Sealybobo got his wish!

Tech_Esq

Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Jul 10, 2008
Northern Virginia
Sealy, and those other of you who have been proclaiming that the lib talkers would skin the hide of the conservative talkers if they were only given a fair shot, here it is!

You have your wish in the best market ever! You have Washington, DC, Lib central (especially with the new administration and both houses held by the Dems). You have WTNT who has decided to go to a mixed talk format. So, now you will have Ed Schultz (whoever that is.....one of your guys though) going head to with Rush from 12 - 3 PM.

Let's see who wins! Ed Schultz is followed by Monica Crowley so Conservatives don't tune in too early or you'll get political whiplash :lol:

I don't know who he is, but I like what I found on Wikipedia:

Air America Feud
On February 13, 2007, Schultz dedicated the first hour of his show to a heated monologue against Air America Radio. Air America host Sam Seder suggested that the XM Air America channel should only have Air America hosts on it and reportedly asked his viewers to call XM to remove Schultz in favor of Air America host Thom Hartmann, who replaced Al Franken. Schultz interpreted this as an attack from the entire network. Other hosts on Air America have made negative comments about Schultz, saying he is not liberal or progressive enough.[citation needed] They've also made light of his rural accent and location in Fargo, North Dakota.[citation needed] Schultz responded by saying Air America "sucks" and "If you listen to Air America, I don't want you to listen to the Ed Schultz show cause I'm better than them!" Schultz also stated, "They're bankrupt ... they don't know how to run radio," alluding to Air America's chronic financial problems.

Sealy, and those other of you who have been proclaiming that the lib talkers would skin the hide of the conservative talkers if they were only given a fair shot, here it is!

You have your wish in the best market ever! You have Washington, DC, Lib central (especially with the new administration and both houses held by the Dems). You have WTNT who has decided to go to a mixed talk format. So, now you will have Ed Schultz (whoever that is.....one of your guys though) going head to with Rush from 12 - 3 PM.

Let's see who wins! Ed Schultz is followed by Monica Crowley so Conservatives don't tune in too early or you'll get political whiplash :lol:

Fuck Ed Schultz! I like the guy and all, but he's not our spokesman.

See, this is proof the media isn't liberal anymore. Did you know Ed used to be a Conservative/Republican?

I like him, don't get me wrong, but he is not who I would pick to go against Rush.

WHo would I pick? Randi Rhodes? Where is Randi? I believe she got fired. Why? Because she tells it like it is. She explains how the oil companies are gouging us. She explains how the sub prime crash happened. She explains how deregulations fucked up the economy.

Bottom line is, Ed Schultz is a lightweight.

All this proves is the radio media has been purchased by corporations and since the Dems are in charge, and they must, they will reluctently give us a liberal show, but it won't be anything close to Rush Limbaugh.

So for you cock suckers who will now bash Randi, remember, you have Rush. If you think Randi lies, Rush is an even bigger liar.

So whatever reasons you are going to give for why they didn't put Randi on, remember, you are probably going to discribe Rush to a tee.

Is she outragous, annoying, opinionated, loud, knows her facts, can spin with the best of them?

What do you have to say about Randi? Now, consider what a prick Rush is.

So if you want to let us fight fire with fire, don't put Ed Schultz on.

And don't tell me this is fair and balanced.

The only media you hear is the media that the corporations allow you to hear.

All the shit you hear me saying, is all true, but you think I'm a nut because you aren't hearing it on your tv.

For example, and it is a great example, why isn't the corporate media talking about this?

Last week (the week of February 23, 2009) was a very productive one for Ron Paul. On Monday he posted, "On Transparency of the Fed," which applauded the Fed's recent initiatives to enhance its transparency and accountability. However, Paul went on to say, "But with so much of the Fed’s business cloaked in secrecy, these latest initiatives will not even scratch the surface of the Fed’s opaque operations." Furthermore, according to Paul, "People are demanding answers and explanations for our economic malaise, and we should settle for nothing less than the whole truth on monetary policy."

Therefore, Paul announced:

"The first step is to pass legislation I will soon introduce requiring an audit of the Federal Reserve so we can at least get an accurate picture of what is happening with our money. If this audit reveals what I suspect, and Congress has finally had enough, they can also pass my legislation to abolish the Federal Reserve and put control of the economy’s lifeblood, the currency, back where it Constitutionally belongs. If Congress refuses to do these two things, the very least they could do is repeal legal tender laws and allow people to choose a different currency in which to operate. If the Fed refuses to open its books to an audit, and Congress refuses to demand this, the people should not be subject to the whims of this secretive and incompetent organization."

