Trump Rebuked By Arhitect Of Bin Laden Raid

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
A bitch slap just doesn't get any worse than this.

Retired Adm. William McRaven, the man who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden, issued a stunning rebuke of President Donald Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan on Thursday, defending the former spy chief as "one of the finest public servants I have ever known."

In an op-ed published by the Washington Post, McRaven, a former Navy SEAL who led US Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014, not only called Brennan "a man of unparalleled integrity," but volunteered to have his own security clearance revoked in an act of solidarity.
"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him," McRaven wrote.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," he added.

Architect of bin Laden raid issues stunning rebuke of Trump - CNNPolitics

Retired Adm. William McRaven, the man who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden, issued a stunning rebuke of President Donald Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan on Thursday, defending the former spy chief as "one of the finest public servants I have ever known."

In an op-ed published by the Washington Post, McRaven, a former Navy SEAL who led US Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014, not only called Brennan "a man of unparalleled integrity," but volunteered to have his own security clearance revoked in an act of solidarity.
"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him," McRaven wrote.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," he added.

:CryingCow:

Opinion | Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.

:1peleas:

Opinion | Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.

:1peleas:
Lol
You do realize we have had over 100 years of failure by career politicians, so shut the fuck up...

Site Wide Rules And Guidelines:

When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges.

Why doesn't this McRaven character make a REAL protest and set a REAL example for his men, by asking the President to have his pension and benefits stripped? That would really show Mr. Trump.

Really, if he doesn't want to serve his country and his president any more, he should definitely show a little initiative

John O Brennan is off the deep end. Even if he was still on the job at CIA, stripping him of his security clearance would be the wise thing to do.

If he was still on the job, the Backer of Communist Strongman Gus Hall was so unstable he called the President a "traitor".

I would think that Mr. Brennan would be better off working at Langley replacing the cakes inside the urinals, instead of actually trusting someone this fragile with classified info

Brennan is no longer CIA director.
So what in hell does he need a security clearance for?
Thread is irrelevant.

The thread is very relevant. It doesn't matter whether he needs it or not. It was a abuse of his authority. It is a impeachable offense.

John O Brennan is off the deep end. Even if he was still on the job at CIA, stripping him of his security clearance would be the wise thing to do.

If he was still on the job, the Backer of Communist Strongman Gus Hall was so unstable he called the President a "traitor".

I would think that Mr. Brennan would be better off working at Langley replacing the cakes inside the urinals, instead of actually trusting someone this fragile with classified info

If anyone is sick it is Donald Trump. His security clearance should be revoked.

This Admiral is a true hero. He is 100% right. Trump is a cowardly dog who had bone spurs. Compared to this man, Trump ius a petulant 5 year old c hild.

Not a bitchslap, just business as usual...liberal McRaven hates Trump just like liberal Brennan hates Trump. McRaven's Democrat party political ambitions are well known and well documented.

But as per their modus operandi, somehow those bastions of truth, the "free press" journalists keep leaving this part out...

An article from 2015, the left leaning Observer:

How the Democrats Can Win: Admiral William H. McRaven for President

"IT has long been rumored that [McRaven] left his job at Special Ops and took the position of chancellor of the UT system to prepare for a possibe job ahead as President Hillary Clinton’s Vice President."​

Well known liberal and potential Hillary running mate doesn't like Trump.

In other late breaking news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

Last edited:
Thread is irrelevant.

The thread is very relevant. It doesn't matter whether he needs it or not. It was a abuse of his authority. It is a impeachable offense.
It was not an abuse of authority and certainly not an unimpeachable offense. That's why you won't see anyone talking about impeachment. But you.

So what?

This Admiral is a true hero. He is 100% right. Trump is a cowardly dog who had bone spurs. Compared to this man, Trump ius a petulant 5 year old c hild.

Just because someone had a disability and were unable to serve doesn't make them "cowardly".

Further, this was before the ADA passed, they didn't have handicapped accessible ramps off of the landing craft at Iwo Jima.

Check out the John Wayne classic, Sands of Iwo Jima- absolutely no ramps for Marines in wheelchairs or on crutches from the landing craft. That kind of accommodation wasn't done then

Not a bitchslap, just business as usual...liberal McRaven hates Trump just like liberal Brennan hates Trump. McRaven's Democrat party political ambitions are well known and well documented.

But as per their modus operandi, somehow those bastions of truth, the "free press" journalists keep leaving this part out...

"IT has long been rumored that [McRaven] left his job at Special Ops and took the position of chancellor of the UT system to prepare for a possibe job ahead as President Hillary Clinton’s Vice President."​

Thread is irrelevant.

It was not an abuse of authority and certainly not an unimpeachable offense. That's why you won't see anyone talking about impeachment. But you.

It certainly was. Politicizing the process of security clearances to get back at your enemies is certainly a impeachable offense.

Just because someone had a disability and were unable to serve doesn't make them "cowardly".

Further, this was before the ADA passed, they didn't have handicapped accessible ramps off of the landing craft at Iwo Jima.

Check out the John Wayne classic, Sands of Iwo Jima- absolutely no ramps for Marines in wheelchairs or on crutches from the landing craft. That kind of accommodation wasn't done then

What disability. He had no disability. You really are a funny guy.

Thread is irrelevant.

How can it be an abuse of his authority if he is the ultimate authority, dumbass?

Thread is irrelevant.

It certainly was. Politicizing the process of security clearances to get back at your enemies is certainly a impeachable offense.

Why does he need a security clearance?

I had a TS SCI clearance when I worked with nukes which I can neither confirm nor deny existed. Why don't I still have it? Could it be that I have no need for it anymore?

Forum List

Back