Sen. Susan Collins hits back at 'mischaracterization and misunderstanding' of impeachment stance

Since no one proved there was a lie, you are making false accusations which means you are a liar. And liars and slanderers cannot enter in to The Kingdom of Heaven.

Libtards constantly run off at the mouth. They have verbal diarrhea. And, the fucking Democrats never proved that Judge Kavanaugh raped anyone. Dumbasses.
Doesn’t help Collins does it?

Collins selling out her values on Kavanaugh and Trump will not help her
Dosen’t help you either lying about a rape allegation you cannot prove. What it proves is that you are a liar.

Kavenaugh was not being prosecuted
His past was being brought up to determine if he would make an acceptable justice

Republicans ignored his sordid past

Kavanaugh was a scumbag. I believe every witness that was brought against him as well as the others who spoke out. I felt the same way about Clarence Thomas in 1991 (and yes, Joe Biden deserves to be whacked around for how he handled Anita Hill's accusations).

Scumbags don't deserve to sit on the highest court in the land...period.
Fact is...the man lied

All the witnesses were credible when they talked about his character. The speed at which republicans rushed to sweep it under the carpet and force a partisan vote was a disgrace

The only thing credible is the fact that you are a lying schmuck that will spending an eternity with Hitler, Stalin, & Soleimani with your chestnuts roasting over and open fire.

I can’t believe USMB pays you to troll its own forums. Your takes suck.

Libtards constantly run off at the mouth. They have verbal diarrhea. And, the fucking Democrats never proved that Judge Kavanaugh raped anyone. Dumbasses.

Dosen’t help you either lying about a rape allegation you cannot prove. What it proves is that you are a liar.

His past was being brought up to determine if he would make an acceptable justice

In one of the more shameful displays I've ever seen, Democrats brought in an obviously drug addled and mentally disturbed woman to smear Donald Trump's nominee in his confirmation hearing. Blasey-Ford's testimony had more holes in it than this years production of cheese from Switzerland!
Blasey Ford was a credible witness who had told the story long before Kavanaugh was nominated

Even Republicans said she was credible

Collins has a tough road to re election and Republicans are not helping her

She sold out on rapist Bret Kavanaugh and is now providing cover for Trump criminal activities

Her constituents will not be happy
You are wrong...........but then, you admit in your sig that anyone who agrees with you is wrong.

:5_1_12024:

Kavanaugh was a scumbag. I believe every witness that was brought against him as well as the others who spoke out. I felt the same way about Clarence Thomas in 1991 (and yes, Joe Biden deserves to be whacked around for how he handled Anita Hill's accusations).

Fact is...the man lied

All the witnesses were credible when they talked about his character. The speed at which republicans rushed to sweep it under the carpet and force a partisan vote was a disgrace
You are a moron. Credible?

Last edited:
shared her views on how the process should play out and recommended that it mirror former President Bill Clinton's impeachment trial

That would be opening statements from both sides...then a motion to dismiss...then a vote to dismiss.

If the vote does not get 51 ayes...the trial continues.

The GOP is not going to do that.

They will allow the House to present their case and then the Country will hear from Trump's atty's for 4 days. Nobody has heard The Donald's
side of the story.

Then after both sides have laid out their case, there will be a vote for witnesses or to vote on guilt or acquittal. They will vote and the President
will be acquitted.

What will be the turning point against hearing new witnesses will be the revelation, that no one has mentioned to-date, that I know of.
There has never been a witness in a Senate Impeachment trial of the President that had not already testified during the House part
of the Impeachment. The case is supposed to be laid out in the House first. There have been witnesses that testified in the House
and Senators wanted to hear them in person. Again, there has never been a witness in the Senate Impeachment trial that was
not already on record from the House. Collins will save face voting to acquit. Romney will save his ass in the Senate voting to acquit.
The others will not matter. Manchin wants to be Governor of West Va in a couple of years so he is going to vote to acquit. Jones from
Alabama is going to vote to acquit. Final tally will be a minimum of 53-47...Likely 57-43 and possibly 61-39.

Agree with your analysis that the acquittal will be just before the "witnesses" vote. That will mean that the cases for both sides will have been heard, and the acquittal votes will be based on the validity or invalidity of the Articles. The MSM's whining's of "cover-up" will have been silenced by the Constitutionally based rejection of the Articles.

Correct. There will be total vindication for the President based on the facts, or lack off facts.

The case will have been proven tobe nothing more than an exercise in futility by the Dems.

Be interesting to see how Romney, Collins and Murkowski vote

Will they support Trumps actions?

A vote for acquittal is not necessarily a vote supporting Trump's actions, but a vote against the democrat's abuse of power, kangaroo court, and the unconstitutional Articles of impeachment. Its like the democrats going for the death penalty for jaywalking. What part of "no crime was committed" don't you understand? Dershowitz will explain it to them.
I don’t see many Republicans willing to condemn Trumps actions
They are afraid of him

A vote for acquittal is not necessarily a vote supporting Trump's actions, but a vote against the democrat's abuse of power, kangaroo court, and the unconstitutional Articles of impeachment. Its like the democrats going for the death penalty for jaywalking. What part of "no crime was committed" don't you understand? Dershowitz will explain it to them.
They are afraid of him
Or they know this is a farce.

