Seems like the Dems can now pick the next house speaker

All the Dems need to do is pick a moderate Republican who can gain a handful of votes from his/her fellow Republicans and they can make that person the next speaker.

It would would completely take the wind out of the stunt that Matt Geatz and crew are fundraising off of and give the Dems a better opposition than the wingnuts like Jim Jordan would provide. Thoughts?
Yeah right.... grasping at straws again?...

Just clownin your neat leftist manufactured phrases that’s all.
Can you define “wing nut” for us please?
Sure. A nutty person that sits at the outter wing of their political Party

That doesn’t make any sense. The better strategy is to sit back and watch the GOP implode. The Democrats are zealots, radical and corrupt but they are unified and that gives them a tremendous advantage.
The only names that are coming up are more conservative hardliners. So the Dems can sit and watch Jordan or Scolise get the gavel or they can do an end around and get a moderate in there and watch the entire charade blow up on the wingers faces.

You know that would be a sweet move

Any Speaker placed in office with the help of Democrats would be perceived as ‘tainted’ and a ‘stooge’ or ‘dupe’ of Democrats.

Republicans would never agree to such a plan.

Again, it’s not on the Democrats.
Oh yeah, they would get criticized by the wingers for sure. But there are many that are pissed at the 8 that are blowing things up. This could put power in the moderates hands and give an opportunity for them to actually get shit done

Let's argue the Democrats do this. It wouldn't make what Gaetz did empty. Those who voted to remove him and the Democrats both argue that McCarthy was not trustworthy. He would promise one thing and then do another.

Those kinds of politicians all need removed.

All the Dems need to do is pick a moderate Republican who can gain a handful of votes from his/her fellow Republicans and they can make that person the next speaker.

It would would completely take the wind out of the stunt that Matt Geatz and crew are fundraising off of and give the Dems a better opposition than the wingnuts like Jim Jordan would provide. Thoughts?
The number I've heard is five Republicans needed.

Are there five who are willing to put their jobs and personal safety on the line for this? You would think so, but I guess I'd have to see it to believe it.

Let's argue the Democrats do this. It wouldn't make what Gaetz did empty. Those who voted to remove him and the Democrats both argue that McCarthy was not trustworthy. He would promise one thing and then do another.

Those kinds of politicians all need removed.
Gaetz campaigned against McCarthy because he was compromising and not sticking to all the hardline demands. They get an honest moderate in there I promise Geatz isn’t going to be happy his plan will have backfired

Gaetz campaigned against McCarthy because he was compromising and not sticking to all the hardline demands. They get an honest moderate in there I promise Geatz isn’t going to be happy his plan will have backfired

He promised Gaetz and the rest who ended up voting for him certain things. He went back on his word.

The number I've heard is five Republicans needed.

Are there five who are willing to put their jobs and personal safety on the line for this? You would think so, but I guess I'd have to see it to believe it.
Well one of them would become the 3rd most powerful politician in America and have the power to set the tone based on their agenda. They can change the tide. There are many republicans in bi partisan committees trying to work together to actually do work. This is a chance to do gain power to actually do that and embarrass the hardline partisan absolutists

Well one of them would become the 3rd most powerful politician in America and have the power to set the tone based on their agenda. They can change the tide. There are many republicans in bi partisan committees trying to work together to actually do work. This is a chance to do gain power to actually do that and embarrass the hardline partisan absolutists
It sure would be interesting to see how Gaetz and Jordan and the rest of the loons react to THAT.

Forum List

Back