Seahawks Acquire TE Jimmy Graham from Saints

Huggy, I thought you considered Jimmy Graham an overrated hack of a TE, something like that? ;)

Big pickup for the Seahawks. Graham is a huge upgrade to their passing game. The only question is who replaces Unger and how well they perform, and can Graham run block if called on.

Ok you have to understand 12 mentality. Everyone sucks unless there is a Seahawk on the side of their head. LOL I am just kidding. The run blocking by graham is indeed a big concern. I think Lewis can hold the center spot just fine. He is not as good as Unger but I think he can do what needs to be done

Huggy, I thought you considered Jimmy Graham an overrated hack of a TE, something like that? ;)

Big pickup for the Seahawks. Graham is a huge upgrade to their passing game. The only question is who replaces Unger and how well they perform, and can Graham run block if called on.

Those were almost exactly Michael Bennett's words describing Graham. He called him soft also. I might say any damned thing that crosses my mind during the season especially approaching a game. It's the internets. Nothing is real. Strawberry Fields forever.

Now that Graham is a Seahawk he will get my praise as I am an insufferable homer.

In the last three years my Lowly Hawks have risen with the leadership of Carroll and Wilson to one play from an NFC Championship game, A Super Bowl victory and another single play from a repeat. I have reason to be giddy.

The ride is far from over. Ridiculous slogans like "Win Forever" spring from Renton and we lap it up like mother's milk. Don't believe anything I say. I am under Russell Wilson's spell and not entirely responsible for my actions.

Jimmy Graham isn't regarded as the number 1 TE in the NFL anymore. He has slipped to 2nd or 3rd. THAT is a whole lot better than who we had starting in Zach Miller when he wasn't injured or the GREAT Max Unger pro bowl of the two preceeding seasons yet somehow the Hawks managed to make it to the big show with Maxie sitting out ten games last year. Whether our back ups are as good as he they certainly had experience pushed off on them and THEY weren't the reason why we are not sporting a second ring.

I watched some Graham highlights and he has ball skills. He makes catches while being mugged religiously. If the ball had been thrown to him in the last play of the last game that runt, Butler, from New Eggland would not have knocked him down and made the INT as was Lockette's fate.

Jimmy just wants a SB ring. I won't stand in his way.

Those were almost exactly Michael Bennett's words describing Graham. He called him soft also. I might say any damned thing that crosses my mind during the season especially approaching a game. It's the internets. Nothing is real. Strawberry Fields forever.

Now that Graham is a Seahawk he will get my praise as I am an insufferable homer.

In the last three years my Lowly Hawks have risen with the leadership of Carroll and Wilson to one play from an NFC Championship game, A Super Bowl victory and another single play from a repeat. I have reason to be giddy.

The ride is far from over. Ridiculous slogans like "Win Forever" spring from Renton and we lap it up like mother's milk. Don't believe anything I say. I am under Russell Wilson's spell and not entirely responsible for my actions.

Jimmy Graham isn't regarded as the number 1 TE in the NFL anymore. He has slipped to 2nd or 3rd. THAT is a whole lot better than who we had starting in Zach Miller when he wasn't injured or the GREAT Max Unger pro bowl of the two preceeding seasons yet somehow the Hawks managed to make it to the big show with Maxie sitting out ten games last year. Whether our back ups are as good as he they certainly had experience pushed off on them and THEY weren't the reason why we are not sporting a second ring.

I watched some Graham highlights and he has ball skills. He makes catches while being mugged religiously. If the ball had been thrown to him in the last play of the last game that runt, Butler, from New Eggland would not have knocked him down and made the INT as was Lockette's fate.

Jimmy just wants a SB ring. I won't stand in his way.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Seahawks acquire Jimmy Graham in stunning trade[/QUOTE]

Brilliant move by Schneider.This really opens things up for their offense.
Graham and a 4th to Seattle for a 1st and C Max Unger. HUGE trade. Wow. I am speechless.

wow is right.brilliant move by Schneider.This will really open up their offense for the Hawks.Willson is good but he isn't a difference maker. Graham is.with this move,they just might make it back and win the superbowl again this time.Having Graham to throw to opens things up for Baldwin,Kearse and the others.they just might even be able to win a superbowl again this time despite having an asshole of a coach who takes payoffs to throw superbowls. Unger was worthless getting hurt all the time.the backup that replaced him will be much better.

Sounds like NO got ripped off

I think it was kind of a win/win. The Saints get a pro-bowl caliber center and get some cap relief. They move up from the 4th round to the first. Seahawks get a top notch receiving TE without damaging their cap too terribly much and they preserve what will probably be a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2016 due to the loss of Byron Maxwell. Had they signed a player instead of traded for one they would have lost that compensatory pick or at least had it downgraded to a lower round. It's a pretty good deal for both teams I think
And the Saints help their atrocious cap situation a little bit. I think even with Graham gone they still have to cut like $20,000,000 from their roster for next year.

They had a lot to cut, that's for sure. Seattle's oline would currently be LT Russell Okung, LG Alvin Bailey?, C Patrick Lewis, RG J.R. Sweezy, RT Justin Britt. Man.....I guess that's essentially what we got to the last two Super Bowls with but boy that's a scary looking situation for Hawks fans. I hope we draft oline heavy
I would say Bailey is the only one that Hawk fans should be scared about.

