Self-Immolation

I can't really explain it to your satisfaction. It would take too long, and I've determined that talking about this stuff here is not wise.

Oh?...try me.

Sounds to me as if you came across some sadistic ass hole lunatic who held you in thrall.

Sorry, no one is going to tell order me not to put my pet down.

I'll tell you what REALLY angers me about that now. The same teacher is now saying there is Buddhist teaching that justifies either position.

My dog Charlie, was blind, deaf, incontinent of bowl and urine, had bed sores, had his joints come out of alignment, and got to the point where he would shit blood after every meal.

What was true though, was that Charlie wanted to live. He just kept going, no matter what.

We gave him pain medication, and I spent a good portion of my retreat time caring for him. He always tried to get up and had to be helped.

It broke my heart. Finally, he passed in his sleep.

I will not do that again, even if I have to take on the karma of the killing.

I'd worry more about karma for letting him live like that. I had to have one of my dogs put down awhile back. I didn't want to. I wanted to keep her with me and I would gladly have paid for whatever she needed, but she had a bad brain injury so I had to let her go, not for my sake, but for her's.

squeaky-fromme.jpg

SD sighting.....

I believe suicide should be an available option for any adult who doesn't wish to continue living. And there should be a painless means of termination available, such as a gradually increased infusion of a powerful narcotic, enabling those who find living unbearable to drift away on a cloud of ecstasy.

Suicide is the ultimate expression of free will.

I agree. I would not wish it on anyone. And, I hope she wasn't serious. But on some level, I worry that she might actually follow through with her threats at some point.

Forum List

Back