HR 1207- Auditing the Federal Reserve

And why isn't Ed Schultz talking about it? Ed's good, but not our best. Figures the corporate media would pick someone who isn't our best.

Or Thom Hartmann. He speaks the truth.

I don't know who he is, but I like what I found on Wikipedia:

Air America Feud
On February 13, 2007, Schultz dedicated the first hour of his show to a heated monologue against Air America Radio. Air America host Sam Seder suggested that the XM Air America channel should only have Air America hosts on it and reportedly asked his viewers to call XM to remove Schultz in favor of Air America host Thom Hartmann, who replaced Al Franken. Schultz interpreted this as an attack from the entire network. Other hosts on Air America have made negative comments about Schultz, saying he is not liberal or progressive enough.[citation needed] They've also made light of his rural accent and location in Fargo, North Dakota.[citation needed] Schultz responded by saying Air America "sucks" and "If you listen to Air America, I don't want you to listen to the Ed Schultz show cause I'm better than them!" Schultz also stated, "They're bankrupt ... they don't know how to run radio," alluding to Air America's chronic financial problems.

I didn't know all this happened. Interesting.

But I think Ed is good. Not the best, but he speaks the truth.

He should do alright against Rush.

He won't win over much of Rush's audience, but he will tap into a market that has been ignored for 8 years.

Can anyone say that if a person got half of rush's audience numbers, that this show would not be profitable? Even if he got half of Rush's numbers, that would be a profitable show.

Rush makes $40 million. If Ed gets half of his numbers, will they pay him $20 million? I doubt it, because Rush is being paid for spewing his right wing rhetoric.

The station owners will not even let Ed get out of line like they let Rush.

I decided to listen to a little bit of it just to get a flavor of lib talk.

I was treated to why the right is so wrong about card check. And a treatise on why any Dem senator that doesn't toe the line "on card check won't be around much longer."

Conclusion, Ed sounds like a very angry guy.

I don't know, Ed Shultz is a pretty smart guy. He sat in for one of them on MSNBC the other night. He doesn't just sit there reading articles like Rush does, he actually argues points.

I don't know, Ed Shultz is a pretty smart guy. He sat in for one of them on MSNBC the other night. He doesn't just sit there reading articles like Rush does, he actually argues points.

If you lean right, you will listen and like Rush. If you are sane, you will probably like listening to Ed more than Rush.

But I would have picked a couple other hosts before Ed.

Apparently Ed doesn't threaten the corporate media, so they'll put him on.

PS. Putting him on in the middle of right wing talk is a mistake. THis is the mistake other stations have made. Put him on another station, where liberals can flock.

If they expect Ed to win over right wingers, they can think again. Those right wingers are brainwashed and nothing will get them to change.

If 8 years of Bush didn't get them to change, nothing will.

If you lean right, you will listen and like Rush. If you are sane, you will probably like listening to Ed more than Rush.

PS. Putting him on in the middle of right wing talk is a mistake. THis is the mistake other stations have made. Put him on another station, where liberals can flock.

If they expect Ed to win over right wingers, they can think again. Those right wingers are brainwashed and nothing will get them to change.

They tried putting him on an all Left Wing station. The station went belly up. They have converted it to "Business Talk" radio whatever that is. I guess they figured this Schultz guy was the only one salvageable from the Left wing station and they brought him over to the "also ran" right wing station. Now, how you get two "right wing" stations to flourish in the Washington DC market is beyond me. The entire collection of Republicans in this area could hold their meetings in a phone booth.

They tried putting him on an all Left Wing station. The station went belly up. They have converted it to "Business Talk" radio whatever that is. I guess they figured this Schultz guy was the only one salvageable from the Left wing station and they brought him over to the "also ran" right wing station. Now, how you get two "right wing" stations to flourish in the Washington DC market is beyond me. The entire collection of Republicans in this area could hold their meetings in a phone booth.

Funny, because Air America is still alive in Michigan. Nova M Radio changed, but 1310 am is still Air America.

What state do you live in?

PS. Where is Randi Rhodes? She's the only one that can beat Rush. Thom Hartmann already has a huge following, but Randi is our left version of Rush, and the Corporate Media ran her off because she was too good.

Funny, because Air America is still alive in Michigan. Nova M Radio changed, but 1310 am is still Air America.

PS. Where is Randi Rhodes? She's the only one that can beat Rush. Thom Hartmann already has a huge following, but Randi is our left version of Rush, and the Corporate Media ran her off because she was too good.

