Seahawks Draft.

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
#62 2nd day Hawks first pick:

Frank Clark DE out of Michigan. The guy is an absolute beast. Sack Master. Fast enough to cover WRs Excellent on the run stop. Only 273...If he bulks up he could amount to something. Off field issues.

6' 2" 273 lb Low 40 time 4.56

Last edited:
#69 3rd round

Tyler Lockett WR out of Kansas State

5' 11" 170 lb low 40 time an AMAZING 4.21. BLAZING speed. Excellent ball awareness. Could be the KO and Punt return guy the Hawks so desperately need.

Last edited:

Frank Clark DE out of Michigan. The guy is an absolute beast. Sack Master. Fast enough to cover WRs Excellent on the run stop. Only 273...If he bulks up he could amount to something. Off field issues.

What are the off field issues?

Marshawn Lynch never looked like this........

We are just damned LUCKY that Lynch decided to play another season. As of last year he hasn't lost a step or played with any less aggression. He runs through and stiff arms opponents better than any back I have ever seen. There have been niftier RBs in the NFL. He isn't the fastest by a long shot but he is one of the few RBs that puts fear into a defense.

What are the off field issues?

Dunno. Couldn't be anything too egregious or Schneider and Carroll would have passed on him.

I'm listening to him right now. He admits to domestic violence. He says he has gone into counseling. Sounds like a pretty cool dude. He has a thing for "Lucky Charms" Great! More snack crap gonna be thrown on the field by the fans.

Last edited:
Listened to both Clark and Lockett speak to the Seattle media. I was impressed with both kids. They are both articulate and humble about being picked by the Hawks. We already have a great defense but our return game sucks donkey dick. I'm stoked about this kid Lockett with his speed, decision making, ball handling skills and fearless North South approach to returns. Hawks were 19th and 17th in return yardage last season. We, Doug Baldwin, fumbled a KO return in the Super Bowl giving the Pats an easy short yardage score. A secure return probably would have won us the game and it wouldn't have come down to one stupid play to lose.

I know...out of sequence but pick # 248 caught my attention.

Ryan Murphy is "the right stuff" to play in the LOB. TOUGH kid. Great instincts getting to the ball as a DB. Very quick as a KO returner. A real burner that has no fear of mixing it up.

Evaluating the Seahawks' drafts in the Pete Carroll/John Schneider era is always a tough thing. The experts always grade them low and a couple years later they look like idiots when they start producing like all-pros. I love the Lockett pick but boy we gave up the farm for him so he had better work out. Fast as hell though. Hopefully, Richardson will recover well and having both those guys to stretch the field will be huge.

I saw on Fieldgulls that Frank Clark's SPARQ ratiing was 5th best in the entire draft, but his character concerns killed him. But Irvin and Lynch also had similar issues before they became Seahawks and Carroll sorted them out. If he can do the same with Clark it might turn out to be an absolute theft for where we got him. I like the two guards we took in the 4th. Clearly they drafted two hoping one of them works out. Tye Smith in thr 5th is an interesting pick. Prototypical Seattle CB.

The only one that really has me scratching my head is the 6th round pick of DT/DE Kristjan Sokoli. I am wondering if Tom Cable sees the potential to convert him to guard like they did with Sweezy. He is just not the kind of DE/DT Seattle usually looks for so there's something odd with that pick

Evaluating the Seahawks' drafts in the Pete Carroll/John Schneider era is always a tough thing. The experts always grade them low and a couple years later they look like idiots when they start producing like all-pros. I love the Lockett pick but boy we gave up the farm for him so he had better work out. Fast as hell though. Hopefully, Richardson will recover well and having both those guys to stretch the field will be huge.

I saw on Fieldgulls that Frank Clark's SPARQ ratiing was 5th best in the entire draft, but his character concerns killed him. But Irvin and Lynch also had similar issues before they became Seahawks and Carroll sorted them out. If he can do the same with Clark it might turn out to be an absolute theft for where we got him. I like the two guards we took in the 4th. Clearly they drafted two hoping one of them works out. Tye Smith in the 5th is an interesting pick. Prototypical Seattle CB.

The only one that really has me scratching my head is the 6th round pick of DT/DE Kristjan Sokoli. I am wondering if Tom Cable sees the potential to convert him to guard like they did with Sweezy. He is just not the kind of DE/DT Seattle usually looks for so there's something odd with that pick

Sorry, I haven't fully studied the results from the draft. It's one of those things that won't reveal the benefits for several months.

I wouldn't trade Carroll and Schneider as talent evaluators for any pair in the NFL. Only two others are in the same league. Bilichick and the owner of the Cowboys, Jerry Jones, are just as good so I hold reserve the judgement on the Hawks evaluation staff. They rarely miss outright. But when they do they are usually decisive about cutting mistakes loose in a New York Minute as was shown clearly with Percy Harvin,, no matter what was invested.

It will be interesting to see what happens with La'el Collins. I haven't been able to find too much on what the cops have on him, but if it turns out he is innocent he just got fucked out of millions of dollars. If he's guilty, lock him up and throw away the key.

#69 3rd round

Tyler Lockett WR out of Kansas State

5' 11" 170 lb low 40 time an AMAZING 4.21. BLAZING speed. Excellent ball awareness. Could be the KO and Punt return guy the Hawks so desperately need.

I could not believe they got Lockett.what a steal for them.

I remember watching Kevin Lockett when he played here for the chiefs and he was really good.Got to believe his son Tyler will be even better than he was the fact he will be around other great talented players he can learn from.

I have a feeling Tyler will accomplish what Ken Griffey Jr did.As talented a baseball player his father was,Junior far exceeded his talent.Same will happen with Tyler I believe.

amazing how the seahawks in a span of just one year,russel wilson will go from having a lack of a receiving core to throw to,to having an arsenel of receivers to throw to,that one reciever who is the fastest in the NFL,will only be better this year in his second season and by next year when Lockett has one year under his belt,look out.

Schneider reminds me of the steelers from the 90's,they would lose a lot of starting quality players to free agency and would never miss a beat because they drafted so well.

Listened to both Clark and Lockett speak to the Seattle media. I was impressed with both kids. They are both articulate and humble about being picked by the Hawks. We already have a great defense but our return game sucks donkey dick. I'm stoked about this kid Lockett with his speed, decision making, ball handling skills and fearless North South approach to returns. Hawks were 19th and 17th in return yardage last season. We, Doug Baldwin, fumbled a KO return in the Super Bowl giving the Pats an easy short yardage score. A secure return probably would have won us the game and it wouldn't have come down to one stupid play to lose.

As you should be stocked about Lockett.

Like I said,I think he will far exceed what his father accomplished here in KC.Kevin was pretty good,but I think Tyler will be GREAT.

Forum List

Back