Seinfeld say's comedians avoid playing colleges students today too PC

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
It used to be you had to GO to college to become a PC bot.
Today the libtard public school system, will have you already trained and ready to be offended the day you land on campus.

Jerry Seinfeld Says Colleges Are Too Politically Correct, Kids Don't Understand Racism Or Sexism

College kids are too politically correct for Jerry Seinfeld.

The comedian spoke to ESPN Radio host Colin Cowherd for an episode of "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" to promote the latest season of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee," and the two talked about political correctness and comedy. Cowherd commented how comedians like Chris Rock and Larry the Cable Guy won't perform at college campuses for this very reason.

"I hear that all the time," Seinfeld said. "I don't play colleges, but I hear a lot of people tell me, 'Don't go near colleges. They're so PC.' I'll give you an example: My daughter's 14. My wife says to her, 'Well, you know, in the next couple years, I think maybe you’re going to want to be hanging around the city more on the weekends, so you can see boys.' You know what my daughter says? She says, ‘That’s sexist.’ They just want to use these words: 'That’s racist;' 'That’s sexist;' 'That’s prejudice.' They don’t know what the f--k they’re talking about.”

The 61-year-old star said this hurts comedy, and commended Louis C.K., who recently landed in hot water over his "Saturday Night Live" monologue about child molestation, for not worrying and just doing his thing.

Jerry Seinfeld Says Colleges Are Too Politically Correct Kids Don t Understand Racism Or Sexism

Well, our generation created these PC monsters when we unknowingly sent our kids to public schools for brainwashing in "white privilege" and all the rest.

I can see the days of becoming a comedian are over, can't say anything afraid to offend someone.

The funniest part about his statement is that he's not even a politically incorrect comedian, but sees the detriment that PC is to comedy. Chris Rock made a similar comment about colleges a while back.

The funniest part about his statement is that he's not even a politically incorrect comedian, but sees the detriment that PC is to comedy. Chris Rock made a similar comment about colleges a while back.

It's got to be pretty bad if someone as leftwing as Chris Rock stays away.

It's got to be pretty bad if someone as leftwing as Chris Rock stays away.

Most comedians are left wing, but have always been the biggest opponents to political correctness. The reason is obvious. Most good humor comes from not so humorous of topics.

As far as I can tell, the vast majority of modern humor is based on stereotypes of whatever race, religion, ethnicity, disability of the comedian telling the jokes.

The black comedian tells black jokes.

The Asian comedian tells Asian jokes..

The fat comedian tells fat jokes.

That seems to work for 90% of all comedians.

As far as I can tell, the vast majority of modern humor is based on stereotypes of whatever race, religion, ethnicity, disability of the comedian telling the jokes.

The black comedian tells black jokes.

The Asian comedian tells Asian jokes..

The fat comedian tells fat jokes.

That seems to work for 90% of all comedians.

Apparently that doesn't work today with the college audiences.

This is where the left has brought us.

I remember the golden age when comedians had to be funny for real, and couldn't resort to shock humor, dirty language, and stereotyping to get a laugh from an audience.

College kids and their childish political beliefs are are annoying, much like the rest of the liberals in this nation..

I remember the golden age when comedians had to be funny for real, and couldn't resort to shock humor, dirty language, and stereotyping to get a laugh from an audience.

Me too, but today with these kids it's apparently not even a laugh they're giving back. Sounds like they are crying foul claiming these comedians are offensive when they bring up race or gender stereotypes, and the like.
Today, the left seems to believe they have a right to never be offended about anything.

TV is a wonderland of stereotyping comedy.

On Modern Family, there is a stereotypical hot-headed Latin woman, and two stereotypical flaming homosexuals. The smart girl actually wears glasses so we will know she is the smart one.

On Blackish, every single joke is based on black stereotypes.

On Fresh off the Boat, every single joke is based on Asian stereotypes, including the mother who insists her kids work hard and get good grades.

Me too, but today with these kids it's apparently not even a laugh they're giving back. Sounds like they are crying foul claiming these comedians are offensive when they bring up race or gender stereotypes, and the like.
Today, the left seems to believe they have a right to never be offended about anything.
George Orwell predicted in 1984 that the regime would have so much control that they would take words out of the dictionary and impose new ones. Orwell was right, and we are seeing it now. Many people are afraid to say "Merry Christmas" because of all the language censors.

College kids and their childish political beliefs are are annoying, much like the rest of the liberals in this nation..

I find it hilarious and sad at the same time when I bump into recent college graduates who are trying to cope with the real world. At our local wing joint, there are several of them waiting tables and tending the bar. They are so smart and educated yet they are utterly confused. The world they are now living in bears no resemblance to the utopia described to them by their college professors--the world that in their educated minds should exist. It's like watching actors performing in an episode of The Twilight Zone called "Should World". These kids start and finish each utterance with how reality should be.

College professors described a utopia? Got evidence of that or are you just another lying nutjob?

Conservatives are funny when they all get together and moan about how mean those liberals are. They're like a group of womyn's studies students all telling each other stories about how awful males are.

It may not be PC to point at conservatives and laugh, being it's so much like laughing at the mentally challenged, but I still do it.

Well a PC'er pussy has responded.

An Open Letter to Jerry Seinfeld from a 'Politically Correct' College Student

Dear Jerry Seinfeld,

Recently, I've heard about your reluctance to perform on college campuses because of how "politically correct" college students are. You also further made remarks that college students are quick to use the words "racist," "sexist," and "prejudice" with little reverence for what those words really mean (which you felt was proven by a remark made by your 14-year old daughter.)