You are wrong again.

Fact is...the man lied

You are a moron. Credible?

I am NOT!

Mother had me tested.....the man said I was special

They are afraid of him

If the democrats would have voted for censure instead of impeachment I'm sure that would have carried both Houses unanimously.
But no, they went for impeachment, which is not justified at all.

Oh my. The poor DeathRATS were counting on her vote to sink the S.S.Trump.....seems that torpedo was a dummy....ROTFLMFAO!

------------

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, released a statement on Thursday to clarify her stance on President Trump's upcoming impeachment trial and claimed her past comments have been taken out of context and misunderstood. "There has been a lot of mischaracterization and misunderstanding about my position on the process the Senate should follow for the impeachment trial," the statement began. "Rather than have my position relayed through the interpretation of others, I wanted to state it directly." Collins, who is considered a moderate, shared her views on how the process should play out and recommended that it mirror former President Bill Clinton's impeachment trial from 1999, to allow for bipartisan input. "That process [from 1999] provided for the opportunity for both sides to state their case and for Senators to ask questions through the Chief Justice," she wrote.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Trump has this game won before it started...PDJT’s rallies are doing a lot of things very well, one of the less mentioned is keeping Rep. Senators in line by showing how strong PDJT’s support is, especially in the party, and, collaterally, that undermining him on impeachment will be a personal and political disaster for any GOP Senator who does it. Even Collins seems to be getting the message. But Sssssh.....don't tell the party of INFANTICIDE or we may see some suicides as they realize he had this plan going into the shampeachment!...STABLE GENIUS does it again!!!!...ROTFLMFAO
She's two faced.
On that I agree. She isn't a leftie or a rightie. She is firmly planted in the middle.

Personally I don't see this statement as anything more than a cya position. She is trying to have her cake and eat it too and it seems many in this thread fell for it.

On to Susan. She may be feeling the heat because her senate seat has been ruled "a tossup". She has the highest disapproval rating of any senator...including Moscow Mitch. That's gotta hurt. But she's done it to herself.

Sometimes doing the right thing isn't always the popular thing

All paid Lying Trolls should be placed on IGNORE.

They are afraid of him

They are afraid of him

If the democrats would have voted for censure instead of impeachment I'm sure that would have carried both Houses unanimously.

Bullshit
Republicans would look the other way if Trump shot someone on Fifth Avenue

They are afraid of him

Bullshit

You can call bullshit on a censure vote, but I call bullshit on the impeachment vote.
So we'll see how it turns out in November.

We’d cheer & laugh if he shot a lying paid troll.

They are afraid of him

Bullshit

Scumbag? Kavanaugh is a fucking Boy Scout! You look at his life over the past forty years. If that's a "scumbag" then I'm Mother Theresa! You on the left smeared a good man because you were upset that Hillary lost and Trump was appointing Justices! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

You right wingers are the ones still hung up on Hillary. Everybody else has moved on. No one smeared Kavanaugh. Just as no one smeared Clarence Thomas. They were scumbags that preyed on women. They don't deserve to sit on the Supreme Court. End of story. By contrast, do you remember anything close to those types of allegations being leveled against say Samuel Alito or John Roberts?...or dare we go back to William Rhenquist and Antonin Scalia?

They are afraid of him
Or they know this is a farce.

You are wrong again.

No they are afraid of political death. That's why Republicans are all in on Trump. There is no other play. And the moderates who don't like what they see as their party kowtowing to the likes of Trump are retiring or not running (at least for the forseeable future). To cross him is to invite banishment.

Scumbag? Kavanaugh is a fucking Boy Scout! You look at his life over the past forty years. If that's a "scumbag" then I'm Mother Theresa! You on the left smeared a good man because you were upset that Hillary lost and Trump was appointing Justices! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

You right wingers are the ones still hung up on Hillary. Everybody else has moved on. No one smeared Kavanaugh. Just as no one smeared Clarence Thomas. They were scumbags that preyed on women. They don't deserve to sit on the Supreme Court. End of story. By contrast, do you remember anything close to those types of allegations being leveled against say Samuel Alito or John Roberts?...or dare we go back to William Rhenquist and Antonin Scalia?
Which planet dew ewe live on moron?

Collins has a tough road to re election and Republicans are not helping her

She sold out on rapist Bret Kavanaugh and is now providing cover for Trump criminal activities

Her constituents will not be happy
Not a single supposed accusation was even credible and the main accuser NEVER claimed he raped her. Keep lying it suits you

You've moved on? I STILL hear idiots on this board claiming that Russia was the reason Trump beat Hillary Clinton! It's obvious that they haven't moved on!

Of course those types of allegations weren't leveled against Alito or Roberts! In the long history of our great nation there has never been a display like what took place during the Kavanaugh hearings! Every single "witness" that the Democrats dug out from under some rock in their attempts to assassinate Brett Kavanaugh's character would have been laughed out of a real court of law. Blasey Ford looked like she was so drugged up that half the time it appeared she didn't know where she was or what she was doing there and she was the BEST of the clown show! The rest were so bad it was embarrassing to watch.

Forum List

Back