Actually I feel very comfortable with Bailey. I am more comfortable with him than I am with Britt for example. Bailey has played very well when he has been on the field. I think he will be a very good left guard

Graham and a 4th to Seattle for a 1st and C Max Unger. HUGE trade. Wow. I am speechless.

wow is right.brilliant move by Schneider.This will really open up their offense for the Hawks.Willson is good but he isn't a difference maker. Graham is.with this move,they just might make it back and win the superbowl again this time.Having Graham to throw to opens things up for Baldwin,Kearse and the others.they just might even be able to win a superbowl again this time despite having an asshole of a coach who takes payoffs to throw superbowls. Unger was worthless getting hurt all the time.the backup that replaced him will be much better.
[/QUOTE]

The Seahawks look like they are gearing up for another run at a SB. This is tremendous.

The Seahawks look like they are gearing up for another run at a SB. This is tremendous.[/QUOTE]

I agree but I am worries about those injuries. Earl Thomas may not be back until October or even November, Jeremy Lane may miss the entire season, Chancellor may miss some time, Paul Richardson may miss the season. They suffered lots of serious injuries to significant players late in the year. I am concerned that they will not be ready to start the season and we will open up with a string of losses that will blow our chances

The Seahawks look like they are gearing up for another run at a SB. This is tremendous.

I agree but I am worries about those injuries. Earl Thomas may not be back until October or even November, Jeremy Lane may miss the entire season, Chancellor may miss some time, Paul Richardson may miss the season. They suffered lots of serious injuries to significant players late in the year. I am concerned that they will not be ready to start the season and we will open up with a string of losses that will blow our chances[/QUOTE]

There is time to recover and replace those who are not able to play. The Seahawks are winners.

There is time to recover and replace those who are not able to play. The Seahawks are winners.

Maybe. They will end up with 10-11 draft picks after the compensatory picks are awarded later this month. They are surprisingly in great cap shape. The trade actually helps the salary cap because even though we are paying an extra $2.4 million for Graham as opposed to Unger, the 31st pick of the draft has a scheduled salary of about $3.5 million. The fourth round pick will be far less so we actually save almost a million in cap space with the trade once you factor in draft picks. Somehow we still have the cash to give Wilson and Wagner new contracts and make a couple more moves.

They are meeting with Stefen Wisniewski today who is a good center but a powerhouse guard. He would certainly help. We could still use another WR. About the best available is Kenny Britt but the word is he will re-sign with the Rams. I am not sure what else is out there

Just listening to John Clayton and for the first time I heard anyone say the Graham deal is a done deal. I thought Max Unger has to pass his physical but according to Clayton the League has already approved of the trade. John said "it's in the books". I was really sweating it out about if the deal would unravel if the NO doctors nixed Max Unger for some reason. I was of the understanding that Unger would be taking his physical exam this coming week.

Huge sigh of relief.

Can't wait to see Graham catch his first TD in a Hawk uni!

Just listening to John Clayton and for the first time I heard anyone say the Graham deal is a done deal. I thought Max Unger has to pass his physical but according to Clayton the League has already approved of the trade. John said "it's in the books". I was really sweating it out about if the deal would unravel if the NO doctors nixed Max Unger for some reason. I was of the understanding that Unger would be taking his physical exam this coming week.

Huge sigh of relief.

And considering the Pats lost Revis and Browner and Vereen, I'd say the Seahawks are going to be the early favorites to win the SB this year.

EDIT : This assumes that their injured players are able to return, of course.

Huge sigh of relief.

And considering the Pats lost Revis and Browner and Vereen, I'd say the Seahawks are going to be the early favorites to win the SB this year.

Yup!

I just posted the early SB odds on another thread.

Seahawks out the gate 5-1 ahead of the pack.

Huge sigh of relief.

Well after the trade Vegas oddsmakers improved Seattle to 5-1 (some have 6-1). They are currently the favorites, yes.

Huge sigh of relief.

they lost Browner and Vereen as well? oh man did not know that.I have to believe after knowing this the Ravens will be the new AFC champion this year in the weak AFC.

That's a better move than Wilson cutting his wife.

Now the crybabies won't be second guessing Carroll when he calls a pass at the goal line.

A bonified star at TE will be huge for the Hawks. Graham is easily worth Unger and a first for the Seahawks. Brilliant move Schneider!

still in denial that pete the cheat took a payoff to throw that game i see.Understandable that is.I know if i were a diehard seahawk fan that was loyal to them since 1976 as well that I would be in denial about it as well myself.so totally understandable.

Now the crybabies won't be second guessing Carroll when he calls a pass at the goal line.

A bonified star at TE will be huge for the Hawks. Graham is easily worth Unger and a first for the Seahawks. Brilliant move Schneider!
Bro.. Easily??

This trade is a joke! The 31st pick might as well be a second rounder anyway. Maybe they'll hit on it, maybe they won't. You just fucked the saints right in the pussy

Bro.. Easily??

This trade is a joke! The 31st pick might as well be a second rounder anyway. Maybe they'll hit on it, maybe they won't. You just fucked the saints right in the pussy

The Saints needed the cap room. With Graham costing so much (and having fought to be paid as a WR) they probably didn't think they could afford to keep him.

I think this is probably a trade that worked well for both sides, it's just that Seattle got more tangible improvement.

Forum List

Back