Secretly Republicans 3rd largest donor

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan

Republicans like to demonize George Soros. If we only knew how many George Soros types donate dark money to Republicans. That's money we don't know is being donated.

Sam Bankman-Fried says he's secretly the "third-biggest Republican donor" thanks to "dark money"​

The FTX founder says he kept donations private because "reporters freak the f--k out if you donate to Republicans"​

Republicans like to demonize George Soros. If we only knew how many George Soros types donate dark money to Republicans. That's money we don't know is being donated.

Sam Bankman-Fried says he's secretly the "third-biggest Republican donor" thanks to "dark money"​

The FTX founder says he kept donations private because "reporters freak the f--k out if you donate to Republicans"​

Yeah, sure he is.

Given that he was also "the second-largest Democratic donor", that would make him an idiot.
So do you still think you have a point?

Yeah, sure he is.
Thanks to Citizens United, we'll never know. Since it's possible, I take him at his word.

He wasn't bragging. Or he was but I don't think he wanted everyone to hear that.

Trust me, he aint lyin. You're lyin. To me or yourself.

The guy probably didn't donate to anyone and has millions in offshore accounts. Furthermors, how could he even be so sure of his ranking?

Impossible to prove and one has to ask what his motivation is for stating this.

The fallen crypto billionaire, who is set to stand trial over the collapse of his cryptocurrency exchange FTX, was willing to put up $5 billion to keep Trump out of the 2024 presidential race, having deemed him an “existential” threat to democracy, Lewis told “60 Minutes” in an interview broadcast Sunday.

“He took the view that all the big existential problems are gonna require the United States government to be involved to solve ’em,” Lewis said on the news show. “And if the democracy is undermined, all these problems are less likely to be solved. And he saw Trump trying to undermine the democracy, and he thought, ‘Trump belongs on the list of existential risks.’”

He openly made $40 million in political donations in 2022, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission, and though an overwhelming majority of his official donations went to Democrats, Bankman-Fried claimed he had given just as much to Republicans off the books.
“Reporters freak the fuck out if you donate to a Republican, because they’re all super liberal,” he said in a November 2022 interview. “And I didn’t want to have that fight, so I just made all the Republican ones dark.”

Forum List

Back