As a college student that loves and appreciates offensive, provocative comedy, I'm disheartened by these comments.

While I do agree with you that college students today are more sensitive to issues of race and gender politics, it's simply because that's our job as learners. As college students who are engaged in a myriad of social, economic, and political issues, it's our duty to be actively engaged and educated about issues of sexism, racism and prejudice. While, respectively, your daughter might not quite know what's considered "sexist" yet, I can say with confidence that most college students can distinguish the boundaries of what's considered appropriately sexist or not.

But, I'd like to refocus the conversation to the state of comedy that you feel like we would call "racist" or "sexist."

We need to talk about the role that provocative comedy holds today in a progressive world.

It isn't so much that college students are too politically correct (whatever your definition of that concept is), it's that comedy in our progressive society today can no longer afford to be crass, or provocative for the sake of being offensive. Sexist humor and racist humor can no longer exist in comedy because these concepts are based on archaic ideals that have perpetrated injustice against minorities in the past.

Provocative humor, such as ones dealing with topics of race and gender politics, can be crass and vulgar, but underlying it must be a context that spurs social dialogue about these respective issues. There needs to be a message, a central truth behind comedy for it to work as humor.

Take Amy Schumer for example.

A rising comic in her own right, Schumer has become a muse in being able to tackle difficult social commentaries of sexism and racism through her comedy. During the premier of the newest season of Schumer's comedy sketch show Inside Amy Schumer, Schumer and her writers managed to make a topic that most could never conceive of even making humorous: rape.

The sketch, Football Town Lights, a parody of the football series, Friday Night Lights, told the story of a football coach who boldly decides to reform the local town's losing football team by instilling a strict anti-rape rule for his football players. Throughout the sketch, the players and the town folk are simply flabbergasted at the very concept of not being able to rape. One of the players asks the coach, "What if she thinks it's rape, but I don't?" Another player asks, "What if my mom is the district attorney and won't prosecute me? Can I rape?"

Underlying the joke of it all, of course, is the horrifying truth of rape culture existent in high school football, and an even more horrifying reality of the parents attempting to justify it. Earlier this year, we heard of a horrifying case of a gang rape committed by five Florida high school football players and realized the underlying culture of violence and male domination that inhabits high school football.

While it's not the sole role of comics to be social commentators on every issue through their comedy, I believe there is a responsibility, especially when a well-known comic is talking about sensitive topics like race and gender politics, to have an underlying message to be said.

This doesn't mean that the funny aspect of the bit has to be compromised for the sake of social commentary. As countless comedians have proven before, it's very possible to have a message and be hilarious at the same time.

This translates to stand-up comedy as well. Take it from your fellow male comics.

Stand-up comedian, Louis C.K's bit about how much he loves being white can be, at first glance, construed as being "racist" in a traditional sense. He says in his set, "I'm not saying that white people are better, I'm saying that being white is clearly better, who can argue!"

Doesn't that sound a little "racist" to you? But, view it within the context of what he says, Louis C.K. constructs another valuable dialogue about white male privilege, and the historic injustices that this system has created.

A bit that could have been potentially disastrous was made even more hilarious because of the underlying social context of what Louis was saying.

George Carlin, who was revered by many as being one of the comedy "greats," frequently used crass, vulgar and potentially offensive humor in his acts. While by today's standards, some of Carlin's material can be considered sexist and offensive, many of his bits are still appreciated today because of his strong opinions and the underlying context of what he said. Sure, he was offensive when he tried to justify using racial slurs, but as he said a bit, "it's the context that counts. It's the user. It's the intention behind the words that make them good or bad."

Stand-up comedian Todd Glass argued passionately on comedy podcast Sklarbro County, that young comedians who shy away from offensive humor lack the courage to use the medium as a way to create social commentary and dialogue, as Carlin did. Glass called for comedians to be more offensive, but within the right context.

You can be crass, you can be vulgar, and it's not about worrying about offending people. Fuck offending people. Offend the right fucking people. Don't let this fake argument that makes you not want to grow [as a comedian] and say, 'Oh, you're always going offend somebody.' No one said you shouldn't! It's your fake argument! Offend the living fuck out of people! But make sure you're doing it to the right group. Because, I'm sure George Carlin, most of the time, was offending the right people.

So, yes, Mr. Seinfeld, we college students are politically correct. We will call out sexism and racism if we hear it. But if you're going to come to my college and perform in front of me, be prepared to write up a set that doesn't just offend me, but has something to say.

There's no reason you can't do what other comics are doing. You have an amazing legacy, both in stand-up and on television, because you do your job well.

But, there's a generation in college right now that hasn't seen your comedy, and there's a demographic that yearns for laughter. College students today are looking to be provoked, to be offended by comedy, and to think about these issues within the context of comedy.

So please, take the first step and come to a college campus with a set that will make us laugh.

Offend the fuck out of college students. Provoke the fuck out of me. We'll thank you for it later.

Sincerely, College Student

More:#College Students #Louis C.K. #Jerry Seinfeld

Read More An Open Letter to Jerry Seinfeld from a Politically Correct College Student Anthony Berteaux

In other words, save all that provocation for acceptable groups, white males are okay but white Christians are funnier.

Forum List

Back