I'm in Washington, DC, (at least by day). I sleep in Virginia though. We have "Federal talk" radio. That's just for Bureaucrats in the federal agencies. It's not very political. Two conservative talk stations. Although, I think WTNT is trying to prep itself for "local standard" review. They have that idiot Mancow on in the morning, Laura Ingram, Ed Schultz, Monica Crowley and that nut Michael Savage (Weiner) for a line up.

I don't know anything about this Randi or Thom you write about. You say Randi is an entertainer like Rush? What kind of bits does she do?

I'm in Washington, DC, (at least by day). I sleep in Virginia though. We have "Federal talk" radio. That's just for Bureaucrats in the federal agencies. It's not very political. Two conservative talk stations. Although, I think WTNT is trying to prep itself for "local standard" review. They have that idiot Mancow on in the morning, Laura Ingram, Ed Schultz, Monica Crowley and that nut Michael Savage (Weiner) for a line up.

I don't know anything about this Randi or Thom you write about. You say Randi is an entertainer like Rush? What kind of bits does she do?

No, not an entertainer who does bits. She's just really really smart. So smart, you'll hear the right wingers attack her for nonsensical bullshit reasons.

They say she's "just as bad as rush", but the truth is, I haven't found her to be wrong about one thing the whole time I listened to her.

Ok one thing. She doesn't buy into the Ron Paul Federal Reserve is unconstitutional thing. That's the one thing I disagreed with her on. A caller tried to tell her and she shot him down.

But she wouldn't protect Chris Dodd if he did what the righties say she did. I would look forward to my drive home because she would either confirm the story or deny it, and back it up with facts. I miss her. Every other media just report what Fox News is reporting. No independent investigation at all.

She seemed to be the only voice that was giving us the honest inside information. You know, more than what MSNBC or CNN are willing to say. And she explains how those stations have been deregulated so that 5 companies own them all, and they tell their on air personalities what they can and can not report on. She refuses to be told what she can say. That's why she stays on the radio. But apparently she was just fired again. Not sure why though. Hush hush.

I would love for her to debate Rush. Not only would she explain to him that he is fos, she would also explain why.

So she got fired from Air America because she called Hillary & Geraldine Ferraro whores. She and I were both supporting Hillary, and then Hillary lied, was full of shit about being under fire, etc. And then Hillary started lying about Obama, and her and Bill brought race into it, so both Randi and I backed Obama instead. All of the sudden, Randi got fired. But she was doing stand up on the weekend when she called them whores. But some right winger caught her on tape and sent it to Air America.

So her being fired is proof the media is not liberal. If Rush can get away with all his lies, why did Randi get fired?

Funny that righties say that the media is liberal but then they also say that no one likes liberal talk. Kind of contradicting, huh?

Here is what she said when she got fired from Air America:

Update: Randi Rhodes went on Larry King Live and contradicted earlier statements regarding the manner in which her relationship was terminated with Air America. Rhodes said that Air America had new owners and that "this thing is really about them wanting to change my contract." According to Rhodes, when the new owners discovered "they didn't have the right to fire [her]" they used parts of her stand-up routine as a means to get her to leave Air America.

That was last year.

I don't know why Nova M Radio let her go, but the station no longer exists, so that might be her problem.

And I am blocked from other sites that might tell me. If you can dig and find out, please share.

Maybe she can go to Serius or XM Radio.

No, not an entertainer who does bits. She's just really really smart. So smart, you'll hear the right wingers attack her for nonsensical bullshit reasons.

They say she's "just as bad as rush", but the truth is, I haven't found her to be wrong about one thing the whole time I listened to her.

Ok one thing. She doesn't buy into the Ron Paul Federal Reserve is unconstitutional thing. That's the one thing I disagreed with her on. A caller tried to tell her and she shot him down.

But she wouldn't protect Chris Dodd if he did what the righties say she did. I would look forward to my drive home because she would either confirm the story or deny it, and back it up with facts. I miss her. Every other media just report what Fox News is reporting. No independent investigation at all.

She seemed to be the only voice that was giving us the honest inside information. You know, more than what MSNBC or CNN are willing to say. And she explains how those stations have been deregulated so that 5 companies own them all, and they tell their on air personalities what they can and can not report on. She refuses to be told what she can say. That's why she stays on the radio. But apparently she was just fired again. Not sure why though. Hush hush.

I would love for her to debate Rush. Not only would she explain to him that he is fos, she would also explain why.

