Second Amendment Bad, Constitution Bad

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I was a fan of "Sherlock" and "Persons of Interest". However, both shows have taken it upon themselves to inform people that the really bad guys are the ones who mention "Second Amendment" -- they're evil, subversive, anti-government lunatics!

How can you not trust a government that spies on you, monitors all your emails and website visits? How can you not love a government that sends the IRS against it's "enemies" (aka: Conservatives).

My wife is a fan of "Scandals" and I almost made it through a whole episode. The one I saw had a "Conservative Right wing Republican Veteran (something like that) -- who was gay!!! OMG!! Is that legal?! Like Obama, he had to hide his gayness because he would have been shunned by Conservatives!

It makes me groan when I see shit like this, but I have lots of other things that occupy my time, so that's a little more time away from the TV.

I was a fan of "Sherlock" and "Persons of Interest". However, both shows have taken it upon themselves to inform people that the really bad guys are the ones who mention "Second Amendment" -- they're evil, subversive, anti-government lunatics!

How can you not trust a government that spies on you, monitors all your emails and website visits? How can you not love a government that sends the IRS against it's "enemies" (aka: Conservatives).

My wife is a fan of "Scandals" and I almost made it through a whole episode. The one I saw had a "Conservative Right wing Republican Veteran (something like that) -- who was gay!!! OMG!! Is that legal?! Like Obama, he had to hide his gayness because he would have been shunned by Conservatives!

It makes me groan when I see shit like this, but I have lots of other things that occupy my time, so that's a little more time away from the TV.

You liked a show whose entire plot revolves around good guys getting their Bat signal from people's social security numbers? Hmmmmmm..........

You liked a show whose entire plot revolves around good guys getting their Bat signal from people's social security numbers? Hmmmmmm..........

The best fiction is that with a bit of truth to it

Tell me do you think the government has no civilian surveillance programs?

What we think of as state of the art is most likely 5 to 7 years behind the tech the government is using for civilian surveillance.

What we think of as state of the art is most likely 5 to 7 years behind the tech the government is using for civilian surveillance.

It's fiction when a character appears right wing on a show and is allegedly losing something. The entire concept of using someones social security number for the good is ...........not right wing in the least? Say that out loud. Then say, invasion of privacy for your own good.

Last edited:

It's fiction when a character appears right wing on a show and is allegedly losing something. The entire concept of using someones social security number for the good is ...........not right wing in the least? Say that out loud. Then say, invasion of privacy for your own good.

Some of us don't label everything under the sun as left or right wing.

Persons of Interst? Yes, it was an awesome show that only hinted at how truly fucked and unfree we are. If a Republican were President, there'd be no end to the episodes focused on government abuse of our "One Nation, Under Surveillance"

Some of us don't label everything under the sun as left or right wing.

Thee aren't too many law and order shows that are left wing-and that is essentially what this is. Especially, when you begin with the invasion of privacy is good for you meme.

Persons of Interst? Yes, it was an awesome show that only hinted at how truly fucked and unfree we are. If a Republican were President, there'd be no end to the episodes focused on government abuse of our "One Nation, Under Surveillance"

IDK, it was starting out from a justified abuse so I don't know how it could move to the left from that position and it doesn't matter who the hell is in office.

Forum List

Back