Sen. Daniel Coats (R-IN) is retiring, make for an OPEN seat in 2016.

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Sen. Coats will not seek reelection in 2016 won t endorse - Howey Politics

U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will not seek another term in 2016. Coats told Howey Politics Indiana late this morning, “It has nothing to do with a terribly dysfunctional Senate. It is related to the fact that I had to face the reality of age. There is a seven in front of the next digit. After a campaign and six more years in the Senate, I would be four months shy of 80 years old.

“There is almost a responsibility to turn it over the responsibility to the next generation,” Coats told HPI late this morning. ”I will also have the privilege of not having to go around the country raising money."

Coats said that by not seeking reelection, he will have time to address issues “that will take a long time to address, whether it is the terrorism issue or the debt issue.”

Coats told HPI that he will not make an endorsement for the Republican nomination, though he said he has been encouraging his chief of staff, former Indiana Republican Chairman Eric Holcomb “to seek elective office.

This is Senator Coat's 2nd tour of duty as a Senator. He was also George W. Bush (43)'s Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Germany during the President's first term. I've met Sen. Coats and his wife and I liked him very much. His family tree and mine, they intersect each other as well.

Going on 80, the guy has earned retirement.

Whether or not this make that seat competitive in any way at all remains to be seen. Indiana is a pretty red state on most all levels.

FYI.

Indystar concedes the republicans will most likely retain the seat, one of these three, possibly.

U.S. Reps. Marlin Stutzman, Susan Brooks and Todd Rokita

This is Senator Coat's 2nd tour of duty as a Senator. He was also George W. Bush (43)'s Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Germany during the President's first term. I've met Sen. Coats and his wife and I liked him very much. His family tree and mine, they intersect each other as well.

Whether or not this make that seat competitive in any way at all remains to be seen. Indiana is a pretty red state on most all levels.

FYI.

Indiana is Republican leaning, but there is no guarantee they'll hold the seat. Case and point, the Republicans lost the other Senate seat in 2012 because they nominated a whack-a-doodle who thinks pregnancy resulting from rape is a gift from God.

FYI.

Indiana is Republican leaning, but there is no guarantee they'll hold the seat. Case and point, the Republicans lost the other Senate seat in 2012 because they nominated a whack-a-doodle who thinks pregnancy resulting from rape is a gift from God.

And the result was they got a whack a doodle for a Senator, the good people of Indiana are none to pleased with Donnelly. Mourdock shot himself in the foot and was leading before his gaffe

FYI.

And the result was they got a whack a doodle for a Senator, the good people of Indiana are none to pleased with Donnelly. Mourdock shot himself in the foot and was leading before his gaffe

Donnelly is a moderate and votes just barely to the left of what Lugar did.

I think he's one of like 4 pro-life Democratic Senators. He's about as moderate as you're going to get other than maybe Joe Manchin.

FYI.

I think he's one of like 4 pro-life Democratic Senators. He's about as moderate as you're going to get other than maybe Joe Manchin.

I'm just saying how it is. He's not well liked

FYI.

According to what?

FYI.

According to what?

Everyone my family knows. Before you start at one time I worked for Evan Bayh so don't even try to snow me on Indiana politics

According to what?

Everyone my family knows. Before you start at one time I worked for Evan Bayh so don't even try to snow me on Indiana politics

uhh yeah...

According to what?

uhh yeah...

Yeah...now shush clown car. You're another one that gets annoying very quickly. And here you thought I hinged on your every word....puhlease

According to what?

uhh yeah...

Yeah...now shush clown car. You're another one that gets annoying very quickly. And here you thought I hinged on your every word....puhlease

A whole four words in two posts....you must get annoyed quickly pretty often.

According to what?

uhh yeah...

A whole four words in two posts....you must get annoyed quickly pretty often.

images

According to what?

Do you have an approval poll validating your claim?

According to what?

Yeah let me poll everyone I have been hearing it from <eye roll>

According to what?

So you don't know that he's unpopular then. Just making sure.

According to what?

Why yes I do know he's unpopular there, do YOU live there? My entire family does, my ex coworkers do, many of my friends do also.

Now, since you obviously don't live there and I doubt you know many from there are there any more REALLY stupid comments I may expect from you or are you finished with the nonsense?

According to what?

Why yes I do know he's unpopular there, do YOU live there? My entire family does, my ex coworkers do, many of my friends do also.

Now, since you obviously don't live there and I doubt you know many from there are there any more REALLY stupid comments I may expect from you or are you finished with the nonsense?

Your inner circle is not proof of anything. People tend to surround themselves with those of like mind, so more than likely the friends, family, and coworkers you speak of share many of the same opinions you do. Show me a scientific poll conducted by a reputable pollster on Donnelly's approval In Indiana otherwise stop making claims you can't substantiate.

Last edited:

Your inner circle is not proof of anything. People tend to surround themselves with those of like mind, so more than likely the friends, family, and coworkers you speak of share many of the same opinions you do. Show me a scientific poll conducted by a reputable pollster on Connolly's approval In Indiana otherwise stop making claims you can't substantiate.

Ugh go away, I'll respond to your next directive on how to post in my inbox (PS leave the huggie emoticons out of the next one, that was creepy)

FYI.

Untrue. Donelly is very well liked.

Forum List

Back