"Security" is "Tighter" now... Was it Looser at some Point?

Flight 253 passenger: Sharp-dressed man aided terror suspect Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab onto plane without passport

While Mutallab was poorly dressed, his friend was dressed in an expensive suit, Haskell said. He says the suited man asked ticket agents whether Mutallab could board without a passport. “The guy said, 'He's from Sudan and we do this all the time.'”

Mutallab is Nigerian. Haskell believes the man may have been trying to garner sympathy for Mutallab's lack of documents by portraying him as a Sudanese refugee.

The ticket agent referred Mutallab and his companion to her manager down the hall, and Haskell didn't see Mutallab again until after he allegedly tried to detonate an explosive on the plane.

Haskell said the flight was mostly unremarkable. That was until he heard a flight attendant say she smelled smoke, just after the pilot announced the plane would land in Detroit in 10 minutes. Haskell got out of his seat to view the brewing commotion.

“I stood up and walked a couple feet ahead to get a closer look, and that's when I saw the flames,” said Haskell, who sat about seven rows behind Mutallab. “It started to spread pretty quickly. It went up the wall, all the way to ceiling.”

Haskell, who described Mutallab as a diminutive man who looks like a teenager, said about 30 seconds passed between the first mention of smoke and when Mutallab was subdued by fellow passengers.

“He didn't fight back at all. This wasn't a big skirmish,” Haskell said. “A couple guys jumped on him and hauled him away.”

Flight 253 passenger: Sharp-dressed man aided terror suspect Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab onto plane without passport (MLive.com exclusive) | Detroit News - - MLive.com

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
So? Amsterdamn issues travel VISA's to the USA? Who the fuck knew?
:confused: I'm sure you have a point but what is it

the obamalama state department screwed the hell up! not to mention the department of homeland security.
Yeah...I guess they did. What possessed them to follow the stupidity put in place by the previous administration is anyone's guess. Too many idiotic policies to fix at once, prolly. Luckily, nothing serious happened and everyone was safe.

the obamalama state department screwed the hell up! not to mention the department of homeland security.
Yeah...I guess they did. What possessed them to follow the stupidity put in place by the previous administration is anyone's guess. Too many idiotic policies to fix at once, prolly. Luckily, nothing serious happened and everyone was safe.

What took you so long?

It's either Ignorance or Stupidity... But either way, it's Consistent. :clap2:

And no, that's NOT a Compliment.

:)

peace...

Sure. Pre 2001 and alCIAduhz "attacks" I carried a Zippo in my pocket and a Buck 110 folder on a belt sheath.

Yeah...sure you did...only thing is, this airline that you flew on didn't have security checks...
2644573292_d1041c1490.jpg

A guy on a terror watch list with no passport gets on a plane with explosives with the help of a well dressed man ( UN diplomat or Politician of the Netherlands an Islamic country)
Id say the enemy of the USA is clearly the American citizen who wants lower taxes ,more freedom and a responsible financial policy( no fiat money) .

security....o my...do you really think those little x ray machines and wands are secure....i have metal in odd parts of my body....*slaps frogen ahead of time* not once has it been picked up by security....and it should be....all you need are a few bits and pieces...that is just for show...i flew after 9/11 and the security is tighter to get on to ft bragg than it was to get on a plane...lots of song and dance but that is all it was

no profiling..that always gets me....o lets look at this kindly aunt bee looking woman...not the muttering loon, rocking back and forth praying......yes that is what i call security

Seems *Cagney & Lacy*[Janet N.] thinks everything went according to clockwork.:eusa_eh:

I guess nobody got killed but when you look at it from the warped mind of an Obama Administration official, nobody was profiled so I guess if you base your idea of good security to the nation on political correctness....then yes....everything went like clockwork.:doubt:

Last time I checked, TSA didn't work for Amsterdam.

That said, it was a pain in the ass getting back in the country today. They did everything but put us in straight jackets. :evil:

The only place you can get a visa to enter the United States is at an American Embassy. Some Embassies are more lenient than others in their interview process and background investigations. Why this happens I have no idea but I will say this. When they look at your application and they see that you've had visas to the States before and are sons or daughters of rich people they tend to gloss over other checks that may or may not catch a terror suspect.

This all fits into Obama's answer during the primary debates....that his first concern is making sure that they have good first responders.

Obama is mainly concerned with policing up the bodies and putting on a good face after a successful attack.:cool:

My son and I were both "patted down" this morning at Philly. No big deal but it still irks me that middle aged women and children with blue eyes and freckles are "profiled".

yeah, you should be exempt. you belong to the better race. you should have a separate line, separate rooms in bars and restaurants, and on the planes. the front seats, e.g. the others can take the back seats, if they clear the good profiling. from which you are of course exempt.

This all fits into Obama's answer during the primary debates....that his first concern is making sure that they have good first responders.

Obama is mainly concerned with policing up the bodies and putting on a good face after a successful attack.:cool:

That's what it seems like at this point. When you lose focus on who is the enemy and begin to think that if you kiss their ass they will go away you just invite more attacks.

The jihadi and Al Qaeda respect nothing but violence and the more violence one brings down on the other....they win.

The only place you can get a visa to enter the United States is at an American Embassy. Some Embassies are more lenient than others in their interview process and background investigations. Why this happens I have no idea but I will say this. When they look at your application and they see that you've had visas to the States before and are sons or daughters of rich people they tend to gloss over other checks that may or may not catch a terror suspect.
This is true. And all the security people use their own judgment...good or bad. For instance yesterday my daughter and husband were made to empty their carryons completely and the airline people went through everything down to their wallets and my son and I were waived through without a second look. Of course if we had bombs in our underwear the extensive carryon search wouldn't have found them.

I guess the problem is this: how much money do we spend on searches and how invasive do we get?

btw, Neopolitino's comment was about what happened after the mistake of allowing this fuckhead aboard...IMO she was praising the passengers and flight attendants.

But of course you all are free to spin it as you will.

Forum List

Back