Seattle

Going today.

Well... YOU are in luck! Blue skies today and through the weekend. Supposed to be 80 F tomorrow. Unusually nice for this time of year. There is a new huge Ferris Wheel down on the waterfront that overlooks much of lower downtown and the piers area. The locks still a hit with many nice boats leaving town for the weekend. Nice gardens at the Locks also. My favorite way to enjoy the Locks is to go to "Spuds" on Greenlake and buy a couple orders of thier Prawns and chips(per person). The best take out Seafood in town. The lemon (real) Coke is a favorite to wash em down.

Spuds
6860 East Green Lake Way N. 98115
(206) 524 0565

Many places to sit down on the big terraced lawns overlooking the locks.

You might want to bring a blanket..we have geese.

For sit down seafood try Ivars Salmon House ..near U of W on North End of Lake Union or

Fisherman's Terminal has several restaurants. Chinook's is the best. Best Dungeness Crab. Dungeness is known as the best crab onthe planet. They ran out when Samson visited so ya might want to call first. :lol:

Chinook's at Salmon Bay | Anthony's Home Port

Hope this gets to you in time.

Glad I found this thread LOL.

Building an itinerary for a 3 day visit early August.

Plus I had a lot of laughs reading the posts. You guys are fucking insane.

Cutting and pasting as I read.

We're parking the kid at Cornish for 3 weeks. Renting car for our brief stay.

Got an eye on that La Quinta (next to Denny's) downtown. Reasonable rate, and FREE parking.

So, anything new and exciting for that time of year?

First week of August? You'll probably have sunshine, it's one of the few weeks in the year when it's practically guaranteed. (don't hold me to that, it's still Seattle)

Don't forget to do the ghost tour. Be sure and see the flying fish at Pike Place Market and visit the original Starbucks (if you don't, I'll tell the people in the coffee shop :D)

3 days isn't a lot of time for Seattle. There's a lot to do along the waterfront. There's the Space Needle and the Science Center, and the EMP if you want to see the ugliest building in the world. It's a great museum too, I just can't get past the building.

There's the Ballard Locks, the Freemont Troll, do the Ducks if you get a chance, they are boats that go on land and sea, great tour if a little pricy.

During the time I lived there, we were suffering through a particularly long wet spell in January one year and one of the weather pundits was asked when we would see the sun again and he quipped back "August 15". Since I was sitting at a desk with a calendar right in front of me (this was old school - on paper) I flipped to August and made a note on the 15th documenting the prediction.

Sho' nuff, August that year was unusually wet. Take an umbrella! :wink_2:

Naw, if you take an umbrella, we'll know you're a tourist.

Glad I found this thread LOL.

Building an itinerary for a 3 day visit early August.

Plus I had a lot of laughs reading the posts. You guys are fucking insane.

Cutting and pasting as I read.

We're parking the kid at Cornish for 3 weeks. Renting car for our brief stay.

Got an eye on that La Quinta (next to Denny's) downtown. Reasonable rate, and FREE parking.

So, anything new and exciting for that time of year?

Drive to Anacostia (about 1 hr north of Seattle) and take the ferry through San Juan Sound. Go island hopping (including ORCA island). This is a cheap and easy way to see a beautiful part of the country. The sun shines over the sound when it isn't over land.

I actually took this advice from Huggy, and he was amazingly correct for one that is obviously insane (I believe you can see his post #19 of the thread). Order crab early in the evening, because apparently there aren't enough to go around. There's also terrific oysters in the area and they are all on display down at the warf in Seattle.

Last edited:
Lets see if this works... [MENTION=18867]HUGGY[/MENTION]
You ever go to Golden Gardens park?
Thinking about going there Saturday.

Lets see if this works... [MENTION=18867]HUGGY[/MENTION]
You ever go to Golden Gardens park?
Thinking about going there Saturday.

Ya it's nice. It's just a beach. There are no commercial buisness's at Golden Gardens. Bring everything you may want in the way of refreshments or food. Don't think about swiming because the water is friggin cold. West Seattle has a nice beach also. It's called Alki. I would recommend the Beach at Golden Gardens then maybe having lunch at the Locks watching boats. There are a few good restaurants overlooking the locks ...You will see them as you drive South towards Ballard from Golden Gardens.

If you have a wind surfer board GG is a great place to launch off at. I used to go there when I had a board. It got stolen and I just didn't do it enough to spend a couple thou more to replace it.

Last edited:
K Cool!

Going to Mariners game tomorrow night, but since it is suppose to be warm saturday we thought about going to the beach and someone recommended Golden Gardens, but I remember Alki beach, it was pretty nice if I remember correctly. We want to go somewhere on the Sound.

K Cool!

Going to Mariners game tomorrow night, but since it is suppose to be warm saturday we thought about going to the beach and someone recommended Golden Gardens, but I remember Alki beach, it was pretty nice if I remember correctly. We want to go somewhere on the Sound.

It really depends if you are staying overnight and where you will want to start at/end up at if you are getting a motel/hotel room first or staying at a friends.. where? You can waste a lot of your time driving around in one day. Alki is actually the closest beach to the baseball stadium. 10 -15 min drive. There are lots of places to eat right accross the road from the beach at Alki. I recomend Spuds Fish and Chips. Thier prawns are the best dipped in thier tarter sauce. Simple food ..great food.

Spud Fish & Chips - West Seattle - Seattle, WA

K Cool!

It really depends if you are staying overnight and where you will want to start at/end up at if you are getting a motel/hotel room first or staying at a friends.. where? You can waste a lot of your time driving around in one day. Alki is actually the closest beach to the baseball stadium. 10 -15 min drive. There are lots of places to eat right accross the road from the beach at Alki. I recomend Spuds Fish and Chips. Thier prawns are the best dipped in thier tarter sauce. Simple food ..great food.

I used to live a 10-15 minute walk from Alki Beach, up the hill, with a view overlooking the Sound. Ten minute walk down hill, 15 if up. Alki is close to the Mariners Stadium and a pleasant place. I had a first date there once, dinner at one of the restaurants and walking along the beach and talking for a couple of hours. Resulted in a six month relationship. Alki is nice. :)

Last edited:
K Cool!

I used to live a 10-15 minute walk from Alki Beach, up the hill, with a view overlooking the Sound. Ten minute walk down hill, 15 if up. Alki is close to the Mariners Stadium and a pleasant place. I had a first date there once, dinner at one of the restaurants and walking along the beach and talking for a couple of hours. Resulted in a six month relationship. Alki is nice. :)

Anybody want to take a trip south of Seattle this weekend, to Dumas Bay, Centerstage Theatre is doing "Rock and Soul". I'm the House Manager, or one of them and tonight is opening night. Centerstage Theatre Arts Conservatory

Anybody want to really feel good about themselves this weekend we need more volunteers for the play both Sat and Sun, and if you volunteer, you get to see the play for free.

Anybody want to take a trip south of Seattle this weekend, to Dumas Bay, Centerstage Theatre is doing "Rock and Soul". I'm the House Manager, or one of them and tonight is opening night. Centerstage Theatre Arts Conservatory

Anybody want to really feel good about themselves this weekend we need more volunteers for the play both Sat and Sun, and if you volunteer, you get to see the play for free.

Dumas Bay.. ??? Where the EFF is that?

Dumas Bay.. ??? Where the EFF is that?

Click on the link it will give you directions. It's near Dash Point State Park.

K Cool!

My cousin told me to get a Cuban sandwich across the street

Forum List

Back