SECOND Nurse tests positive for Ebola in Dallas

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Second Health Care Worker in Texas Tests Positive for Ebola

A second health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital who provided care for Thomas Eric Duncan has tested positive for Ebola, the Texas Department of State Health Services announced.

Second Health Care Worker in Texas Tests Positive for Ebola Authorities Say - ABC News

Was this a breach in protocol too? Or could it possibly be the CDC failed these doctors and nurses? Or, downplayed the threat possibly? I did not understand why the CDC said it would expect more cases of health care workers to begin with after the first nurse tested positive.

Thoughts with family and patient.

CNN) -- A second health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital who provided care for Thomas Eric Duncan has tested positive for Ebola, the state's health department said Wednesday.

The latest infection -- the second-ever transmission of Ebola in the United States -- comes a day after a nurses' union slammed Texas Health Presbyterian, saying the hospital had guidelines that were "constantly changing" and didn't have protocols on how to deal with the deadly virus.

"The protocols that should have been in place in Dallas were not in place, and that those protocols are not in place anywhere in the United States as far as we can tell," National Nurses United Executive Director RoseAnn DeMoro said Tuesday night. "We're deeply alarmed."

2nd Dallas worker tests positive for Ebola - CNN.com

I wonder if these nurses are still caring for patients or is each nurse or doctor continuing to work just hoping not to get sick?

Nothing to worry about, as I understand from another thread the PC Police have decided that the flu is more deadly, and until 27,000 or so Americans die it doesn't matter, it's just hysteria and stuff.

Maybe Obama will have some words of encouragement for us today. no?

Our troops going to Africa still?

-Geaux

Fortunately for all of us, the professionals working on our behalf over at the CDC and at medical facilities nationwide are not politically motivated. They are going to contain this virus......as much as that disappoints you crazy fucks.

Fortunately for all of us, the professionals working on our behalf over at the CDC and at medical facilities nationwide are not politically motivated. They are going to contain this virus......as much as that disappoints you crazy fucks.

And you know this how? Oh yea, you're one that's in the flu is worse crowd

-Geaux

Here are the FACTS. A second RN has, indeed, tested positive for Ebola. It has now been reported that the deceased man (first Ebola patient) spent 4 hours sitting in the ER waiting for treatment. The Nurses that treated the man, then went on to treat other patients that evening. As of right now - there is no way of knowing how far this may (or may not) have spread.

Hopefully, it can be contained. However, listening to that quack from the CDC - leaves me to believe that he doesn't have a clue.

FEMA coffins at the ready. DHS has purchased endless rounds of 40 S&W and 12 gauge buckshot. All this adds up to Obama filling body bags

-Geaux

Some of you are seriously stupid.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

* Heart disease: 596,577
* Cancer: 576,691
* Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 142,943
* Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,932
* Accidents (unintentional injuries): 126,438
* Alzheimer's disease: 84,974
* Diabetes: 73,831
* Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,826
* Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,591
* Intentional self-harm (suicide): 39,518

When we get into the hundreds or thousands wake me and I'll give a shit about ebola.

When we get into the hundreds or thousands wake me and I'll give a shit about ebola.

Jesus - I simply can NOT believe that you didn't list "gun deaths" as well.......You remind me of Obama - lead from behind. No one is saying that there is an outbreak you idiot. But left unchecked (which obviously the CDC is doing) it could get nasty. Be proactive for once in your life, not reactive, fool. It doesn't work well for Obama and it work work for you, either.

Sure nothing to see here.

Jesus - I simply can NOT believe that you didn't list "gun deaths" as well.......You remind me of Obama - lead from behind. No one is saying that there is an outbreak you idiot. But left unchecked (which obviously the CDC is doing) it could get nasty. Be proactive for once in your life, not reactive, fool. It doesn't work well for Obama and it work work for you, either.

That's what Obama supporters do. When they can't hide behind the facts that expose Obama, they try and degrade the message of importance. Just wait until these nurses go on strike and refuse to treat patients

-Geaux

First of all nearly all of the diseases you compare to are not contagious.
Second, Ebola is a new disease as far as being here in America. Naturally there is going to be a period early on where we will have a heightened sense of concern.

First of all nearly all of the diseases you compare to are not contagious.
Second, Ebola is a new disease as far as being here in America. Naturally there is going to be a period early on where we will have a heightened sense of concern.

Why I DO find interesting is that Ebola has been around for 40 years in Africa. The US has NEVER had a case of Ebola on our soil. NEVER. A couple of Doctors get infected and we bring them here for treatment. Now? We are dealing with a deadly disease that is 70% deadly. In contrast, Influenza is 2% deadly.

Is it only me that finds that a little "strange'?

Forum List

Back