Second Amendment rights lead to Second Amendment Remedies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rightwinger, Jan 11, 2011.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    Our Founding Fathers thought it was important that Americans have the right to bear arms. Since our inception, guns have played an important role of who we are as a country. Guns are part of being an American. Every child grew up playing Cowboys and Indians. With millions of guns out there, there is no turning back. Guns are a part of America.
    With our Second Amendment rights come the accessibility of Second Amendment Remedies. Those aspects of our society that some are not happy with can be dealt with by a gun. If you don't like the way someone is using their First Amendment rights to free speech...you have Second Amendment Remedies available to you. If you don't like someones politics....there are always Second Amendment Remedies
    This has become part of who we are. Throughout our history, individuals have relied on Second Amendment Remedies to resolve their grievances. Somebody cuts you off in traffic...you have Second Amendment Remedies available to you. Somebody disses your girlfriend? Second Amendment Remedies.
    You want to know what we can do about it? Nothing
    We have to live with it. It is part of being an American. We have set our path and now must live with the consequences. Some of those consequences of universal gun ownership are good....some are bad. But thats the way it is

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,114
    And if more people in the crowd were armed the wack job shooter might not have done the damage he did.

I for one refuse to be anyone's target so I carry.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    That's JUST what we need, more armed idiots.

4. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,114
    Better to be armed than to be a defenseless sheep led to slaughter.

5. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Oh please....now honestly, while I support everyone's right to own a gun or guns, do we REALLY want to return our society to the good old days of the wild, wild west, where every disagreement was settled with a gun fight? REALLY?

6. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,114
    Since when would taking out a wacko who is shooting innocent children be the same as solving every dispute with a gun?

It's these insane leaps of so called liberal logic that make you guys look like fucking morons.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,620
    I support gun rights for every law abiding Citizen, and I don't think that Guns by themselves kill people.

If guns weren't around, he could have driven a stolen Mini-Bus through that crowd and possibly take out 20 or so. There, the common denominator wouldn't obviously be the weapon, but the intent to kill.

If anyone thinks that without guns, someone intent on killing couldn't kill, I think you're probably a little bit naive.

8. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Let me put it another way. I own a handgun for self protection. After purchasing the gun, I immediately went to the firing range to make sure I knew how to use it. I bought a cleaning kit to make sure it stays in perfect working condition and I regularly retrain with this gun to make sure I know what I am doing and can be proficient with it, should the need arise. I know for a fact that many gun owners do not bother with any of these steps. Do you want any idiot running arouund with a gun, who hasn't been trained on how to use it, or trained in aiming it "coming to the rescue" in a large crowd situation? REALLY? You conservatives try to paint things as being so simple, when in fact they not always are. An armed moron could do just as much damage, if not more trying to "help" with a gun as did Loughner.

9. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    More Second Amendment remedies

10. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    In our society, how many times have we had mass killings by stolen mini-bus?

Americans like their guns and use them to resolve grievances