened for asking questions? All of the sudden Alex Jones was public enemy #1 to the leftard clown posse.

BTW, did you know that Lenny "poseur" Pozner, the gatekeeper of this fraud sued Wolfgang Halbig? That Wolfgang Halbig's family was harassed, their employers contacted to try and get them fired? Well guess what,they were not able to bankrupt Halbig with attorney fees because people like myself donated for his defense and when it came time for Lenny Pozner to give his deposition under oath? He bailed and dropped the lawsuit. Halbig has countered with a lawsuit of his own. This isn't over...not by a long shot. You want to debate me on the poorly pulled off Sandy Hoax shooting? Bring it on...and have something other than the "Uh-uh!?!?!" defense, m'kay?

Good for the Senate.

Pure garbage....

Dupe!!!!

Good for the Senate.

Yep, it includes them all, false and misleading news, conspiracy theories, and out right liars. Having a free media is disturbing as it was meant to be.

Good for the Senate.

This is me smiling.

Sandy Hook was a hoax, a DHS capstone drill and I would GLADLY testify in a lawsuit and ask for discovery of the NUMEROUS documents that have been heavily redacted or not released at all under the FOIA. Alex Jones straddled the fence on Sandy Hoax and because he had people on like Wolfgang Halbig, a former Florida state trooper and school safety security advisor that was being threatened for asking questions? All of the sudden Alex Jones was public enemy #1 to the leftard clown posse.

BTW, did you know that Lenny "poseur" Pozner, the gatekeeper of this fraud sued Wolfgang Halbig? That Wolfgang Halbig's family was harassed, their employers contacted to try and get them fired? Well guess what,they were not able to bankrupt Halbig with attorney fees because people like myself donated for his defense and when it came time for Lenny Pozner to give his deposition under oath? He bailed and dropped the lawsuit. Halbig has countered with a lawsuit of his own. This isn't over...not by a long shot. You want to debate me on the poorly pulled off Sandy Hoax shooting? Bring it on...and have something other than the "Uh-uh!?!?!" defense, m'kay?
Recent events involving privately owned media and communications platforms not allowing third parties access to their platforms is only a First Amendment issue to the owners of rhe platforms, and not Alex Jones and Info wars, etc. Jones and Info wars can continue to publish their free speech, they just are nor able to force private publications or platforms to carry their content. Private platforms and publications continue to have rhe right to control what they cover.

This is me smiling.

Recent events involving privately owned media and communications platforms not allowing third parties access to their platforms is only a First Amendment issue to the owners of rhe platforms, and not Alex Jones and Info wars, etc. Jones and Info wars can continue to publish their free speech, they just are nor able to force private publications or platforms to carry their content. Private platforms and publications continue to have rhe right to control what they cover.

Then these private platforms that represent their product as an avenue for free thought and an exchange of opinions need to be either defined as public utility or have to add a disclaimer.

Good for the Senate.
It doesn't matter one bit. It's political grandstanding by a gang of useless douchebags.

Good for the Senate.

Yep, it includes them all, false and misleading news, conspiracy theories, and out right liars. Having a free media is disturbing as it was meant to be.

The only false and misleading news that I have seen is that of the lamestream media that get their marching orders from the heads of the six media conglomerates that have seats on the same elite committees and control 90 percent of all media.

Forum List

Back