Don Imus: I have prostate cancer

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Imus announces he has prostate cancer - 3/16/09 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Don Imus announced on his radio show this morning that he has stage II prostate cancer.

The 68-year-old Imus made the surprise announcement on his radio show at around 7:30 a.m.

He told his listeners he has full faith "his doctors will beat it."
He did not say when he was starting treatment.

"The day you find out is fine," he said. "But the next morning when you get up, your knees are shaking. I didn't think I could make it to work."
Wearing black sunglasses and slumped behind his microphone, Imus speculated that the cancer may have come from stress.

Imus works now for the ABC Radio Networks and rural RFD-TV after being fired by CBS Radio and MSNBC in spring 2007 for referring to the Rutgers women as "nappy-headed hos."

Imus announces he has prostate cancer - 3/16/09 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Don Imus announced on his radio show this morning that he has stage II prostate cancer.

The 68-year-old Imus made the surprise announcement on his radio show at around 7:30 a.m.

He told his listeners he has full faith "his doctors will beat it."
He did not say when he was starting treatment.

"The day you find out is fine," he said. "But the next morning when you get up, your knees are shaking. I didn't think I could make it to work."
Wearing black sunglasses and slumped behind his microphone, Imus speculated that the cancer may have come from stress.

Imus works now for the ABC Radio Networks and rural RFD-TV after being fired by CBS Radio and MSNBC in spring 2007 for referring to the Rutgers women as "nappy-headed hos."

Good luck to him.

He's hardly alone.

Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer found in American men, other than skin cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there will be about 186,320 new cases of prostate cancer in the United States in 2008. About 28,660 men will die of this disease this year. Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men. Lung cancer is the first. One man in 6 will get prostate cancer during his lifetime, and 1 man in 35 will die of this disease. More than 2 million men in the United States who have had prostate cancer at some point are still alive today. The death rate for prostate cancer is going down, and the disease is being found earlier as well.

source

Stress I'm not sure. The primary risk factor is age. This type of cancer is a glandular cancer and a slow progressing CA. There is a genetic link between type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

mostly it is slow moving...but the odd strain will move fast....entering other organs and bringing ya down fast

Stress I'm not sure. The primary risk factor is age. This type of cancer is a glandular cancer and a slow progressing CA. There is a genetic link between type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

mostly it is slow moving...but the odd strain will move fast....entering other organs and bringing ya down fast

As with all CA. Of course, stage 2 means it has not spread beyond the organ.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back