Seems An ABC Mailbox Is Probably Full

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I missed this in the morning:

http://vodkapundit.com/archives/006417.php

"Nobody We Know Voted For Him!"
Posted by Will Collier · 11 August 2004
Deeply stupid comment at ABC News' The Note today, amidst predicting a Kerry victory:

Forget the fact that that we still can't find a single American who voted for Al Gore in 2000 who is planning to vote for George Bush in 2004. (If you are that elusive figure, e-mail us and tell us who you are and why: [email protected].)
Time to get out of that newsroom, Noters. Does the name Zell Miller ring any bells? How about Roger L. Simon? Ed Koch?

But hey, that's no indication of any groupthink among the enlightened ranks of Journalists. No sir, that's just solid "reporting"...

UPDATE: Frank Martin reels off additions James Woods, Gary Oldman, Dennis Miller, and Dennis Hopper; I'd be surprised if Ron Silver didn't vote for Gore as well. But hey, nobody's ever heard of them, right?

Please feel free to add your own in the comments. Did Glenn Reynolds vote for Gore? Don't recall; I bet he'll say one way or another when he sees the Note.

Led to this:

http://vodkapundit.com/archives/006422.php

Merry Longworth sent this email to ABC:

Because I believe the U.S. is now composed of September 10 people and September 12 people and George Bush AND Dick Cheney are men that will lead us where we need to go in this World War in which we are now engaged. I don’t have any interest in having a Commander In Chief who will make the decision to send my children to war (my son just got back to Germany from Iraq), only if the French tell him it’s okay to do so.
There are very many of us thinking Americans who believe that our country and way of life is under long-term, potentially fatal attack from Radical Islam and we are in a World War that we must win in order to preserve the U.S. and that John Kerry is not the man to lead us in that war. I’ve been unable to determine where John Kerry stands on any issue other than the issue of his own election.

My problem with John Kerry stem entirely from his voting record, which has been clearly against the military for his entire Senate career. Although I am the daughter of a deceased Vietnam veteran, I do not believe Kerry’s Vietnam service record should have been an issue in this campaign but since HE chose to make it one, he must therefore take the heat he’s getting from Vietnam Vets and Vets’ families.

While I do not support George Bush on many of his policies, my bottom line is that he is a man who will do what he says he’s going to do and I believe that is the kind of leader we need at this time in our history.

NOW YOU CANNOT CLAIM YOU HAVE NOT FOUND THAT ELUSIVE PERSON WHO VOTED FOR GORE AND IS GOING TO VOTE FOR BUSH!!!

Reading comments from across the blogosphere today, I get the feeling that [email protected] is one seriously full mailbox.

Cool.

Back in my Yahoo days, I got into an argument with someone that said the same thing, that nobody that voted for Gore in 2000 would vote for Bush this year. I had to inform him that my group of closest friends was pretty split in 2000. Not this year.

2000: One voted Bush, one voted Browne (me), two voted Gore, and two didn't vote at all.

2004: All, including the two that didn't vote, are 100% behind Bush.

The two that voted Gore in 2000 were not particularly politically active in the past. With all that's going on this year they have are paying more attention to things and have been doing more research. I don't think they knew it before, but I think they are more Republican than they ever realized.

I don't doubt that some who voted for Gore will vote for Bush, so long as you don't doubt that some who voted for Bush will vote for Kerry (I know two such individuals).

acludem

acludem said:
I don't doubt that some who voted for Gore will vote for Bush, so long as you don't doubt that some who voted for Bush will vote for Kerry (I know two such individuals).

acludem

I'm sure there are. I don't know anyone personally, but I do know of one person that didn't vote in 2000 that's planning on voting for Kerry.

There will be a lot of conservative and moderate Democrats voting for Bush because of the marriage issue. They just don't want to see our country go down that other road.

Forum List

Back