Seem it's a matter of when, not if

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Always the same old story. It's hardwired in the breeding folks, whether you want to accept that or not.

A pit bull dog escaped from a backyard and attacked a woman and a 4-year-old girl on Thursday.
Tanya Schroeder was in her back yard near 7965 South and Redwood Road with her two children and a 4-year-old girl when a pit bull suddenly breached a neighboring fence and attacked...

The owner claimed that there hadn't been any previous problems with the dog in the neighborhood.

Pitbull attacks woman and girl - ABC 4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

• Banned
This is why I keep guns.

That's as good a reason as any I suppose.

Did you read the article? The dog gets in their yard and the first thing it does is attack a four year old. You just don't see that kind of sudden snap from other breeds.

They're bred for ferocity, then people refuse to acknowledge it might make them...ferocious?

My son has a roughly 70 lb. pitbull, head the size of a steer's, I swear. We're careful with him and around him, though. He's really well socialized, with people and with dogs, he's never been taught to be mean, or neglected in any way.

But we still keep a VERY close watch on him. He's never outside without supervision, even in a fenced yard.

And although he tolerates my really annoying attack-Parson Russell Terrier bitch, we keep them separate. She's REALLY annoying.

In fact, sometimes I feel like biting her head off.

But she's just so fugly, and her nose is ALWAYS cold!

what's the debate ? have all the pitbulls you want. then after your pit attacks somebody you get fed to crocodiles.

no questions asked !

" oh but i never had a problem with him and i always watch him - i don't know what happened ! "

that's great ! wonderful story ! now if you please the crocodiles are hungry.

truth of the matter is pitbull owners want their dog to mutilate somebody. they derive sexual pleasure when the dog sinks its teeth into another person's flesh. they would do it themselves but they can't because then they would have to do time. so they get a pitbull instead.

they will stand there and stroke themselves as the dog is trying to kill you. then in court they will say they were in shock that their angel would so such a thing so they couldn't react.

Last edited:
Statistically speaking, they're a bad breed.

Whenever I met somebody who owns one and who also has children? I assume he's a selfish asshole.

To date that theory has never proved incorrect.

please remember that american stafford terrier is not a pit bull...peedee from the little rascals was an american stafford...in the 50's they were considered to be the family dog....poor breeding by poor humans has resulted in the pit bull

i have a doberman....do you know they are considered pussies now..due to the work of breeders to make them from these killer dogs to family pets and protectors...i train my dogs to show no human agression towards the family or wee ones....the other day...i allowed 3 of my animals to get close....thor snapped at jake who had just put his head under my arm...ouchie....only one tooth broke the skin and it was an accident.....but it shows what they are all capable of...

a lot of the aggression comes from being chained all the time..dogs should not be chained...kids taut them etc....a dog has to run and exercise to release aggression and tensions....

what pisses me off is to see muzzled pits in public...on chains that are heavy but a pitt is normally more powerful than the person holding the chain..if you have not trained your dog well enough to take it out without a muzzle..then dont take it out in public...none of my dogs are muzzled in public....all my dogs understand the command..."gentle"...they also understand the code words that mean keep barking like you will eat this person alive....

a half ass corrected dog is a half ass trained dog

They're bred for ferocity, then people refuse to acknowledge it might make them...ferocious?

My son has a roughly 70 lb. pitbull, head the size of a steer's, I swear. We're careful with him and around him, though. He's really well socialized, with people and with dogs, he's never been taught to be mean, or neglected in any way.

But we still keep a VERY close watch on him. He's never outside without supervision, even in a fenced yard.

I have a friend with two pit bulls, and they're really sweet dogs. They always get all excited when I go over there. I've never seen a smidgen of meaness in either of those dogs.

And I have a sneaking suspicion that the pit in the OP was made to be mean by the owner.

Forum List

Back