Seen on the SSA mysocialsecurity site

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Social Security Card Replacement

If you are not a U.S. citizen, you can request a replacement card through your local office or by mail.

If you are a U.S. citizen, please notify your local office.

Why do you suppose a non US citizen can request a copy through the mail and a US citizen can't?

If you are not a U.S. citizen, you can request a replacement card through your local office or by mail.

Why do you suppose a non US citizen can request a copy through the mail and a US citizen can't?

I wonder WHY anyone would want to do it by mail? ISnt calling it in to the local office much faster?

I wonder WHY anyone would want to do it by mail? ISnt calling it in to the local office much faster?

Easier fraud.

How is it any easier using snail mail?

Easier fraud.

You don't have to speak English, for one.

Easier fraud.

You don't have to speak English, for one.

Well, dont you have to write English to request by mail?

Why not get an English speaking friend to call in for you?

It is not a big deal, I just dont follow your thinking here, but maybe that is because my wife is right and I am just stupid? :)

I would think by calling you will get it through snail mail which could take days. If you go to the office then MAYBE you get it right away, I don't know, I have had the same one for many years, and I laminated it so it is pretty useless.

Forum List

Back