"Security" is "Tighter" now... Was it Looser at some Point?

Security is not an absolute. it is not something that you set up, declare victory and never have to worry again. Security has to evolve to an ever changing threat. If one way doesn't work, they will try other ways

btw, Neopolitino's comment was about what happened after the mistake of allowing this fuckhead aboard...IMO she was praising the passengers and flight attendants.

But of course you all are free to spin it as you will.

That's great rationalization.

I don't think she should be patting anyone on the back right now.

I would be pissed, not sending out congrats.

This will be a big thing in the next weeks until the Drivebys can bury it.

So? Amsterdamn issues travel VISA's to the USA? Who the fuck knew?
:confused: I'm sure you have a point but what is it

The only place you can get a visa to enter the United States is at an American Embassy. Some Embassies are more lenient than others in their interview process and background investigations. Why this happens I have no idea but I will say this. When they look at your application and they see that you've had visas to the States before and are sons or daughters of rich people they tend to gloss over other checks that may or may not catch a terror suspect.

Embassies are run by high moneyed political contributers appointed by the winning party.

The only place you can get a visa to enter the United States is at an American Embassy. Some Embassies are more lenient than others in their interview process and background investigations. Why this happens I have no idea but I will say this. When they look at your application and they see that you've had visas to the States before and are sons or daughters of rich people they tend to gloss over other checks that may or may not catch a terror suspect.
This is true. And all the security people use their own judgment...good or bad. For instance yesterday my daughter and husband were made to empty their carryons completely and the airline people went through everything down to their wallets and my son and I were waived through without a second look. Of course if we had bombs in our underwear the extensive carryon search wouldn't have found them.

I guess the problem is this: how much money do we spend on searches and how invasive do we get?

Ravi there is technology available that would allow searches of people without even touching them. Some groups think this is an invasion of privacy and are concerned about what security officials might see under clothes worn by passengers...i.e. men who wear women's clothes, woman who wear mens clothes, transgendered individuals etc. etc. Now what we are forgetting here is that flying is a priviledge...not a right. If airports chose to screen passengers in such a way as it's viewed by some as an invasion of privacy that person has the right to take the bus....otherwise if they wish to fly they must comply with the rules. I have about a million frequent flier miles and have lost gel mouse pads, untold amounts of toothpaste, L'Occitane stuff, been patted down and had my balls grabbed, ass cheeks felt up and my gel insoles taken....was I upset? Yes. I even have a TWIC card and that didn't help. It's the price we pay for security. What we should be asking is...why did this guy get high grade military explosives on an airplane when airports are supposed to screen for nitrate based explosives? How did this happen on a flight bound for the US and therefore subject to U.S. TSA screening procedures?

I bet heads roll over this in Amsterdam and possibly the U.S. as well

Last edited:

Embassies are run by high moneyed political contributers appointed by the winning party.

True...Ambassadorships are politcal repayments for big money contributors but the screeners and Vice-Consuls are typical bureaucrats

Thank goodness the passengers were on the ball and grabbed this would be terrorist.

I think the days of passengers just sitting there and letting things happen are long over. The passengers were the ones who jumped on the shoe bomber a few yars ago also. No.

I wouldn't want to be a would be terrorists on one of the planes today. They will get the dogshit kicked out of em and rightly so.

My son and I were both "patted down" this morning at Philly. No big deal but it still irks me that middle aged women and children with blue eyes and freckles are "profiled".

poor baby. terrorists strap PE to kids, women, grandma grandpa. they stuff pillows up a womans dress to make her look preggie..................BOOM !!!!

This is true. And all the security people use their own judgment...good or bad. For instance yesterday my daughter and husband were made to empty their carryons completely and the airline people went through everything down to their wallets and my son and I were waived through without a second look. Of course if we had bombs in our underwear the extensive carryon search wouldn't have found them.

I guess the problem is this: how much money do we spend on searches and how invasive do we get?

Ravi there is technology available that would allow searches of people without even touching them. Some groups think this is an invasion of privacy and are concerned about what security officials might see under clothes worn by passengers...i.e. men who wear women's clothes, woman who wear mens clothes, transgendered individuals etc. etc. Now what we are forgetting here is that flying is a priviledge...not a right. If airports chose to screen passengers in such a way as it's viewed by some as an invasion of privacy that person has the right to take the bus....otherwise if they wish to fly they must comply with the rules. I have about a million frequent flier miles and have lost gel mouse pads, untold amounts of toothpaste, L'Occitane stuff, been patted down and had my balls grabbed, ass cheeks felt up and my gel insoles taken....was I upset? Yes. I even have a TWIC card and that didn't help. It's the price we pay for security. What we should be asking is...why did this guy get high grade military explosives on an airplane when airports are supposed to screen for nitrate based explosives? How did this happen on a flight bound for the US and therefore subject to U.S. TSA screening procedures?

TSA doesn't screen passengers as they board in foreign countries...the security systems of the foreign countries do. And yes, the technology is available but it is up to the countries in question to purchase the equipment.

So what is the answer? Refuse in bound airplanes from countries that don't have state of the art screening?

TSA doesn't screen passengers as they board in foreign countries...the security systems of the foreign countries do. And yes, the technology is available but it is up to the countries in question to purchase the equipment.

So what is the answer? Refuse in bound airplanes from countries that don't have state of the art screening?

That's almost what it came to after 9/11 and the new screening procedures...true story.

This all fits into Obama's answer during the primary debates....that his first concern is making sure that they have good first responders.

Obama is mainly concerned with policing up the bodies and putting on a good face after a successful attack.:cool:

That's what it seems like at this point. When you lose focus on who is the enemy and begin to think that if you kiss their ass they will go away you just invite more attacks.

The jihadi and Al Qaeda respect nothing but violence and the more violence one brings down on the other....they win.

This is what happens when you elect a social-worker to be Commander In Chief.

He thinks national security isn't as important as affordable health care.:cool:

btw, Neopolitino's comment was about what happened after the mistake of allowing this fuckhead aboard...IMO she was praising the passengers and flight attendants.

But of course you all are free to spin it as you will.

The only thing is...in the TSA security manual there is NOTHING in it that says the passengers are responsible for subduing the suicide bomber after he smuggles 100 grams of high explosives on board an aircraft and attempts to detonate them.

I never got that brief prior to take off after the flight attendant showed me how to operate a seatbelt.

the tsa is a joke. they fail tests all the time. all the security put in place is a useless hassle, people are still going to get on planes and do what they want

Agreed but what makes me mad is that they screwed up and we are going to pay the price again when we fly. He was on a "no fly" list, his father had made calls warning of his involvement with terrorists, how hard can that be to enforce? TSA is a joke. If I did not have to fly, I would not. If I can drive it in 6 hours or less, I do.
TSA yet another agency run by our govt. Do we really want the to run anything that a private business could do so much better?

Was Security "Loosened"... And if so, why?

Where did this man board the plane?

It doesn't MATTER where he boarded. The RULES weren't followed. The creep got on. He caused a sensation, and I personally would look for MORE poking and prodding from AQ, since they claimed responsibility today for this shit.

Al Qaeda Claims Responsibility for Attempted Bombing of U.S. Plane

And there has been and will be a marked increase in this sort of activity...just as there was under Bill Clinton. These people are fishing...for the soft underbelly, waiting for a massive softness that they WILL EXPLOIT.

It's been their M.O. and only the FOOLISH like you try to parse these things. They're still at WAR with us...no matter how PC some of you including OBAMA continue to be. Think they give a shit about your PC?

They're frankly laughing their asses off while they continue to prod, and cause a paralysis to our system.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back