Senate Democrats Demand Supreme Court Nominee Not Be Unduly Influenced By U.S. Constitution

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
chucky-1024x580.jpg

This comes from the Federalist Papers and I’ve highlighted what I think addresses this ridiculous claim by the DimocRATs.

This independence of the judges is equally requisite to guard the Constitution and the rights of individuals from the effects of those ill humors, which the arts of designing men, or the influence of particular conjunctures, sometimes disseminate among the people themselves, and which, though they speedily give place to better information, and more deliberate reflection, have a tendency, in the meantime, to occasion dangerous innovations in the government, and serious oppressions of the minor party in the community. Though I trust the friends of the proposed Constitution will never concur with its enemies, [3] in questioning that fundamental principle of republican government, which admits the right of the people to alter or abolish the established Constitution, whenever they find it inconsistent with their happiness, yet it is not to be inferred from this principle, that the representatives of the people, whenever a momentary inclination happens to lay hold of a majority of their constituents, incompatible with the provisions in the existing Constitution, would, on that account, be justifiable in a violation of those provisions; or that the courts would be under a greater obligation to connive at infractions in this shape, than when they had proceeded wholly from the cabals of the representative body. Until the people have, by some solemn and authoritative act, annulled or changed the established form, it is binding upon themselves collectively, as well as individually; and no presumption, or even knowledge, of their sentiments, can warrant their representatives in a departure from it, prior to such an act. But it is easy to see, that it would require an uncommon portion of fortitude in the judges to do their duty as faithful guardians of the Constitution, where legislative invasions of it had been instigated by the major voice of the community.

From everything I’ve read, the most important responsibility of the Supreme Court is to ensure that all laws and regulations adhere to the fundamentals of the Constitution. That being the case, how can DimocRATs be so ignorant as to demand Supreme Court nominee not be Unduly Influenced By U.S. Constitution? Are they truly that dense?

More of this ridiculous claim @ Senate Democrats Demand Supreme Court Nominee Not Be Unduly Influenced By U.S. Constitution

While the Nominee will be aggressively questioned, excoriated, and may even have bad things made up about him or her (e.g., Judge Roy Moore), I think the Republicans have the ability to ensure that someone who respects the Constitution will replace Justice Kennedy.

This is why I voted for Trump.

While the Nominee will be aggressively questioned, excoriated, and may even have bad things made up about him or her (e.g., Judge Roy Moore), I think the Republicans have the ability to ensure that someone who respects the Constitution will replace Justice Kennedy.

So a Roy Moore supporter.

I find it ridiculous to the pint of funny that in our great country where we rely on the USSC thjat who gets to be judge is determined by a reality show host, fraud, business cheat, liar whose fate in current investigations my rely on that same court.

So a Roy Moore supporter.

I find it ridiculous to the pint of funny that in our great country where we rely on the USSC thjat who gets to be judge is determined by a reality show host, fraud, business cheat, liar whose fate in current investigations my rely on that same court.
You wanted the murdering drunk to it? You Lost, badly. Ginsburg is 85 and a TRUMP re-election means that bitch has to live to at LEAST 92.Good luck with that.

P.S. WTF is a pint of funny?

To bad Liberals, Trump won the election and the GOP has a Senate majority. Trump gets to pick.

To bad Liberals, Trump won the election and the GOP has a Senate majority. Trump gets to pick.
Yes the GOP set the precedent that all future SC Justices can only be selected when a Senate and Presidency are of the same party and ideology. Activist judges from now until the end of the Republic.

Yes the GOP set the precedent that all future SC Justices can only be selected when a Senate and Presidency are of the same party and ideology. Activist judges from now until the end of the Republic.

But for now just judges that interpret the Constitution.

With far right bias

With far right bias

Yea, telling people the don't have to pay union dues for a political cause they don't believe in is extreme bias. smh

This makes sense as they don’t like laws anyway but do like illegals who also don’t like laws.

Senate Democrats Demand Supreme Court Nominee Not Be Unduly Influenced By U.S. Constitution

That's like an auto shop insisting the mechanics they're going to hire not be familiar with how a drive train works. :lmao:

Forum List

Back