So she got fired from Air America because she called Hillary & Geraldine Ferraro whores. She and I were both supporting Hillary, and then Hillary lied, was full of shit about being under fire, etc. And then Hillary started lying about Obama, and her and Bill brought race into it, so both Randi and I backed Obama instead. All of the sudden, Randi got fired. But she was doing stand up on the weekend when she called them whores. But some right winger caught her on tape and sent it to Air America.

So her being fired is proof the media is not liberal. If Rush can get away with all his lies, why did Randi get fired?

Funny that righties say that the media is liberal but then they also say that no one likes liberal talk. Kind of contradicting, huh?

Update: Randi Rhodes went on Larry King Live and contradicted earlier statements regarding the manner in which her relationship was terminated with Air America. Rhodes said that Air America had new owners and that "this thing is really about them wanting to change my contract." According to Rhodes, when the new owners discovered "they didn't have the right to fire [her]" they used parts of her stand-up routine as a means to get her to leave Air America.

That was last year.

I don't know why Nova M Radio let her go, but the station no longer exists, so that might be her problem.

And I am blocked from other sites that might tell me. If you can dig and find out, please share.

nope, sorry,, shit outta luck,, Sirrius is going bankrupt too.. oh :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:my :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

That was last year.

nope, sorry,, shit outta luck,, Sirrius is going bankrupt too.. oh :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:my :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Rush is losing advertisers and Clear Channel is in trouble too:

Now, I know a lot of people are scratching their heads over this, since $400 million seems like quite a gamble for Clear Channel to spend at a time when its own revenues are declining, and on a guy with a well-known history of health problems (including deafness and drug addiction) and whose conservative shtick seems to be going against the prevailing political winds.

So how is Clearchannel doing? This was from last year.

In November of 2006, Thomas H. Lee Partners and Bain Capital announced that they were pursuing a deal for Clear Channel Communications (NYSE: CCU). It took a few months to reach an agreement, but in May 2007 buyout terms were reached, and shareholders approved the deal in September. The deal is worth nearly $20 billion, one of the largest buyouts in history.

As of noon today, Clear Channel is trading at $33.94, a significant discount to the buyout price of $39.20. This suggests that there is considerable -- and growing -- skepticism about the deal. Concerns include the weak track record of recent big buyouts as well as the uncertain prospects of commercial communications companies like Clear Channel, which face growing competition from internet-based services and MP3 devices.

The Financial Times, via MSN.com, is reporting that while bankers involved in the deal still think it will probably go through, there is some resistance. One banker is quoted as saying, "there are a lot of undercurrents, including the fact that the returns for the sponsors are terrible and the break-up fee isn't huge." The 'not huge' break-up fee is $500 million -- not a small amount for your average music lover, but small enough when compared to massive losses on a $20 billion deal.

Net Profit Margin -86.69%

Now at 2.58 a fucking share you moron. I hope you bought stock in this.

I used to get Shultz when I was up in the mountains. He spends a lot of time avoiding actual issues, and shouting down conservatives, just like liberals do here.

I used to get Shultz when I was up in the mountains. He spends a lot of time avoiding actual issues, and shouting down conservatives, just like liberals do here.

And apparently, he used to be a conservative.

He is pretty common sense, which is why in some ways, I'm glad they put him on and not Randi Rhodes.

Randi would infuriate the right, but Ed will talk common sense with them and tell them when they are right and/or wrong.

I guess Obama's plan for small business sounds very Republican. Ed said yesterday, "we need to put that right and left crap behind us and come up with solutions that will fix this problem.

I challange anyone to let us know if Ed is ever lying or full of shit like Rush is. You may not agree with him, but he won't be making shit up or putting a spin on the facts.

Just let me know if you hear him bs'ing.

And apparently, he used to be a conservative.

He is pretty common sense, which is why in some ways, I'm glad they put him on and not Randi Rhodes.

Randi would infuriate the right, but Ed will talk common sense with them and tell them when they are right and/or wrong.

I guess Obama's plan for small business sounds very Republican. Ed said yesterday, "we need to put that right and left crap behind us and come up with solutions that will fix this problem.

I challange anyone to let us know if Ed is ever lying or full of shit like Rush is. You may not agree with him, but he won't be making shit up or putting a spin on the facts.

Just let me know if you hear him bs'ing.
No, he was a self-proclaimed liberal when I listened to him. Its important to know thy enemy. And was full of bull shit whenever he was on.

New Topics

Forum List

Back